rezing down players may get you hacked.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JuanSe.2371

JuanSe.2371

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forums and i wasn’t sure if this was the correct place to post this so im sorry if its not. Anyways im concerned because the other day i was resurrecting someone and another player told me not to do it because “i would get my bank account hacked.” Is there truth to this? Could someone actually do this? I would like to think not but i have been wrong before.

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Unless you have a habit of handing out your bank account credentials along with CPR you should be fine rezzing anyone you see lying dead.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No, it’s not possible for someone to hack you because you rezzed them. That person who told you that was either misinformed or trolling you.

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

If it’s PvE, they can easily Waypoint, especially if they been dead for 5 or more minutes.

They’re probably AFK.

Or XP farming…it’s a rather stupid way, but the monster hits the character, then if the monster is later killed by someone else, supposedly the AFK guy also gains XP from the “combat” from being attacked by the monster/NPC. It’s a cheap method to level up.

If it’s a “asdf” “ffffllil” or any garbage name with letters randomly all over…I would leave those dead, mostly because I believe those to be botters. I won’t res those.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This thread… I don’t even…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

As others have already stated, rezzing other players will not get your bank account hacked.