Eyefinity

Eyefinity

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Katarus.1503

Katarus.1503

Thank you very much Bill! I was having this similar issue where it was on the far left monitor and what you said to change the primary fixed it.

I’ve been very much awaiting this fix since the Flawless Widescreen tool fix to do this broke last month. Thanks a ton for FINALLY giving us what Nvidia users have had since start. It was a huge pain to have to crane my neck across 3 – 23" monitors to read chat or my minimap during a fight.

If the UI is on the wrong screen, make sure your center screen is setup as your primary display. I believe this is set in the Windows resolution settings or the Eyefinity setup wizard.

Regarding the switch to “cram” the UI on the center screen:
This is how the UI has always functioned on Nvidia Surround. We never had support for AMD graphics until now, so now they both function the same, using the same code.

If there are issues with the current functionality like the UI not scaling correctly at different sizes, we’ll look into it.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Segundus.2984

Segundus.2984

I play GW2 using three monitors at a 3840×1024 resolution (1280×1024 times 3) and now the UI is all scrunched up and overlapping on the middle monitor. Changing the interface size does nothing. The interface gets smaller or larger, but the placement/overlapping stays the same.

Previously the UI made the chatbox all the way to the left and the map all the way to the right, while the ability bars were in the middle. Each element showed up on their own monitor and it was a much better use of free UI space. The way it is now the overlapping is making it unplayable and unbearable. Why can’t you just unlock the UI components so we can place them wherever we want on the screen?

As much as I love this game, I can’t play it like this because I can’t see some vital areas of the screen or even click on them properly. I notice that in the character selection screen the characters are normal sized and fit on the screen in their entirety like they would on a single monitor.

I would much rather have it back the way it was, because at least then I could play properly. Please have your developers and testers try it on a multi-monitor setup in both 4:3 ratio and widescreen 16:9 ratio to see what I am talking about.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this as soon as possible. I can’t bare playing on a single monitor after playing this way for so long. It completely ruins the experience and game for me. I would appreciate it if other multi-monitor users would post their experience. Maybe some work around can be figured out, but I can’t find any .ini or .cfg files that would allow me to change the placement of the UI elements.

Eyefinity

Posted by: JrkSoldierX.4379

JrkSoldierX.4379

These fixes should be in the build that released today.

This is not a fix, this is a step back in the wrong direction. Eyefinity is now screwed up and is downright unplayable. Everything is cluttered on the main screen at 5760 X 1080, please revert the changes. Don’t fix what is not broken my friend.

Eyefinity

Posted by: ST Babaganosh.3745

ST Babaganosh.3745

Please tell me how this is an improvement. The release has made the game unplayable. The UI is all crammed into one screen but at a smaller resolution. First pic is before the the update second is tonight. The way points on full screen map are unclickable. Even if it was only one screen and the UI was on the edge it would still be a step in the wrong direction making the screen so cluttered you can’t see what is going on is not good. Why can we not move the UI around like we could in GW1?

Attachments:

Eyefinity

Posted by: mrgrey.5410

mrgrey.5410

First off, eyefinity is not just a multi-monitor setup, it creates a single virtual screen, such that my computer considers them to be one large monitor, in this case with a 5670×1080 resolution.
In windows for example the start bar/menu at the bottom spans all 3 screens, whereas in a plain 3 monitor setup it only resides on one, the primary.

Catalyst Control Center – AMD Eyefinity Multi-display – Set Preferred Display

Puts the Windows Menu Bar on the center display so it doesn’t span across all 3 monitors…

Re patch and ui centering working fine for me. Possibly because of above setting in catalyst? I’d prefer to move the mini-map and quest indicators off the central window to the inner edge of the outer screen if I had the choice but imho it’s far better then having them on the far edges of the outer screen. The number of times I missed the chat because it’s not in my field of view on the center screen… And thank you very much my map is now working properly! Yay!.

Eyefinity

ST Babaganosh.3745

“fixed” mine to be playable by adjusting the interface size from small to normal and that moved everything to fit the center screen correctly. World map is limited to one screen but works. Lets just keep moving backwards one day I hope to play at 640×480 with text so large it fills the entire monochrome screen

Eyefinity

Posted by: direx.8207

direx.8207

I know there’s a bunch of you up in arms about this change and that’s unfortunate, however ever since Flawless Widescreen stopped working I had to abandon my Eyefinity setup because the UI was on the far screens which made viewing them annoying. I much prefer everything on the center screen so I can see all I need to see. If you think about it, it’s just like playing with one screen like normal (if you were to just run 1 screen) and the other 2 monitors are for far left/right vision.

Perhaps they could release an option for people who prefer it the broken way like they did with the FoV changes?

Eyefinity

Posted by: Gnutt.1632

Gnutt.1632

+1

Yes, please allow Eyefinity users to have the old setup. The game was perfect in its old configuration with chat and party elements on the left, minimap on the right, and main GUI elements in the center.

Thanks!

Eyefinity

JrkSoldierX.4379

+1

Yes, please allow Eyefinity users to have the old setup. The game was perfect in its old configuration with chat and party elements on the left, minimap on the right, and main GUI elements in the center.

Thanks!

+1, the game is ruined now!

Eyefinity

Posted by: Brokunn.2801

Brokunn.2801

Quick note first – for all you Eyefinity users who liked the original far left/right UI placement, you can try running your game in “windowed” mode in the UI settings. I don’t particularly like running my game this way since the borders around the window look like crap, but we’ll call this a workaround for now…

Now what I really want is the next ArenaNet employee to post on this thread to answer this one question: How is it even possible that the predecessor to this game has a far superior UI, with totally customizable window size and positioning… and eight years later the sequel doesn’t even come close?

Eight years! It boggles the mind. It’s laughable. It’s embarrassing… for you.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Bjyoric Orcstone.1728

Bjyoric Orcstone.1728

GW2 is now unplayable on my setup. I run 3×1 with window bar across all 3 windows.

The user interface doesn’t adjust the bounds of the interface area properly. Now the UI is bounded by a 1280×1280 area forcing the menu of icons off the top of the screen.

Changing interface drastically should be rolled out in a quiet time in a sort of stealth beta test. Dropping in this bomb of a change at same time at major new content is poor planing unless ArenaNet wants AMD users to move on.

I’ve seen a suggestion that one make the windows bar only on the center screen but why should I be changing my PC setup to accommodate a programmer’s mistake. There is NO WAY the UI bounding box should be 1280 high on a 1024 high screen.

Eyefinity

Posted by: FoulestPig.8735

FoulestPig.8735

I haven’t had a chance to check to see if my Eyefinity has been fixed since I didn’t know it was in the last patch.

I’ve been playing only in one screen because I got tired of cranking my neck over to check the mini map and the chat for information. I missed so many messages from guild mates and whatnot from having the chat box all the way on the bottom left.

I used the widscreen fixer program that put everything exactly how Nvidia Surround was, but a patch made that not work anymore.

I will be ESTATIC if this patch put everything on the middle screen for easy reference as it is supposed to be. Thank you AN!

Those that are complaining about things being “crammed” into the middle screen… it doesn’t block anything more then what people on 1 screen are dealing with.

Eyefinity

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

I am using the nVidia equivilant (NVIDIA SURROUND) and mine is broken as well :/

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Eyefinity

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I think there’s a little misunderstanding of what’s going on

On your behalf..

This is how the UI has always functioned on Nvidia Surround. We never had support for AMD graphics until now, so now they both function the same, using the same code.

Or in other words: Working as intended.

Also, I don’t think petty insults and name calling, towards the one person that could possibly consider your demands and change the game to suit you, are the wisest way to attempt to convince him.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

Eyefinity

Mif.3471

I much prefer everything on the center screen so I can see all I need to see.

Agreed. Having to physically turn your head to see the chat panel on the left edge of the left monitor is a ridiculous idea.

I actually stopped using three screen at one point early in the game because of this (before it was fixed), as it made it incredibly difficult to socialize with people via chat.

Eyefinity

Brokunn.2801

Agreed. Having to physically turn your head to see the chat panel on the left edge of the left monitor is a ridiculous idea.

For many of us, we could care less if the chat window is positioned on the far left and think it’s just as ridiculous to have the chat window and the minimap blocking visibility on the main screen. It’s pretty clear to anyone reading this thread that some of us like the UI centered and others do not. Why, oh why Anet, do you presume that your entire player base wants the same thing?

Please give us the ability to re-position UI elements! At the very least, give your players an option in the settings to toggle the UI back to full screen. Right now, this UI feels like something that should exist on a console…

Eyefinity

Posted by: GShock.9862

GShock.9862

I run on a ASUS 7950 Graphics card since Beta, my screen 5760×1080, looks entirely how ScribeTheMad.7614 has explained it above, before it was neatly organized with the chat box in the lower/upper Left hand side of the Left screen, the character controls placed neatly on the center screen at the bottom with the map in the upper right corner of Right screen, now the whole UI is crammed into the center screen, making the center view cluttered and annoying, leaving the 2 outside monitors basically peripheral vision only, I am curious who thought this would be a good layout? When contacting customer support they say Arenanet doesn’t support multiple monitor set ups or Eyefinity, yet there is a setting IN GAME that allows for 5760×1080 resolution, how do you achieve this resolution without multiple monitors or Eyefinity? You can’t! So I have 2 suggestions for you folks Arenanet, first, fix the UI so we either have the ability to move the UI interface to the desired screens, or make it possible to revert to the old style layout UI on the 5760×1080 setting, Arenanet made it possible to move any and all the different modules in The Original Guild Wars UI, so there is absolutely no reason that it can’t be done in Guild Wars 2 other than just not wanting to, and secondly, please, for the love of god, educate your customer support team.

(edited by GShock.9862)

Eyefinity

Posted by: Katarus.1503

Katarus.1503

For many of us, we could care less if the chat window is positioned on the far left and think it’s just as ridiculous to have the chat window and the minimap blocking visibility on the main screen. It’s pretty clear to anyone reading this thread that some of us like the UI centered and others do not. Why, oh why Anet, do you presume that your entire player base wants the same thing?

Please give us the ability to re-position UI elements! At the very least, give your players an option in the settings to toggle the UI back to full screen. Right now, this UI feels like something that should exist on a console…

I’ll have to say +1 to this. I agree with the above posts SO much in that I too had to stop playing eyefinity because it was impossible to read the chat / minimap without issues. I am HUGELY grateful for this patch but fully endorse the need for fully moveable UI elements for different tastes. That would be ideal, but I do prefer this over how it used to look.

Eyefinity

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

First off, eyefinity is not just a multi-monitor setup, it creates a single virtual screen, such that my computer considers them to be one large monitor, in this case with a 5670×1080 resolution.
In windows for example the start bar/menu at the bottom spans all 3 screens, whereas in a plain 3 monitor setup it only resides on one, the primary.

Catalyst Control Center – AMD Eyefinity Multi-display – Set Preferred Display

Puts the Windows Menu Bar on the center display so it doesn’t span across all 3 monitors…

Re patch and ui centering working fine for me. Possibly because of above setting in catalyst? I’d prefer to move the mini-map and quest indicators off the central window to the inner edge of the outer screen if I had the choice but imho it’s far better then having them on the far edges of the outer screen. The number of times I missed the chat because it’s not in my field of view on the center screen… And thank you very much my map is now working properly! Yay!.

Hmmmm, I hadn’t noticed that setting, but the center screen is already set as preferred and I was already running the latest drivers. My problem isn’t UI elements not set correctly on the center screen, its that they’re on the center screen at all.

I actually found the need to physically move my head slightly a huge benefit, actually easing the amount of neck strain from sitting stock still for hours on end. Besides having the chat and map in the far outer corners requires no more head movement than checking ones side view mirrors while driving. I never missed anything.

But. I recognize that some people prefer to have everything closer together and don’t care or notice what it obstructs. Heck, back in gw1 I saw someone who had taken the health/energy bars, turned them vertical, made them huge, and spaced them evenly on either side of his character. I thought it was insane but he seemed to like it, and I had no problem with that because he could do it without screwing up the way I liked my UI set up.

The core of the problem here is that anet seems to have hardcoded the locations for the UI elements. Why they did this instead of having adjustable ones like gw1 has had for the last ~8 years, as someone else said, boggles the mind.

And for everyone saying/hinting that this was the way it was always intended to work, that’s stupid. It may be true, this may be what they wanted from the beginning, but that doesn’t make it a good change. Maybe what I had for the last 7 months was a happy accident.

If this is what you intended, then what you intended was crap and what you did on accident was fantastic. There comes a time when you need to let go of what you intend when something clearly better presents itself. Making arbitrary changes and dismissing customer concerns that the changes are not for the better is the sort of arrogance I expect from Apple, not from you.

I like many of the changes brought by this patch, being able to turn off displaying gloves, pets not drawing agro by themselves, fantastic stuff I’ve been asking for for a while. But I’d give it all back if it meant being able to properly play the game.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Eyefinity

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I think there’s a little misunderstanding of what’s going on

On your behalf..

Or in other words: Working as intended.

Also, I don’t think petty insults and name calling, towards the one person that could possibly consider your demands and change the game to suit you, are the wisest way to attempt to convince him.

Let me just point out, that by posting in response to customer concerns he is taking on the role of customer support. And while being customer support he not only straight up flippantly discards our concerns, he actually mocks them with quotes on “cram”.
Then goes on to tell us this is simply how it was always supposed to have been, implying “we don’t care how badly it inconveniences you or how awful you find it, we want it how we want it and you can just suck it up or leave”.

I work in IT customer support, if I EVER responded to a customer like that I would lose my freaking job, period.
He has thrown away the right to any shred of respect he might otherwise have deserved from me.

You know, for a company that made such an amazing game they have some of the worst customer support I have ever seen.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Eyefinity

Posted by: Mazhurg.5720

Mazhurg.5720

@GShock GW2 video settings is only reporting available resolutions as given to it by the operating system. When you enable Infinity, the OS sees the combined screens area as a single display.

If in Infinity mode, all applications and games that read available resolutions reported from the OS will give you the capability to operate at all resolutions; whether the applications can adjust and render properly at those resolutions is up to the application. So Anet saying that they do not support multi-displays in accurate in that sense.

Having said that, the way that the UI is coded in GW2 has no facility to re-position static UI elements. What the fix did was to move all the edge items to a relative offset based on 1/x screen resolution. In essence it restored the UI to a single screen with the other ones used as a peripheral viewpoint.

What is really needed to the ability to re-position those fixed UI elements as in the previous GW to accommodate all personal preferences.

Eyefinity

Mif.3471

he actually mocks them with quotes on “cram”.

implying “we don’t care how badly it inconveniences you or how awful you find it, we want it how we want it and you can just suck it up or leave”.

You’re seeing what you want to see, not what he wrote.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Mauller.7321

Mauller.7321

I’m having the same issue as well. Running Eyefinity on 3 monitors. Previously the UI elements were moved to the side monitors and my status/attacks bars were all on the middle monitor.

Since the most recent patch, everything is now pushed to the middle, which is fine, but it’s now partially on the far left monitor and off center. The ma kitten hifted as well. When I attempt to use a fast travel point I have to click to the left and down of where the actual point is shown on the map for it to register.

Eyefinity

ST Babaganosh.3745

[quote= The ma kitten hifted as well. When I attempt to use a fast travel point I have to click to the left and down of where the actual point is shown on the map for it to register.[/quote]

Adjust your interface size to normal I had the same problem. at least it is playable not a fan of the layout but at-least I can play.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Kissa.4586

Kissa.4586

I’m having the same problems as everyone else on my three 27" monitors, 5760×1080 rez. Once I changed UI to normal, and made the center monitor a primary, I got everything back.

But cramming everything into the center monitor and making the Map only be on one monitor is BS!

Yes having the chat and mini map on the far left and right makes you have to turn your head, but its better then having a tiny main area.

The best solution is to make it so we can move the UI where you want it. I would prefer to have them on the inner side of the outer monitors.

Please Please PLEASE fix it soon! This will totally rune my gaming experience!

Purplekissa: Level 80 Elementalist with BiFrost plus 8 other characters
A Leader and the webmaster of PACTGuild.com on Fort Aspenwood server

Eyefinity

Brokunn.2801

There’s a post over in the suggestion forum that would address this issue, maybe if enough of us go over and +1 it, we’ll get their attention:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/UI-customization-1/first#post1943036

Eyefinity

Segundus.2984

I rushed home from work hoping they would have pushed out a quick fix, but I see all our pleas are being ignored. Wow, I really wish I didn’t fork out hundreds of dollars on gems before you guys pulled this crap.

You are losing the faith of so many customers from your responses and lack of concern for our quality of life in game. The UI is such a MASSIVE part of MMOs. When you break it, you break the entire game. I was totally addicted to this game before this happened, and now I have absolutely no desire to play.

ANet, go and check my access logs and you will see that prior to the patch I was spending TONS of time in game. And now since the patch I’ve been logged in about an hour or less. You’ve ruined the game for me, and because of that I’ve closed my wallet to you. Don’t you understand, you are costing yourselves tons of money by ruining the playability of the game for so many of us.

If you don’t want to lose that income, I recommend you fix the problem ASAP and not wait for the next big patch.

Eyefinity

JrkSoldierX.4379

I rushed home from work hoping they would have pushed out a quick fix, but I see all our pleas are being ignored. Wow, I really wish I didn’t fork out hundreds of dollars on gems before you guys pulled this crap.

You are losing the faith of so many customers from your responses and lack of concern for our quality of life in game. The UI is such a MASSIVE part of MMOs. When you break it, you break the entire game. I was totally addicted to this game before this happened, and now I have absolutely no desire to play.

ANet, go and check my access logs and you will see that prior to the patch I was spending TONS of time in game. And now since the patch I’ve been logged in about an hour or less. You’ve ruined the game for me, and because of that I’ve closed my wallet to you. Don’t you understand, you are costing yourselves tons of money by ruining the playability of the game for so many of us.

If you don’t want to lose that income, I recommend you fix the problem ASAP and not wait for the next big patch.

+1 Please give us an update, or at least acknowledge that you guys broke the UI.

Eyefinity

Posted by: FoulestPig.8735

FoulestPig.8735

So, I was excited about the UI fix for Eyefinity (putting the UI in the middle). When I got home to look to see if this really had changed (been playing on just 1 screen), I noticed something horrible!

My Eyefinity 3-screen for GW2 shows all UI stuff on the far right screen, with my character still on the middle screen.

So everything is working properly, except all of the UI being on the right screen. Hmmm, this goes for all the graffic settings, except for “fullscreen window” (which has all UI on the outside, not middle)

Anything I can do to rectify this? Like everyone has said before, a simple “user customized UI” like in GW1 would solve all these issues.

Eyefinity

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

If you’re having the issue where the UI is on the wrong screen, see my previous post:

If the UI is on the wrong screen, make sure your center screen is setup as your primary display. I believe this is set in the Windows resolution settings or the Eyefinity setup wizard.

In regards to the concerns with the change to UI placement and scaling, don’t worry, I’m not ignoring them. I’ll look into making it possible for players running Nvidia or Amd to be able to place the UI on the main screen or span all of them, as well as fixing the UI scaling issue. I cannot promise anything at this time or a delivery date, just that I will look into these issues.

I’m glad you all are passionate about the game and your experience. The last thing we want to do is ruin that.

Regarding issues with multi-monitor setups, the best method to voice your concerns or ask technical questions are to use the Tech Support forums.

-Bill

Eyefinity

JrkSoldierX.4379

First off thank you Bill for the update. Sorry if we got a little rowdy. I also think I speak for everyone when I say this. I think the main cause for the sudden blow up here on the forum is because it was a sudden change without prior warning. I myself have been playing since the 3 day head start, and absolutely love everything about this game, major props. I also game on three 24 inch screens using eyefinity at 5760 × 1080 and up into now everything has been perfect besides character creation and cut scenes, but you learn to live with that for playing at such an awesome resolution. I got used to playing with how it was, and I think a lot of people did, people don’t like change. You also have to remember that us eyefinity users, arguably, are more passionate about our gaming experience because of the money we have sunk into getting our hardware just they way we like it. What I would like to see is either making it an option of going back to the way it was before the patch or just make the UI user defined. I personally would love to have my map and chat on the insides of my two side screens. That way its not taking up the view on my main screen but just close enough for easy access. Also please allow for the map enlarge to take up all 3 screens again, having it only on your center screen is a waste of real estate.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Harapuia.5761

Harapuia.5761

With this patch there’s also another issue most eyefinity users won’t run into: the chatbox actually overlaps the skill bar.

There’s compensation for it in windowed mode (where it gets moved up slightly if the screen isn’t wide enough), but it doesn’t trigger in eyefinity for some reason.

This is very, very, anoyying, and the solutions of moving it up or making it transparent aren’t really helpful

Attachments:

Eyefinity

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

My main rig is under construction and it has nvidia cards/surround. Using my less powerful secondary pc with amd cards/eyefinity. Before this patch first thing I noticed upon loading the game was my character was just a big head on the screen. Second is the screen tearing compared to surround (another subject).

This patch completely screwed up eyefinity. I basically have to game on 1 screen now everything is on the left screen for the most part.

I had no issues with surround before this update, and as far as I know surround still working fine,

Eyefinity

Posted by: J Undersore.9135

J Undersore.9135

If you’re having the issue where the UI is on the wrong screen, see my previous post:

In regards to the concerns with the change to UI placement and scaling, don’t worry, I’m not ignoring them. I’ll look into making it possible for players running Nvidia or Amd to be able to place the UI on the main screen or span all of them, as well as fixing the UI scaling issue. I cannot promise anything at this time or a delivery date, just that I will look into these issues.

I’m glad you all are passionate about the game and your experience. The last thing we want to do is ruin that.

Regarding issues with multi-monitor setups, the best method to voice your concerns or ask technical questions are to use the Tech Support forums.

-Bill

I want to thank you Bill for working on this update and getting it released. I’m very happy now that I can log in and see my characters and not have half the screens cut off.

I’m having the same issues the other players are having: UI stuck on center monitor and spilling into other screens when set to a font bigger than “Normal”. Is this unplayable? Not for me, but I enjoy having larger font so its easier for me to read, and it was nice having all the UI spread out so the focus on the action was clear.

So thanks again for working on it, and I hope the next update makes it even better.

Eyefinity

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Hey all,

I have not had access to my eyefinity rig for about two weeks and will not have proper access to it for game play for at least a few more days. This is all due to a full ‘makeover’ of the room where the rig is.

I will not be able to test GW2 in eyefinity until the rig is back up and running when the room is completed.

From what I have seen described herein, the eyefinity update / fix looks like just what I personally wanted. The only change I would ask for is to give the user the ability to place the UI elements where wanted for personal preference. Bill has already mentioned this.

Thing is, I see two main points in this thread that raise concern:

1, Some are saying that the changes made are horrible – particularly having the UI elements centred. However, this is what was asked for by many eyefinity users – search the forums for ‘eyefinity’ for proof of this. Yes the ability to move the UI elements would be great and yes, for some, the fix may seem like anything but a fix. Let’s not give Bill and Co a hard time over this though. We have been provided the fix (it seems) as asked for. Let’s remember too that in eyefinity mode, the left and right screens are for peripheral vision – that is how eyefinity is designed. If we want one desktop spread over three then we put our rig in that mode! (Or one of those modes!)

2, It has been suggested that the fix was sudden and without warning and not wanted. Well …. I have been away from my main rig for a while and thus away from GW2 – so any announcement or lack thereof is something I may have missed (or not!). The thing is, eyefinity has been discussed on these forums for as long as the game has been live (roughly) and people have been asking for a fix for a long time. People have complained about the unfairness of nVidia being catered for and eyefinity not. Bill even made an apology recently due to there being no fix.

Now I’m not going to pounce on anyone and say they are wrong. I would ask though that we all be reasonable about this fix. It seems that the fix is what was asked for after all.

As soon as I can, I will get back to my main rig (the eyefinity one) and try the fix for myself. Should it be proved in play that the fix is not what I asked for then you can all bet that I will be back to protest just as strongly as others have. Should the fix be what I asked for then I will be happy. I do hope though that Bill and Co can work out a way to allow movement of the UI elements for those that want it.

For now and provisionally, until I can properly test it out, thanks Bill and Co for paying attention to your customers and providing a fix.

Edit: I forgot to ask a question! Do those having some of the issues mentioned have their eyefinity rig in an eyefinity mode with monitor correctly assigned and correctly bezel adjusted? It is important to have these things set properly if playing in eyefinity as apposed to a single desktop / monitor made up of three monitors. I am not trying to question the abilities of anyone here just trying to get a better picture of what is going on.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

So, I was excited about the UI fix for Eyefinity (putting the UI in the middle). When I got home to look to see if this really had changed (been playing on just 1 screen), I noticed something horrible!

My Eyefinity 3-screen for GW2 shows all UI stuff on the far right screen, with my character still on the middle screen.

So everything is working properly, except all of the UI being on the right screen. Hmmm, this goes for all the graffic settings, except for “fullscreen window” (which has all UI on the outside, not middle)

Anything I can do to rectify this? Like everyone has said before, a simple “user customized UI” like in GW1 would solve all these issues.

I’m just guessing here as I don’t have access to my eyefinity rig just now. Have you got your right screen in your multi monitor set up as the primary? This would in effect, probably, be the reason why the UI is on that screen.

Also, it is possible that you have a multi monitor as one desktop and not have an actual eyefinity setup – Catalyst (or Engine) Control Centre is your friend there!

I usually have a set of presets – 1 single centre screen (left and right off) desktop for occasional use, 2 three monitors as one desktop with the primary on the right or as the centre and 3 my last preset is mainly for gaming – eyefinity 3*1 with primary in centre for the ‘main view’ and the other two for peripheral view angled at about 30 degrees from the centre screen (as ATI intended for surround) with the bezels lined up as best I can.

Not sure if any of that is helpful but hope it is!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

Due to a quirk in delivery times of furniture and near completion of the room as mentioned earlier in this thread, I got my eyefinity rig up and running today and have had a short time in game (GW2).

The fix has:

Corrected my character select screen to be centre and properly scaled – fantastic result!

Put the UI elements on the centre monitor and correctly scaled – great result and much better than having to move head left or right to view chat etc.

Made the map to appear correctly scaled on the centre screen – much better than the previously stretched map (IMO).

Additionally;

Bags and character windows remain movable and I find this great.

Loading screens remain centre and properly scaled – another good result.

Yet to be tested (assumed to be sorted by the fix):

Character creation.

Animated ‘video’ cut scenes.

So long as those two are correct then the fix IS exactly what was asked for. I do appreciate and accept that a customizable UI would be the bees knees for some users though.

Proper thanks are due to Bill and the team for listening to and accomodating players with this fix.

Eyefinity

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Fixes included in the build tomorrow (and I’m not sure if there are release notes):

• UI placement is now semi customizable for surround/eyefinity users.
    • Start the client up using “-uispanallmonitors” to have the UI spread across all monitors. We may make this a graphics option in the future (I made it an argument passed to the game so we could get this out asap)
  • UI scaling is now fixed for surround/eyefinity users

-Bill

Eyefinity

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

That’s awesome, Bill. Thanks.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Eyefinity

ST Babaganosh.3745

Awesome Bill, That made my day. Thanks!

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

Thanks Bill !

Downloading now and will try it out later.

Eyefinity

Segundus.2984

Thanks Bill! Now I am happy again! This is the way I like to play Guild Wars 2 in it’s full triple monitor glory!

What would really rock though is being able to freely adjust all the UI elements. And pan our camera back even further. I like looking at my character even farther away, but those are just suggestions. The way it is now I am very happy. Thanks for hearing us and fixing it!

Eyefinity

ST Babaganosh.3745

@ BillFreist I am very pleased with this, now the the UI scaling works having everything on the center screen is actually kindof nice. But I still stretch it across all 3. Sadly I do still have problems when I alt+tab from full screen to windowed mode on the log in screen.
I have opened a support ticket over 3 weeks old and nothing has come of it. So I thought maybe you should be made aware. Does not affect game play but man is it ugly

Attachments:

Eyefinity

Mif.3471

Fixes included in the build tomorrow (and I’m not sure if there are release notes):

• UI placement is now semi customizable for surround/eyefinity users.
    • Start the client up using “-uispanallmonitors” to have the UI spread across all monitors. We may make this a graphics option in the future (I made it an argument passed to the game so we could get this out asap)
  • UI scaling is now fixed for surround/eyefinity users

-Bill

You rock Bill!

Eyefinity

Posted by: Nolo.6097

Nolo.6097

How do you start the client up using “-uispanallmonitors”?

Eyefinity

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Create a shortcut to GW2.exe on your desktop, if you haven’t already.

Right click it, select Properties.

Under the Shortcut tab (should be default), go to the end of the “Target:” textbox, and add a space, followed by “-uispanallmonitors” without the quotation marks.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Nolo.6097

Nolo.6097

Awesome, thank you so much!

Eyefinity

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Glad you guys are happy

I’m sure we’ll evaluate any additional bugs with multi monitor play and get those addressed in a future update. Until then, addressing the “skill lag” issues are my number 1 priority.

See you guys in-game!

-Bill

Eyefinity

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Woooohhh I didnt read this in the patch notes!!! Cant wait to get home and try it out. I’ve been playing on one monitor for the pass 3 months b.c I couldn’t stand the character select screen. lol

Eyefinity

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Bill,

I spend all my playing time in WvW and I am contently pressing M to look at the map. Would it be possible for us multi-monitor users to have a monitor dedicated for the map? being able to expand the mini map to cover an entire monitor?