will these graphic cards run Gw2 smoothly?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: bangelo.9203

bangelo.9203

AMD HD6770

or

GTX 460

will both of these work and which one of these would be the best one?

thanks

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Define your definition of ‘smoothly’. What resolution do you play at? What FPS are you expecting to get? At what level of settings do you wish to play (low/med/high/mix of some)?

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The 460 is def better,no doubt about that.But will it be playing the game smoothly ? no idea what your definition of smoothly is.That is also defined by the rest of your systems hardware,like your cpu etc.But the 460 is good enough to be playing the game at High ( atleast in pve ) with a pretty consistent fps.

bangelo.9203

The 460 is def better,no doubt about that.But will it be playing the game smoothly ? no idea what your definition of smoothly is.That is also defined by the rest of your systems hardware,like your cpu etc.But the 460 is good enough to be playing the game at High ( atleast in pve ) with a pretty consistent fps.

will it run smooth as in not choppy or laggy?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No idea but, people have a different definition of what runs smooth for them.Some people call 30 fps smooth,i call it choppy..60 fps is smooth imo.But your other hardware is important too,especially your CPU.You can have the best gpu but if your cpu is lacking,you will still be playing choppy.So rather post All your specs,and maybe someone can jump in who actually owns a 460.But all in all a 460 should be more then enough to run Gw2 at high, (Pve speaking).

bangelo.9203

No idea but, people have a different definition of what runs smooth for them.Some people call 30 fps smooth,i call it choppy..60 fps is smooth imo.But your other hardware is important too,especially your CPU.You can have the best gpu but if your cpu is lacking,you will still be playing choppy.So rather post All your specs,and maybe someone can jump in who actually owns a 460.But all in all a 460 should be more then enough to run Gw2 at high, (Pve speaking).

i dont know too much about computers but the computer im buying from my friend has

1.5 TB Western Digital Black hard drive and a Corsair Force 128GB SSD
GTX 460 card
The ASRock motherboard
and thats all i know

Posted by: Kastylx.2579

Kastylx.2579

i have a hd 5770 which is the same as the 6770 paired with a x4 965 stock speed. i can run the game on high-ultra at 1600×1200 with a stable 50+ fps in pve. Zerg and world boss is a different story… there i get like 12 fps.

sry for my bad english.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

gtx is better, easy to overclock if necessary – has less complaints than amd – apparently smooth matters more with cpu …i was able to run nice graphics at one point with gw2 without a hitch on my 460 – I was able to do high settings as well with very little performance loss.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

@banglo – You didn’t answer Ilisthis’s question. At what resolution (it’s important as higher resolutions will lower frame rate), what FPS you are looking for (30, 60) and at what game graphic setting (best performance, auto-detect, best appearance).

On top of that you’ve told us everything but the CPU as it makes a difference as well.

Also the answer changes if you are talking about standing along on a mountain top or plain than next to the Mystic Fountain in LA when MF is a daily.

It all matters because at 1280×720 at best performance it’s an easy answer. But if you are expecting 60fps at best appearance at 1920×1080 then the answer is no.

It’s a matter of matching your expectations but if you don’t give us all the qualifiers we won’t be able to give you an educated guess.

Lastly let me trot out the Tom’s Hardware GW2 hardware article. It’s old but should still be relevant.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/guild-wars-2-performance-benchmark,3268.html

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes