windows 7 vs windows 8 for gw2 ?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hi all. I am due for a reformat on my system and the last time i installed windows was by nicking my brothers disk. i have no OS at hand as yet so i will have to buy 1 my self. is there any difference’s between windows 7 and 8?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Minimal difference as far as gaming goes. Go with win7 if you hate that aberrant “metro” BS.

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

Windows 8(.1) has on-paper better performance than 7, but the actual difference can be less-visible depending on what all you do. I heard a lot of cases where BF4 for instance has significantly better performance on 8 than 7.

But in any case, you shouldn’t have a negative experience on 8 performance-wise. (as long as you have proper drivers and firmware). So basically, you shouldn’t lose anything going to 8, and may even gain performance.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Minimal difference as far as gaming goes. Go with win7 if you hate that aberrant “metro” BS.

Metro is fine (honestly, I find it better then the start menu), and if you really can’t deal with it you can always make it go away. There’s really no reason not to get Win8 instead of Win7 at this point in time.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Metro is fine (honestly, I find it better then the start menu), and if you really can’t deal with it you can always make it go away. There’s really no reason not to get Win8 instead of Win7 at this point in time.

Most computers ship win8 now anyways. I rarely upgrade OS until the the second service pack, or “next gen” OS, arrives. By that point, all the crap is worked out and using the OS is actually enjoyable. I just hope the next OS MS puts out isnt Vista v2.