Cannot load into Gendarren Fields

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: agamedivine.6789

agamedivine.6789

As the topic title says, I cannot load any character into Gendarren Fields. I crash upon entering the zone. Other characters stationed elsewhere can go everywhere but there.

I have also tried a -repair and gotten an error.

Attached below are the error logs.

Also: my Guardian shows as having 0% map completion – when in actuality she has 100%.

Should I do a re-install of the game? Or is this a server-side issue?

Heidvalkyr
[SoX] Standard of Heroes
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi there!

I would like you to try a command line argument we have seen resolve this type of issue.

Please go to your shortcut for Guild Wars 2 and right click it and choose properties.

In the line that says Target, add a space at the end of whats there and then -prefreset

It should look something like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -prefreset

Click apply and then ok.

Once the above is done, try launching the game and logging into the character you are having issues with. If this resolves the issue, go back into your shortcut again and remove the -prefreset line.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hi there!

I would like you to try a command line argument we have seen resolve this type of issue.

Please go to your shortcut for Guild Wars 2 and right click it and choose properties.

In the line that says Target, add a space at the end of whats there and then -prefreset

It should look something like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -prefreset

Click apply and then ok.

Once the above is done, try launching the game and logging into the character you are having issues with. If this resolves the issue, go back into your shortcut again and remove the -prefreset line.

Hope this helps!

Hi, Ashley.
Is this -prefreset command line argument an alternative to completely deleting the local.dat file that has helped fix stuck characters in the past?

Also, does -prefreset delete stored login information like deleting local.dat does?
I’m curious as to what preferences it actually resets. Does it reset bound controls, video and audio settings? As deleting the local.dat resets stored preferences, does this command line argument achieve the same results without directing users to find and delete this file that contains other information that wouldn’t be desired to be deleted?

Sorry for asking you in this thread, I’ve just not seen this argument suggested for use before and I cannot find any good information on its usage and effects. I would really appreciate it if you could offer a little bit of details on what this command’s usage entails.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

I tried the prefreset, from what I can remember it reset the log in information (if you have it set to remember), and in game preferences (sound, video, etc).

Though I had the same issue, and tried everything under the sun…in the end I had to wait for CS to fix it. I would start a ticket, and try the suggestions as they have worked for others.