System:
I7 2700k
4gb DDR3
Z77A-GD65
660TI
Win7 Pro 32 Bit
SSD

Issues:
- 40% chance to crash on map change. When i relog i am in the new map.
- Random in-game crashes

I don’t think i can go more than an hour or so without a crash, thus making any WvW play impossibile.

Grandmaster Cartographer. Scraping walls like no other.

CTD with send/don't sent to Anet.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Syrellaris.9125

Syrellaris.9125

Simple solution.

install windows 7 pro 64 bit(your serial key should be compatible). You are currently using only 3gb of your current 4 GB memory.

Also it would not hurt to upgrade your Memory to 8gb instead of 4.

Posted by: Cosmo.8176

Cosmo.8176

Simple solution.

install windows 7 pro 64 bit(your serial key should be compatible). You are currently using only 3gb of your current 4 GB memory.

3.5gb actually, and actually-actually, only 2GB unless i LMA it and i guess that’ll fall under the interdiction of the eula with using third party software.

The game /should/ run on 32 bit systems right? I saw no mention of 64bit only anywhere in the requirements.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Simple solution.

3.5gb actually, and actually-actually, only 2GB unless i LMA it and i guess that’ll fall under the interdiction of the eula with using third party software.

The game /should/ run on 32 bit systems right? I saw no mention of 64bit only anywhere in the requirements.

Buddy,its commen knowledge to have 64bit installed when having 4gb+.Everyone should drop 32bit imo.

Posted by: Cosmo.8176

Cosmo.8176

Let’s not debate this. The game is crashing when it shouldn’t.

Posted by: majestic.8129

majestic.8129

Simple solution.

I’m not sure you fully understand how the memory addressing works. If the OP is correct you do not have full use of even the 2GB system RAM in games with a 2GB card and that is not even considering that this is a dx9 game and as such you can factor in duplication. It’s bound to cause issues although I agree it shouldn’t happen.

As ArenaNet has already stated, this is a known issue so either you suck it up and run on low settings until a fix is implemented or perhaps, you could actually use all the hardware you purchased efficiently by installing 64-bit for free.

edit: misread post

(edited by majestic.8129)

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

As ArenaNet has already stated, this is a known issue so either you suck it up and run on low settings until a fix is implemented or perhaps, you could actually use all the hardware you purchased efficiently by installing 64-bit for free.

Sorry to say, but this IS the answer you are looking for, OP.

Posted by: VirtualBS.3165

VirtualBS.3165

Let’s set this straight...

_____________________32-bit Windows OS ___ 64-bit Windows OS
Standard 32-bit program________2GB_______________2GB
LAA 32-bit program____________2GB_______________4GB
64-bit program_____________Will not run!________Physical RAM Limit
Total memory for
all running programs___________3.5GB____________Physical RAM Limit

GW2.exe is already LAA (Large Address Aware), no need to modify it with any tool.