Armour stuck on Subsample rendering.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

So a couple days ago I noticed that all my armour textures are stuck on subsample rendering, even on the character select screen where it has normally always been full resolution, no matter settings. The first screenshot shows the settings I use and the char select screen, with horrible, horrible armour. Raising everything to max helps the environment, but not my armour.

The second shows the crown pavillion, clearly -not- subsample rendering, again, just my armour. I logged into GW1 by chance and noticed the exact same thing in that game. I’m hoping it’s just some corrupt file somewhere I can delete to get back my textures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated <3

My graphics drivers are up-to-date and I’m running an ATI Radeon HD 5650 1 GB.

Attachments:

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Zaith.9132

More details:

I deleted the Local.dat file to no avail. Here is a picture of my necro from the char select screen. As you can see, the face and hair use full resolution with shaders etc, while the armour is stuck at the lowest of low.

The main thing here is that different objects are rendering at completely different detail levels.

Attachments:

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bad-armor-detail-on-max-settings-with-any-set/first#post2622973

Someone over in the Bug Forum is having this same issue with their HD 5770 and they mentioned this popping up suddenly within the last two weeks. I am running an HD 5750 and do not have the issue, though in the above linked thread I mentioned that I use the old 12.10 drivers and CCC, instead of the 13.4 drivers and CCC for better performance and quality reasons. I also noted that about two weeks ago AMD released the 13.8 Beta driver set, and that this Beta Driver and CCC might have been installed automatically or by someone else and would account for the issue cropping up suddenly.

I ask you to run through that thread and see if anything mentioned helps you. I’ll keep looking to see if this is a known issue with the 13.8 beta package and for something that can correct it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Try a -Repair on your client.

Zaith.9132

Thanks StinVec! I looked over the thread, and after performing a system restore to the date the new CCC & drivers came out (Aug. 1st), the game is rendering armour correctly. Now I just have to be a little vigilant about not installing the new CCC package. Let me know if I can help with your investigation, and thanks again bud!