this game shuts off my pc while playing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

it shuts off my pc i tried putting it on low and it shuts off after 30 or 15 mins of play also my pc surpasses your recromended specs for ultra or high, i don’t know the cause but diablo 3 made my pc shut off evry two hours i fixed it by limiting fps, i tried for gw2 and it did not work so i got a game that is fun but won’t let me play it fml

PS i cleaned out my pc and i can’t do an dix report because it shuts off my pc(turns off desktop. sorry for bad English i am in an hurry

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

Hmm sounds like to me that your motherboard is fried.

Posted by: Xceptional.7985

Xceptional.7985

Sounds like overheating.

Permabanned. please take a look at 120905-008337

Posted by: Anfalas.7325

Anfalas.7325

It sounds like your video card is overheating. Verify the fans are working and if you can up the fan speed or replace the video card.

Posted by: xyzzy.8970

xyzzy.8970

Limiting FPS reduces workload, if this fixes it, likely cause is overheating. Get SpeedFan and observe temperatures, you could also run a memory test. Visually and aurally observe that all fans are working.

Jay wilson.1702

they need an option to limit it to 30 fps and i am sending my video card bill to blizzard inc

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

Another posibility is that the power supply can’t provide enough power when the graphics card needs it and the computer is shutting down.

Jay wilson.1702

maybe that too mathisk why do they have this sections if no officaly a net people will help me is it becuase i never brought anything off their rmah?

Posted by: Hexcaliber.5714

Hexcaliber.5714

maybe that too mathisk why do they have this sections if no officaly a net people will help me is it becuase i never brought anything off their rmah?

Its the weekend, and just like the rest of the human race, anet employees like a day off.
Now, you should have taken some time to search the forum, there is a dedicated thread that anet devs are monitoring about system shutdowns, there is a problem with 32 bit OS + Nvidea cards.

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

If you are 100% sure that your non of your hardware is overheating Id suggest that your PSU might not be supplying enough power to your rig… Have you changed any hw recently GPU cpu or Added additional hdd/ssd or ram? If you did they may be causing the failure since your psu is not able to keep up the whole rig running cuz it was already at its limit before the upgrade.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Posted by: Beyondthepercent.7965

Beyondthepercent.7965

I wouldn’t guess its the mother board. What people here have stated;

Overheating, power supply isn’t good enough to run the hardware. Those two would be very likely. I ran into the issue on an older computer when I upgraded the graphics card without upgrading the power unity. Have you made changes to your hardware lately?

Jay wilson.1702

i have an amd video card am i screwed over

Jay wilson.1702

i never upgraded anything i got an custom vulit pc and never upgraded it i can play skyrim at max fps and for an long time but this game for 15 mins? and i can not get an refund ether sigh i can’t enjoy games anymore

Posted by: djaswal.4206

djaswal.4206

Clean your heatsink/fans, apply thermal paste to your processor. If that doesnt solve it, get a new psu.

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

i never upgraded anything i got an custom vulit pc and never upgraded it i can play skyrim at max fps and for an long time but this game for 15 mins? and i can not get an refund ether sigh i can’t enjoy games anymore

Dont freak out first just give us the specs of your rig. More detail more ideas… The game stresses cpu very much your cpu or even gpu may be overheating Ive seen on other forums people have been facing with overheating cpu/gpu just when they are playing gw2.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Posted by: Mega.5609

Mega.5609

Im having the same issue, except i get only 2-5 mins of playtime. it started yesterday 9.9.2012, ive had no changes to my system at all. I get a loud buzzing noise upon crash as well. I updated all drivers, physically cleaned all the kitty fur and dust from the internals and observed all the fans and temps are proper. Crash log attached

Attachments:

Jay wilson.1702

how do i give you guys my specs

Posted by: Mega.5609

Mega.5609

you can hit start -> run -> type dxdiag and hit “save all information” to a .txt file that can be attached here or alternatively you can follow anet’s protocol outlined here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957
Personally, i cant even login their support section to submit a ticket.

If you meant the Anet crash log rather than your specs it can be found at Documents -> Guild Wars 2 -> ArenaNet.txt

(edited by Mega.5609)

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

If it’s PSU usually it reboot computer, bad 3D performance and bsods.
If it’s Graphic Card your GPU usually stops working, corrupted textures, bsods, etc.
If it’s RAM you get bsods and crashing software.
If it’s motherboard you get bsods and it can shut off your computer most likely without error messages.

Jay wilson.1702

sigh and no anet support i can’t give an dx tag becuase it makes my comp shut off so it erases everything