return to GW2, suspended for no reason?!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Noodlesoup.8170

Noodlesoup.8170

I submitted a support ticket, but i’m beyond dissatisfied at my “return to guildwars” experience so far. all i got was an error message after trying to login this evening (i was able to login fine last night and earlier today) telling me my account is suspended for account issues and to contact support on both accounts. i just upgraded my account and my wife’s account to HoT ($200+ for ultimate editions)

i’m giving it 24 hours before i reverse the charges to my credit card and write-off arenanet and ncsoft as a hopeless company regardless of the quality of the game. i’ve spent hundreds of dollars on ncsoft games over the years and this is a completely atrocious support experience.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Have to wait for support respond. No player here can help you. Also if make a charge back before you get help from support account maybe ban permanent.

Edit: I see also post in ticket for review thread. Again have to wait for support respond.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Not maybe banned permanently, but will be. In all cases of chargeback, ArenaNet can no longer help you. In fact I have seen some really disturbing situations where the user of the account got screwed over due to matters outside his or her control.

24 hours is not long enough to get support. You need to wait at least 3 days. There are how many people playing this game, and you want faster than reasonable time? Be fair, come on. Payment fraud is a real issue on the Internet. More than likely you got owned by a trigger happy system that got it wrong. This is why human intervention is necessary for when things go wrong. Nobody is immune to failure. Murphy’s Law has a way of being a donkey’s rear end.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

Noodlesoup.8170

i want a faster than reasonable time because i just spent $200. i know of no other customer experience where spending $200 results in a business telling you to “please wait up to 3 days for us to get back to you about your issue”.

and my biggest complaint is that i was notified through a login error message. no email, no phone call, nothing. if they have that many people playing this game, then they can afford to send proactive emails when they take something as significant as denial of services.

i’m not particularly concerned about the $200, they want to ban me because i do a chargeback then i’ll go spend my money else where, we are blessed to have a good job and no children so plenty of disposable income. the chargeback would be on the principle of not giving any more money to a company provided me with an appalling customer experience. if they want to trigger finger a ban, then i can trigger finger a chargeback in retaliation of denial of paid for service/product.

Noodlesoup.8170

btw, i literally paid for 2x HoT upgrades 24 hours ago.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Why would you do a chargeback. You could just get a refund. Tickets are reviewed by support in the order they are submitted. I understand you are upset but there’s no reason to do a chargeback and throw away your account like that. It’s silly to let your anger control you so into such brash decisions.

Noodlesoup.8170

their method for handling account support is awful. Even WoW does a better job at customer service.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Ok well people here try to help you and give good advice. Decide what you want to do. Good luck.

;)

Andraus.3874

Yes. Obviously support should check how much an account has spent on the game or in The gem store before reviewing tickets. Only accounts that spent the most get moved to the top of the pile. Everyone else just gets bumped back.

Is that better customer service? That’s obviously not good ethics. Your upset, idk what time it is there but get some sleep and come back to this in a day or two. You aren’t thinking very clearly.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You do realize that ANet is a smaller company than Blizzard right?

Even if they put the same % of funds into their support system, they won’t have as much money to put towards it as Blizzard.

Which means they do not have enough people where tickets are handled almost immediately for issues such as this. And no one’s ticket is more important than someone else’s. They do have divisions in their support so you’re not behind the players arguing about getting a character restored because they deleted them in a fit of anger/were drunk/brother deleted it.

Have you contacted your bank to make sure they didn’t do an automatic charge back on your behalf for one or more of the charges? Some banks do that if they suspect fraud (if you don’t do a lot of large money transactions online, the purchase may have raised a red flag or two). And that would like the same as if you asked the bank to do a charge back to ANet.

Noodlesoup.8170

they have a system that automated the suspension (i’m assuming). regardless of size, an automation system could have sent an email notifying me of the problem and could have also automatically opened a support case.

i’m not asking preferential support based on lifetime spend (although some companies do that). i’m asking for ANY information from them to start with. but i’m extra upset because it feels like i went and spent $200 to get locked out.

Noodlesoup.8170

my bank sends me a text message and an email if they suspect card fraud, i even checked to make sure i didn’t miss such a message. i know the card i used (chase visa) does an immediate decline if a charge is suspect. in this case, the charge shows as pending on my card account and i got confirmation of the purchase (x2) from arenanet. so this is unlikely to have been my bank declining the charge.

Noodlesoup.8170

and online purchases are not uncommon for the card i used. i shop at amazon, battle.net, and WoT/WoW, MWO, Origin all with the same card. online shopping is a normal event for my account.

Noodlesoup.8170

i’m trying to be patient, but i’m peeved to say the least and there’s no other outlet than complaining about it on the arenanet support forum since i can’t email or call them directly.

Andraus.3874

Why would they open a support case for all accounts they ban or suspend? That would be a lot of cases for gold sellers. I agree the support system isn’t anything amazing but it isn’t terrible. 72 hours is not an unreasonable wait time. You will get farther with support faster if you aren’t belligerent toward them.

Noodlesoup.8170

i’ve had a poor support experience before. by default they don’t trust their customers based on my interactions.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You’re going to have to wait for Support to get to your ticket.

I would contact your bank when you can to see if they blocked or charged back the transaction on their end while you wait. The payment would possibly come in under Digital River as that’s the payment processor that ANet uses.

I’d ask where you bought the keys, but only ANet sells the Ultimate Edition.

When Support does reach out to you, you could suggest to them adding in an automated message to the email as to why with details where appropriate (obviously don’t want to tell the botter what got his bot caught and reported for instance). I know I wouldn’t mind knowing if my account got hacked and banned if I took an extended break. That way I can get it back and back to where it was before I want to play again.

Which if you and your wife had taken an extended break from the game, it could be that both of your accounts got hacked and banned for botting. In which case, as soon as you prove you own the accounts, you’ll get your access back and then you can ask for a roll back to get the account restored.

And you may want to get your wife to submit a ticket with regards to her account. Only the account holder can square away issues with their own account. Your ticket for your account can’t cover her account even though you’re married. You could update your ticket by saying that the same issue is likely affect her account and her ticket # is ######. And she can also reference your ticket as well.

Noodlesoup.8170

03/05/2016 Pending DRI*ARENANET, LLC. $108.24
03/05/2016 Pending DRI*ARENANET, LLC. $108.24

these are how the charges appeared. they’re not declined.

the accounts weren’t in a blocked state when i did the upgrade. we did password resets on both (because we haven’t logged in for forever) and both accounts worked great before i upgraded (i’ve been burned before by locked accounts, so i checked before i upgraded).

Noodlesoup.8170

i went ahead and opened two tickets separately.

Noodlesoup.8170

i appreciate the feedback from everyone. i’m just very frustrated. every time we (my wife and I) have an account related issue it seems to take forever to resolve.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Hang in there, I’m sure everything will be alright.
You still have rights, and as a customer, you deserve what you paid for. Just hang in there. It’s not as bad as me who is still waiting for a bitspower waterblock from Taiwan, and it’s on preorder, and I gotta wait an unknown amount of time before they get around to manufacturing and shipping. I probably paid as much as you did for the ultimate editions combined. I gotta wait a few more weeks, whereas all you need to do is wait 3 days total.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If you value your account whatever you do, don’t do a chargeback. Once you do that your account is gone forever. Give support time to help you out.