Even more game issues.

Even more game issues.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TylerWolff.7186

TylerWolff.7186

Ever since I started playing again I’ve had a combination of freezing, crashing and BSOD’s. I’ve searched countless fixes for it but still continue to have issues. Today its been nothing but crashes to where I have to ctrl alt delete and shut the client down. After which I have to restart since for some reason the crash leaves my computer unusable. I can play countless other games fine, except for GW2. It would be great if I could get some help to fix whatever issue this is.

Even more game issues.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

System specifications please, give us everything you can. BSOD errors and dump files, give us all the niddy griddy stuff about your computer.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Even more game issues.

TylerWolff.7186

System specifications please, give us everything you can. BSOD errors and dump files, give us all the niddy griddy stuff about your computer.

I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to system specs, so if I leave anything important out I apologize.

Specs

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955
Motherboard: Asus M5A88-V EVO
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

DMP from my last BSOD

http://www.filedropper.com/060313-25412-01

DMP I created from GW2 on my last crash

http://www.filedropper.com/crash

Even more game issues.

Posted by: Zorran.9057

Zorran.9057

Same here today has been a total failure charactors stuck in LA cant log on severe lag the game is totally unworkable.
Read the foum post from a month ago concerning wondows up dates …thats not my problem dont have those updates.
Problems have been becoming progressively worse through out the last week
During morning and early afternoon game plays fine when the kids get in from school lag and log on problems galore finally cant log on and crashes.
My machine plays other online games fine I have a fast net connection 120mbs fibre
I may be paranoid but seems since the last major build ??

Even more game issues.

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I’m not gunna lie, this is my first time examining .dmp files. It looks like a 124 BSOD which equates to the processor wanting more voltage. I encountered this error a lot during my overclocking testing, but I’m not sure how that translates over to an AMD processor, if at all. You don’t happen to have your processor overclocked or have your motherboard set to automatically overclock, do you?

Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Even more game issues.

Posted by: Zorran.9057

Zorran.9057

as an addition running gw2 -diag gets stuck on tracing network paths ?

Even more game issues.

TylerWolff.7186

I’m not gunna lie, this is my first time examining .dmp files. It looks like a 124 BSOD which equates to the processor wanting more voltage. I encountered this error a lot during my overclocking testing, but I’m not sure how that translates over to an AMD processor, if at all. You don’t happen to have your processor overclocked or have your motherboard set to automatically overclock, do you?

I shut off overclocking in the catalyst manager because I seen somewhere that it could cause issues. But the switches on my mobo are still set to overclock. So I don’t really know if anything is overclocked atm. Even if they are, I’ve played with the current settings of my computer before. I don’t know why its having issues now. How would I increase the voltage to my processor to see if that’s the issue?

Even more game issues.

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I shut off overclocking in the catalyst manager because I seen somewhere that it could cause issues. But the switches on my mobo are still set to overclock. So I don’t really know if anything is overclocked atm. Even if they are, I’ve played with the current settings of my computer before. I don’t know why its having issues now. How would I increase the voltage to my processor to see if that’s the issue?

Well, I haven’t touched AMD’s overclocking abilities yet, I’ve only done Intel so far. However, parts do degrade over time and sometimes an overclock can be stable and eventually turn unstable. I imagine that an older part like the one you have is more susceptible to change due to its age. Hopefully someone else drops in and can better explain how to set voltage levels for overclocking AMD parts.

Chloe (Version 3):