Delay and general lag over the past 3-4 days.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Constant.7498

Constant.7498

Hi
I have been experiencing the most weird delay and just lag in general over the past 3-4 days, and I have been playing since launch.

At first I thought it must be on my end but I am now 98% sure it’s not, to describe the lag its self, it’s a delay between pressing my key (sword 2 on ranger for example) then there is a 1s.-1.5s delay in between the pressing of the key and the game responding.

So it started around Thursday 10/04/2014, and I assumed it was just my end, but it has been about 4 days now, where even when I have this small delay (1s-1.5s) the game is pretty unplayable, at times it is allot worse but seems to be for short periods. And I can’t give an exact time because it has been happening throughout the day.

I have put it down to that it must be on your end, I assume that your preparing the servers for the Feature patch. And I have seen allot of people saying they have a very similar issue.

Is it possible to get some sort of word from you guys?, to maybe confirm that you are preparing things, or that your not at all, and I should be looking at a deeper problem.

If people are experiencing similar issues to this, please write a little description in here.
Thank you

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

100% same issue. Glad i’m not alone. It started thursday for me (day before wvw reset). Sometimes the delay add up to OVER A minute, making the game totally unplayable. Sometimes i think it’s dc (player keep running the path they had, without ever going left or right from the straight line they follow until they exit the map – this is a dc symptom as well), but my game just keeps going. This is really not playable. I did everything to ensure internet on my end is fine.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I got exactly the same issue since thursday. I’m so glad I’m not the only one.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Constant.7498

Ok that is nice to know that other people are getting the same thing.

I would still like more people to say if their getting the same issues, and maybe a word from a dev.

Posted by: Tylonix.1720

Tylonix.1720

Have same problem since thursday. I live in Belgium I know there are some login problems aswell in Belgium but I can log in and the others can’t.

butch.8136

Lol I’m from BE too.

Posted by: estariol.7684

estariol.7684

same situation here in hong kong with EU servers.. skill lag is intermittently terrible

Posted by: Wolf Saurus.3602

Wolf Saurus.3602

I’ve noticed this too for me, live in America but play on EU servers. Even dc’d twice today doing nothing

Posted by: Armer.3215

Armer.3215

I’m from Belgium and I’ve read on another topic that players -from Belgium- have disonnections from the game with one specefic Internet provider here in Belgium. So far I’ve read people who are with “Telenet” have currently the most issues in game.

And I have the same issues aswell. I can’t login, and whenever I get the chance to be in game, I get kicked out 5 minutes later when I travel through different waypoints/maps.

butch.8136

I got telenet, and from belgium. I’m not getting dc’d but I still have rubberbanding issues (+ skillag, etc.)

Posted by: Iggy.8195

Iggy.8195

Same problem all the way from sunny Perth in Western Australia. Being so far away from servers I’m used to playing any US server based MMO at around 220 to 250 lag. Lowest I’ve ever got was 60 when SWTOR had Aussie servers. The sort of levels that would have US players screaming. Over the last week the lag has often been so bad as to make the game unplayable.

Posted by: Syndrilious.9632

Syndrilious.9632

We started getting the same thing when connecting to the US servers from Okinawa Japan. Been around 4-6 days since it started being so bad that WvW, and PVP are now completely unplayable, as are Fractals and Dungeons.

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

I’m from Belgium and I’ve read on another topic that players -from Belgium- have disonnections from the game with one specefic Internet provider here in Belgium. So far I’ve read people who are with “Telenet” have currently the most issues in game.

And I have the same issues aswell. I can’t login, and whenever I get the chance to be in game, I get kicked out 5 minutes later when I travel through different waypoints/maps.

It’s not just one providor also heard from ppl who have Belgacom.

Posted by: Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

can confirm that!

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Belgium too (Telenet provider). Btw anet this problem is serious. I never before encountered lag in pvp, but guess what this lag HAPPENS IN SPVP. Please look A.S.A.P. into it.

Update: only skills are impacted, movement is not, or not as much. I did jumping puzzle (obsidian sanctum), and while i move perfectly forward in the darkness part (if the delays existed there, i would have fallen, wich i didnt), but the torch skills had over 5 seconds delay at least. As far as i know movement is client controlled, and skills server controlled, wich would confirm my suspician it’s server related.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: Jeroen.9378

Jeroen.9378

Also from Belgium and have telenet as provider getting the same issues, often get 2 -5 seconds of lag where i can’t use skills and other characters keep on moving forward.

I have addded the networking part of the GW2 diagnostics as an attatchment.

Attachments:

Constant.7498

Thanks for all the information given guys, it’s a shame that we didn’t get a word from a dev, but the patch hits tomorrow I have a strong suspicion that all our problems, those guys in Belgium as well will disappear but if not than this topic definitely needs some serious attention.

Thanks again. We will find out tomorrow I guess.

butch.8136

I hope it gets fixed with the patch today or I’ll be seriously bummed. :p

Posted by: Halbarz.3854

Halbarz.3854

Issue : Same as everyone else
Provider: Telenet

My attitude: Annoyed with this
My opinion: Anet it would be good to see what you guys are doing about this.

Posted by: Saka.9768

Saka.9768

I’ve had this issue since the April 1st big head april fools joke. It’s been super bad for me. To the point that recommended is running at 6fps in game, and best performance is at 19. Prior to then I was on average 60fps on recommended. All my other games, and my cpu hasn’t changed, everything is up to date, and I have no viruses or malware. Even tested on another computer using my internet connection. Worked just fine. Sadly that computer isn’t mine so I’m stuck with this horrible fps until support gets back to me about any possible known issues there working on or I find the issue myself.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I can’t take it anymore. This has been happening since the 10 April 2014. Lagging throughout the day, but worst during 7-10pm server time. It’s definitely not on my end, I have a stable 90Mbs/s internet connection and my equipment is top shelf. GW2 is the only thing breaking on me. I can’t harvest, craft, map and play; the lag is so bad.

Loc: NA California

If this lag persists, I’ll have to seriously reconsider converting to ESO or going back to WoW, even with the new items to explore in GW2.