unable to play the game

unable to play the game

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Q:

Hello,
I’ve already opened a ticket for this issue but I hope to speed up process asking here for help, so thank you in advice.

Just yesterday I bought a new notebook, asus n551jw cn067h, and it seems that I can launch game on this new pc while on the old one, a toshiba satellite l50-a-161, it runs fine. All what I did was to copy-paste the entire gw2 folder from my previous notebook to the new one.

The problem is than I’m able to start launcher, log-in but when I press on the “play” button all what happens is a flashy black screen, for half a second, then nothing; the entire process ends, no error report, nothing at all.

What I already tried:
- run “-repair”
- change screen resolution (1920×1020 native) to the on on the previous notebook (1366×768)
- run with “-windowed” command
- run as administator
- run with a specific gpu (the nvidia 960m)
- updating all drivers
- disabling antivirus firewall (mcafee)
- going into “msconfig” then closing all processes except windows ones then restarting pc and running the game didn’t fix it too

my notebook specs:
gpu: nvidia 960m 2gb ddr5
cpu: i7-4720hq 3.6ghz
ram: 8gb ddr3

so please, what else can I do? Thank you for your time.

unable to play the game

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

A Dev will answer you….in your ticket. You might try re-installing Dx9. Sometimes, installations of Dx11 or others leave out some files that Dx9 needs.

Good luck.

unable to play the game

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I think the first thing you should do is install GW2 in the proper way. To avoid needing to download everything again I advice you to do the following.

1: download the client (click my account on this website and then “download the client”
2: start installing it. Choose your instalation directory and start it. When you get to the screen where you can login and where the download start, stop the process. (close the client)
3: now copy the file gw2.dat from the old pc (or storage device) to the new instalation directory. It will ask you if you want to overwrite it (do that).
4: restart the client. It is now going to check the gw2.dat file and checks if it is up to date. If thats all the case you can then start playing as usual.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

unable to play the game

Kjeldoran.3849

@mercury
thank you for the reply, I forgot to add that to the list of things I already tried unfortunately it was one of my first toughts… so I did exactly what you wrote. I also deleted the .dat file in :C/user name/documents/…/roaming/gw2

nothing works yet

unable to play the game

Kjeldoran.3849

Update: I don’t know what happened but now I’m getting an error message saying that I don’t have dx9 (which isn’t true) or my gpu drivers aren’t up to date (which isn’t true at all too), then after 10-20 sec I get a BSOD with error message “DIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE” … don’t know what to do… could a dev or someone with knowledge of the problem help please?

unable to play the game

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Uninstall video drivers, reboot PC, reinstall drivers. Maybe use alse something like
driver cleaner.
If that all doesn’t help its maybe time to fix your windows via a fresh install.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

unable to play the game

Kjeldoran.3849

A Dev will answer you….in your ticket. You might try re-installing Dx9. Sometimes, installations of Dx11 or others leave out some files that Dx9 needs.

Good luck.

Sir, you are my hero! It seems that dx 10 and 11 were installed correctly but I-DONT-KNOW-WHY dx 9 wasn’t… all what I did was:
1) remove the damaged audio driver which caused the BSOD
2) reinstall all the dx pack again
3) play the game

thanks

unable to play the game

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are most welcome! =)