phishing email

phishing email

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I’m pretty sure is a scam email but I would ask just in case.

From: ArenaNet (noreply@guildwars2.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.
Sent: Wed 4/10/13 4:09 PM
To: xxxxx@ymail.com
Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we’ll delete it after ten days.

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Guild Wars account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by ArenaNet Entertainment’s employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

https://account.guildwars2.com/allow-login?token=E4627223-9087-4AC4-8BC7-9784C48EE197&request=E553AB6A-4825-4E6C-A278-00A2C6C305A9&ip=62.150.38.163.html

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Thanks! —The ArenaNet Team

if any Mod is looking at this please let me know.

phishing email

Posted by: thelabmaster.8035

thelabmaster.8035

got the same message accidently click the link looking for my SS code so I could reset my password and log-in but closed it before it loaded. I changed the e-mail my account goes with usually I get messages from anet or GW2 team on there, but this e-mail went to the old one, I can only assume its a scam just like the ones for WoW that continue to get sent to me even though I’ve never had a WoW account.

P.S. I would replace the link with something like this
account.guildwars2.com/allow-login?token=(random letters and numbers) that way no one clicks it and gets a key logger

(edited by thelabmaster.8035)

phishing email

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Thanks for the info

phishing email

Posted by: ltolman.7538

ltolman.7538

So I bought this game March 21st, 2013; installed it same day. I now own a Level 14 Hunter, Level 10 Elementalist, Level 10 Thief, Level 5 Mesmer and I think a Level 3-4 Warrior so I’ve placed in a lot of hours. 20hrs in the last 7 days according to Raptr LOL

But I too just got this email today. It landed in my Junk Folder and at first I thought “oh great here we go again”. I mean afterall I’m getting emails from World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Star Wars, I’m sure the list goes on.

Well that aside, let me also state that I spend about $40 dollars every 6 months and buy my Credit Report (Why not get it for free? Cause recently certain websites have been hacked so by you entering your Social for a Free Report, congratz you’ve probably now gotten your identity stolen)…anyways and I look it over. If someone were to call me tomorrow saying I have an open account and I have to send them money or be sent to collections I can say “ha! then send me to collections because for the past 5 years I have credit reports saying I dont have any such account”

Likewise I think I’m now just gonna leave these emails alone too. I’ve received so many of them, so many!!! And by so many, the email you deleted from Guld Wars 2 today, I’m pretty sure they will be back within a week.

Heres my take…..if you’re having trouble signing in and you know what your password is…get a hold of support. If you’ve logged in and now all your Characters are like level 999 when you last left off at level 10…get a hold of support. And of course obviously if you try to log in and it says “account blocked” get a hold of support….so until that happens…..delete them emails and do not; i repeat do not click that link!

phishing email

Posted by: killo.5638

killo.5638

got the same message accidently click the link looking for my SS code so I could reset my password and log-in but closed it before it loaded. I changed the e-mail my account goes with usually I get messages from anet or GW2 team on there, but this e-mail went to the old one, I can only assume its a scam just like the ones for WoW that continue to get sent to me even though I’ve never had a WoW account.

P.S. I would replace the link with something like this
account.guildwars2.com/allow-login?token=(random letters and numbers) that way no one clicks it and gets a key logger

No one will get a keylogger by clicking that link in the forum.. if you look at the source code of the email, the real URI behind the code points to NOT a arena net domain.
like : gu14kn.info/
or: i53j1k.info/
Or somthing simular..
I already got 2 emails. A tip, never click a link b4 inspecting the real URL its gonna send you to.
if you can always copy -> past the uri. the copied uri(text not the hyperlink) won’t send you to the keyloggers domain, as its just account.guildwars2.com.. without any subdomain. or just go to the site where the your account is and login there.

phishing email

Posted by: ltolman.7538

ltolman.7538

Yep; got my 2nd email from Arena Net about me selling my account.

So I was checking the email address from when it said “we need you to validate your new IP location” and comparing it to the “you are selling your account” and to me it looks like the same thing??

phishing email

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Definitely a phishing email.

I still get these for World of Warcraft and I haven’t played that since 2010. I also get them for Diablo 3 which I have never played.

phishing email

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake