Changing the PC Specs posted on the website

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I bought a new pc to play this game, I took the specs posted on the official forum and bought a higher spec pc because the specs will be changing in the future and new games will come out.

But for me to run the game as intended i must set all settings to low to compensate for all the rendering and other issues [in Pvp ]
And medium [in Pve] just to be able to run the game smoothly i need to enjoy playing.

In other words i should have spend another few 100$ to make sure i can play the game as it is intended to be played.

So please Change the specs assigned on the official website not to lure players into a game they can’t play as advertised in all those good looking video’s up there.

Man i would love to see water ripple, leaves falling, glowy stuff glowing etc.. while i can see what color the magic i cast has. and seeing the foe i cast it on. ow and shadows.. and reflections etc.. but since i followed the specs given on the official website .. So I can’t..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Those official specs are “minimum” specs to run the game. So low settings is expected.
(Q2 of this thread for detail)

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

bought a higher spec pc

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: zerk.9701

zerk.9701

What is a higher spec PC a little ar alot you posted no specks.

kirito.4138

bought a higher spec pc

Yea, but he never listed his system pc. Could actually be worse or marginally better than min spec req. (e.g having higher #‘s on hardware names doesn’t mean its better)

However, there are official recommend specs.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

bought a higher spec pc

However, there are official recommend specs.

The biggest problem I see with the official minimum specs is that even with absolute minimum graphics settings they practically guarantee repeated crashes to desktop since 2 gig of RAM simply won’t cut it for GW2. It’s laughable, and the fact that Anet hasn’t changed the officially recommended minimums is deceptive and unconscionable. I’m running 4 gig of RAM under Win7-32 and regularly (at least once per hour) get out-of-memory crashes … just as Anet has already acknowledged in other threads. It’s one thing to have to live with low graphics settings and low fps, but Anet is the only entity I’ve ever seen that considers repeated crashes to represent “minimum acceptable performance.”

I’ll be upgrading my computer soon anyway, but why Anet hasn’t corrected those posted minimum specs is totally beyond me. And although you say that Anet has posted recommended system specs for better performance I’ve never been able to find them. I can find recommended specs from other sites, but nothing official from Anet. Could you please post a link to whatever you were referring to?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

kirito.4138

2GB of ram as in “free” available ram.

Having 4GB in 32bit due to its limitations will only give you about 3GB. Windows will eat about 1-1.5GB away so you are now barely at 2GB free. But, ontop of that any 3rd party software installed will chip away with background process so it will be below 2GB.

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

The minimum and recommended specs posted by Anet are laughable at best.

it should be ‘minimum to play theg ame at respectable fps on low settings’ and ‘recommened specs to to play the game with repsectable fps at medium settings’.

unfortunatly atm all minimum means is ‘the game loads and runs ..ignoring fps’
And recommended is ‘theg ame will play at low wth good fps’

unoffical recommended specs to play the game in all its glory including wvw is:

CPU: Intel i5 2nd or 3rd Gen K series (OC as close as posisble to 4.5ghz)
GPU: Nvidia 460,560ti,650ti,660 or above/ AMD equivalents
RAM: 4gb Minimum 8gb Recommended

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |