Dynamic ip problem

Dynamic ip problem

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Szluh.6420

Szluh.6420

I have problem with dynamic ip. Game is disconnecting me because ip is changing. What can do with this? I cant always go to my mail and accept my new ip adress. It is really anoying.

Dynamic ip problem

Szluh.6420

Please help me this problem.

Dynamic ip problem

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

Your IP shoud never change without your link going down. If it’s flopping that much, check your own equipment/cabling and then call your ISP if it’s not your own stuff.

DHCP doesn’t have a facility to change the client’s IP from on high.

Dynamic ip problem

Posted by: KerrMD.2617

KerrMD.2617

You may also want to check your router settings. You may have too short of a lease time set in the DHCP settings.

That said, I would do as Draeath states and contact your ISP. Your IP address should not have a lease so short.

I am also curious. You have to go to email to accept your new IP? That’s odd. Systems typically do that without the user even being aware of the change. That is what DHCP is for.

Dynamic ip problem

draeath.8536

Well, keep in mind: your lease expiring doesn’t yank your IP from under you, it only means you’re not guaranteed the same IP if you do another DHCP request.

Also, sounds like his email complaint is actually the arena-net verification bit. If it was his ISP/router, he wouldn’t even be able to check his email to verify it :P

Dynamic ip problem

Szluh.6420

Well i chceck my router but still my ip will be dynamic because router is reconnecting time to time and my internet provider will change it.

So can i turn off this security system form my account?

Dynamic ip problem

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

because router is reconnecting time to time and my internet provider will change it.

There is your problem and who you need to talk to to fix it.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Dynamic ip problem

draeath.8536

because router is reconnecting time to time and my internet provider will change it.

There is your problem and who you need to talk to to fix it.

You need to do this, first. If they can’t fix this in a timely manner, go here and create a ticket asking to have IP verification turned off.

Note it won’t be a priority, which is why I say talk to your ISP first. Besides, this shouldn’t be happening. Something is wrong, and the sooner you get them to fix it the better.

Dynamic ip problem

Posted by: MadJack.8193

MadJack.8193

It’s also very possible your router is getting flaky and about to die. Try connecting the modem-cable directly to your PC. If you don’t know how or are not certain about this contact your ISP. Once it’s done test the game that way.

We are the sum of our mistakes.
You sir, must be very experienced.