tgupdate 1.11 each time I launch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: viniosity.2809

viniosity.2809

Q:

I downloaded the Mac Client and each time I launch it downloads and applies tgupdate 1.11. I’ve reproduced this on 2 new macs running Mavericks. Is there a solution?

Posted by: Wayne Catterton.7846

Wayne Catterton.7846

This is happening on mine as well. I decided to uninstall and reinstall in hopes that I’d be able to buy gems, and now it’s downloading the tgupdate each time.

Posted by: PeerkeG.2653

PeerkeG.2653

Asked the question too, because I had the same problem. Turns out that the game doesn’ support Mavericks yet…

Posted by: viniosity.2809

viniosity.2809

I have this installed on an older Macbook Air that was running 10.8 and was upgraded to Mavericks. It’s fine there so this has got to be something else.

Posted by: fizzle.6784

fizzle.6784

I’m running Mavericks. I’ve had the problem you are describing and fixed it by using the files from this thread

Posted by: Wayne Catterton.7846

Wayne Catterton.7846

How do you paste the file into the .dat file?

Posted by: BEINGHUMAN.4167

BEINGHUMAN.4167

Indeed. tgUpdate version 1.11 initializes each time the GW2 Client launches. It does not fix the Gem Purchase issue, and for me, broke my camera rotation speed. Holding left mouse button/right mouse button then moving the mouse makes the in game camera rotate unbearably fast.

Thanks company that’s in charge of GW2 Mac Client (Not ANet, I’m assuming)

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I am having these problems too. This is the first time I have experienced it – the tgUpdate and the mouse issues. Grrr.

Am trying the .dat replacement.

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

This happened with both my wife’s and my accounts on 2 different Macs. Both had mouse issues and the tgupdate pops up every time I open the gw2 app. There was another update, fixed the mouse issue, but didn’t fix the tgupdate issue. The in-game Gem purchase is still bugged as well.

Tried many of the recommended fixes, none have worked so far.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

Posted by: bjammin.7135

bjammin.7135

I’m having all the same issues. Please resolve ASAP.

“Indeed. tgUpdate version 1.11 initializes each time the GW2 Client launches. It does not fix the Gem Purchase issue, and for me, broke my camera rotation speed. Holding left mouse button/right mouse button then moving the mouse makes the in game camera rotate unbearably fast.”

Posted by: Jadjuka.6521

Jadjuka.6521

Not only is my camera turn acting funny but I keep getting disconnected with random errors and after this new patch my frame rate suddenly dropped like a rock even when I turned everything down to medium. Used to be on high and never had any problems even in LA. Is it really because of Mavericks? I’ve had it for a while now and never had any problems till after this patch.

Posted by: BEINGHUMAN.4167

BEINGHUMAN.4167

Welp, there was a temp work around for the camera rotation issue posted on another page.
While in game, hit Command+Tab key, to get back to your desktop. Then just click back on the GW2 icon on your launcher. It works for that session only. So you’ll have to do this again if you quit the game.
As it’s 10:15PM on the west coast, I suspect no more tech support (aka a fix) tonight.

Thanks ANet.

I predict a “Sorry to hear about this guys. We are aware of the issues and are working on a fix. Thanks again for your constant support and understanding!” tomorrow.

Posted by: Tigralily.7289

Tigralily.7289

I am having the same issue. Not been able to buy gems since Tuesday and now I have this special little loading bar before I get the start menu. My mouse is doing the super turn thing but is also only allowing me to look either straight up or straight down.

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

I’ve got the same problem. lets hope they can fix this within the week and not ignore it with the quote “We don’t support mavericks.”

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

I’ve got the same problem. lets hope they can fix this within the week and not ignore it with the quote “We don’t support mavericks.”

Everything was working perfectly (i.e. with usual bugs) with Mavericks until last Tuesday update. This last update kittened the gem, the camera and the tgUpdate..

Posted by: fizzle.6784

fizzle.6784

Same. Everything was working fine on Mavericks for a few weeks and now the tgupdate and camera problems are back.

I think posting in this thread jinxed me.

Posted by: jonito.4279

jonito.4279

Last week’s update gave me the super fast camera problems, while trying to fix those using Anet’s own suggested fixes i now get the tgupdate 1.11 download every time, which i’ve never had before. Oh and of course my camera still does the electric disco!

Posted by: hienvan.7824

hienvan.7824

I got this issue too. Hmm, there is still no any response from Anet how to fix this problem clearly.

Posted by: thendless.2485

thendless.2485

I’m also troubled with this annoyance since the last update. Mavericks user here.

Posted by: TheBlackerSheep.6358

TheBlackerSheep.6358

The tg update went away for me and has now reappeared since the last patch release.

The camera issue can be “fixed” by windowing the GW2 client, clicking in another app, scrolling a bit and then going back into GW2. It’s not great, but at least you can play.

And it’s not true that they don’t support Mavericks. I had severe issues with my new MacBook and got great support. Fortunately, it was resolved when my MacBook was replaced by Apple due to another issue, but they were able to get me up and running with the faulty one.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

having same issue since last GW2 update, been running GW2 on Mav since Mav was released.