Any way to stop ALT/TAB causing keyboard to stop working

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaz.8194

Gaz.8194

Q:

I did a few searches and a couple of people have had this issue but not found a post with any way to fix it.

There was 1 suggestion to bring up the escape menu but unfortunately after trying this it still “breaks” my keyboard until I relog.

I have a Logitech G510, on a regular basis when i alt tab to view forums or do something else and switch back to Guild Wars 2 my key board no longer works properly. Most of the keys are disabled only the windows short cuts work. However when i click the chat screen i can type and the letters are working again but enter doesn’t work. I have to close the game and reload it to get the keyboard working again.

This doesn’t happen everytime but id say its about a 30% drop rate :-)

Anyone else had and solved this issue? Its annoying being scared of alt tabing lol

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Try running the game in Windowed Fullscreen mode. That works better when alt-tabbing a lot.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Gaz.8194

Try running the game in Windowed Fullscreen mode. That works better when alt-tabbing a lot.

Nope just tried and even in windowed full screen ALT Tab still stops my keyboard functioning, Never seen anything like it in any game or program i’ve used.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

updated your setpoint software? I alt-tab a lot with windowed fullscreen mode. I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Gaz.8194

updated your setpoint software? I alt-tab a lot with windowed fullscreen mode. I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse.

It did need updating but still no luck with ALT/Tabbing, however i just noticed the issue doesn’t affect me when using the windows key/task bar to switch between web/game.

Hmm alt tab will be a hard habit to break……