Big problem with keyboard. Plz HELP!!!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: xyDemonHunter.1457

xyDemonHunter.1457

Q:

So up until last night (04/17/2013) I haven’t had any hardware related issues with this game. I just built my dream Gaming PC and I dropped a lot of money on it so I feel as though I shouldn’t be having any issues at all. But, last night I was running around, doing my thing when I decided to switch pets (F4 key), and all the sudden I was back at my home screen. It didn’t just minimize my game (Alt + Tab), it logged me out and I had to start all over from login page. So I thought to myself “maybe it was a random occurrence.” Then, after about 5 mins I go to switch pets again and all the sudden I’m logged out and its happened all over again. Also this time I click “Start,” then try to type in the “search” box for updates, and the keyboard doesn’t work there either until I hit windows key on keyboard then it works fine. This continued until I finally gave up on how to fix it. It happens only in GW2 and I don’t know what to do. Please, someone help!!!! This game is the entire reason I built this PC and its my favorite game. I reinstalled my ASUS P8z77-vlk drivers and I have a regular Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech G700 gaming mouse.

Posted by: Yadda.2764

Yadda.2764

This is happening with me as well, it’s like the keys are digitally stuck until you press them again. It only happens in Guild Wars so I’m hesitant to to say it’s a hardware problem. The only way I have figured our how to resolve it is just press the button again until it unsticks itself. I’m using a Logitech G510 and my drivers are up to date.

I have zero issues with my keyboard in other games.

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Sounds like your ALT key is getting stuck somehow. alt+f4 will shut applications down.

I would just rebind the F1-F4 keys to something that is easier to work with; not because of the issue, just because F1-F4 keys take your fingers away from WASD for to long.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Any chance that you accidentally turned on “sticky. keys”?

Press the Shift key 5 times, then click ‘Cancel’.

(yes, I had to spell it that way – kitten filter)

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: Yadda.2764

Yadda.2764

Any chance that you accidentally turned on “sticky. keys”?

Press the Shift key 5 times, then click ‘Cancel’.

(yes, I had to spell it that way – kitten filter)

Stickittenys wasn’t on but toggle keys was, good call. Hopefully this solves both mine and the OP’s issue.