FPS degradation over time

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mooncrosser.7519

Mooncrosser.7519

Specs:

CPU: AMD Bulldozer 6100 3.3Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, 2GB Memory, GDDR5
RAM: 12GB
(anything else you might need I’ll post on demand)

The issue:
When I start gw2, I get ~60FPS (on almost highest details). In time (a few hours), it drops bellow 20. Restarting the game does NOT solve the issue, but reseting my PC does help! It’s not an overheating problem, every possible temperature is <50 degrees. My drivers are up to date. Any ideas?

Edit: My power plan is “High-Performance”

Posted by: Sossa.1863

Sossa.1863

Maybe ur running out of vram after some hours.. have 2 gb aswell and i never seem 2 run out but lately my game doesnt last a few hours cause it will crash in 1 or another way.

Just a wild guess

3570k @4.7ghz|Asus Sabertooth z77|16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz|
Asus gtx 670 sli @1333mhz mem @3715mhz|
Corsair Force GT 120GB|Samsung Spinpoint F1 Raid 0

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Mooncrosser.7519

Maybe ur running out of vram after some hours.. have 2 gb aswell and i never seem 2 run out but lately my game doesnt last a few hours cause it will crash in 1 or another way.

Just a wild guess

Increased it to 6 gigs, does not help.

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Just a wild guess

So you replaced your 2GB vRAM card with a 6GB vRAM graphics card?

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Mooncrosser.7519

Just a wild guess

Sorry about that, though vRam = Virtual memory (so I increased the virtual memory).

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Just a wild guess

Sorry about that, though vRam = Virtual memory (so I increased the virtual memory).

Next time when you say v ram it means video ram.

Increasing virtual memory does not increase the available ram that the graphic card can use. Virtual memory is meant to be use in case the main system ram is full

The last thing you want to do is swap with a pagefile. Harddrives and SSD are much slower than onboard ram. Swapping will decrease performance. So, increasing the pagefile will not make a difference

you need to buy a new graphic card to get more vram

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Mooncrosser.7519

Just a wild guess

Next time when you say v ram it means video ram.

Increasing virtual memory does not increase the available ram that the graphic card can use. Virtual memory is meant to be use in case the main system ram is full

The last thing you want to do is swap with a pagefile. Harddrives and SSD are much slower than onboard ram. Swapping will decrease performance. So, increasing the pagefile will not make a difference

you need to buy a new graphic card to get more vram

Thanks for the comment, I know what’s the difference between video and virtual ram is, just never considered what vRam stands for. Anyway, the innitial issue still stands.