total computer crash?

total computer crash?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Raggamuffin.3569

Raggamuffin.3569

Q:

No lag, no skipping, NO PROBLEMS for about 5-10 minutes then some sort of fatal error. I get no error message comp just completely dies, shuts down, power just straight drops like I had been holding the power button for 5 seconds to hard restart.

(edited by Moderator)

total computer crash?

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

Before the massive server crash, i logged in and could launch the game fine, but after the server crash, i can only log into the client, but when i click play, it crashes on me. Can’t get past that. I’m running Windows 8, if that has anything to do with it (which it shouldn’t, but still. )

Any ideas? Hope i don’t have to re-install the whole thing… -.-

• Crash <—*
    Exception: c0000005
    Memory at address 0000084c could not be read

(edited by Aeson Thackery.5927)

total computer crash?

Posted by: Dracil.8365

Dracil.8365

This is completely 100% reproducible right now. Game started being very crashy starting sometime last night. Everytime I repair it, it seems to redl a few files over and over again.

Chkdsk says no problems with my HD.

Now though, after GW2 went completely down for a bit, while in Genderran Fields, every time I press H the game crashes immediately. If I don’t press H, I can still do other stuff. Other panels also seem to work, like I.

The error appears to be: —> Crash <—
Assertion: A file was corrupted in the archive. Please run once with ‘-repair’!
File: ..\..\..\Game\Main\MainCli.cpp(584)

I also checked that this happens with other characters, and that I can open other panels just fine.

(edited by Dracil.8365)

total computer crash?

Posted by: Dracil.8365

Dracil.8365

How is this a duplicate? My computer is not shutting down. The game is crashing with a 100% reproducible step when I go into the Hero Panel. It’s not even the same crash error as the other posters.

total computer crash?

Posted by: Raggamuffin.3569

Raggamuffin.3569

It’s not a dup Dracil, mine is not a GAME crash.. it crashes my entire COMPUTER.

total computer crash?

Posted by: Colin.2573

Colin.2573

This has happened to my computer as well. Sometimes 5 minutes into playing. Just randomly crashes my computer for no reason. Never has happened with any other game.