what did a.net do?

what did a.net do?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kyzonu.7504

Kyzonu.7504

never had connection issues in GW2… since the last quarterly patch i’ve been disconnecting at least twice a day.
every, single, day.

at the very moment when the update went live, my launcher completely crashed and i couldn’t even start the game. would get an error message saying the file didn’t exist.

managed to work around that, with help from the forums, but still get horrible connection problems.
disconnected for no reason, at random times, and takes me over 5 minutes to log back in.
i immediately check my internet connection every time, and it is still working perfectly… i have no reason to believe the problem is on my end.

what did a.net do?

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

never had connection issues in GW2… since the last quarterly patch i’ve been disconnecting at least twice a day.
every, single, day.

at the very moment when the update went live, my launcher completely crashed and i couldn’t even start the game. would get an error message saying the file didn’t exist.

managed to work around that, with help from the forums, but still get horrible connection problems.
disconnected for no reason, at random times, and takes me over 5 minutes to log back in.
i immediately check my internet connection every time, and it is still working perfectly… i have no reason to believe the problem is on my end.

Maybe more players are coming back and there’s a higher load than usual?

what did a.net do?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Think of the internet like a local transit bus.

A bus has stops.

Your connection to the Anet servers is from your home stop, to their server, you departure stop. Both of those could have no issues at all.

But a stop in the middle could be having construction, or an accident causing issues with the whole bus trip.

That’s how the internet is. Your connection at your house and to “anything you test” could be working. But when you pass through a node to Anet’s servers that is having issues, it will cause the game to have issues.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

what did a.net do?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Yes long story short it is very very likely your internet. If you download ping plotter and post the results, or read their info PvE on how to read it. You can find out which mode is having problems. You can contact your ISP to pressure the node owners to fix it though you will have varying success with that.

Here is the long story:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/How-to-Lag-Latency-FPS/first#post6089000