GTX 660 TI problems

GTX 660 TI problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lazzy.4891

Lazzy.4891

Hi, I just upgraded from a GTX 460 to a GTX 660 TI and I’m getting worse Frames on my GTX 660 Ti than my GTX 460.

I’ve tried installing the newest drivers and the old drivers with no change.

On my GTX 460 i could run everything on ultra but super sampling i kept that on native and i never had problems with dropping below 30 FPS anywhere.

Now that i got my GTX 660 TI i can run everything on ultra and idle at 91 FPS but as soon as i turn my camera my FPS takes a dive to the 20’s. The only way i can stop it is by disabling Shadows and Shaders, I sit at 70+ FPS everywhere with them off.

This card shouldn’t have any problems running everything on max. My GTX 460 ran better than my GTX 660 Ti which makes no sense.

This is the only game i seem to have a problem with my GTX 460 running better than my GTX 660 Ti.

Spec:

i-5 2500k
GTX 660 Ti (306.02 drivers)
8gb ddr3

Any Suggestion would be nice if anyone has found a fix thank you.

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

I think it’s a known issue specially with the shadows on. (Read somewhere that’s its camera smoothing bug?)

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Lots of people are having these kinds of issues at the moment. Hopefully a fix is coming soon. :-)

I just upgraded from a Radeon HD 6750 to 7870, and got no appreciable performance increase….

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Riddler.3206

Riddler.3206

redacted

anyways, im using a 680, and im also having some problems with turning my screen, but only usually when a zone is just loading.

Until then, i recommend turing ur LOD down to high, or lower and see if that helps.
Hopefully there will be a patch fixing a lot of issues for the new 600 series, either by arena net, or by nvidia.

(edited by Moderator)

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Winterchill.7156

Winterchill.7156

Hi, I’m also using a GTX 660Ti (Palit) and experience the same problem. I get 40-60FPS on Ultra with supersampling even when alot of things are blowing up on my screen but as soon as i rotate the camera, FPS drops to 20+ or lower. I guess this is a problem for all of us using 600 series nvidia. I’m borrowing a radeon 7950 from a friend and see if I get the same issue. Hope we get a fix from nvidia or a-net. This game is so beautiful and epic btw. Have fun and Good luck!

IGN: Demons Edge
Class: Mesmer
Server: IoJ

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Lazzy.4891

Lazzy.4891

Does A-net respond to these forums?

I’d like to see some word on whether or not this is a 600 series issue with GW2 or if its my card.

GTX 660 TI problems

Winterchill.7156

Does A-net respond to these forums?

I’d like to see some word on whether or not this is a 600 series issue with GW2 or if its my card.

Please try the beta drivers 304.xx or 305.xx and see if there are any difference in performance

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Kordoch.2950

Kordoch.2950

I have an i5 2500k also, but a GTX 580. I was having the same problem and I figured out the CPU was the bottle neck. I used easy tune 6 to put the CPU to 4.1Ghz and my stuttering went away. OC at your own risk and make sure your PSU and cooling is up to the task.

the i5 is a solid chip though…

GTX 660 TI problems

Winterchill.7156

I’ve got mine OC’ed to 4.5Ghz and still have the issue on latest drivers

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Dark Artemis Ranger.6329

Dark Artemis Ranger.6329

I have similar problems with my GTX 660M, on ultra am running 40 fps, and it drops to 27-35 when i move around. i don’t have the latest driver because i heard it causes game crashes. i want to download them but am kinda scared it will mess up my GPU from what i heard.

GTX 660 TI problems

Alpha Dragon.4576

Guys like I said it’s a known issue https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Camera-control-issues-a-documented-list/first

If you want to have a smooth game play then turn off shadows/shaders in the mean time.

- Dare to be Different –

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: Dark Artemis Ranger.6329

Dark Artemis Ranger.6329

Guys like I said it’s a known issue https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Camera-control-issues-a-documented-list/first

If you want to have a smooth game play then turn off shadows/shaders in the mean time.

i might be missing something, but this guy doesnt mention fps drops as one of the symptoms of camera control issues, it seems to me like its a post about character control and responsiveness, rather than fps related issues.

GTX 660 TI problems

Alpha Dragon.4576

[EDIT: 6.9.]
After a lot of testing in different areas, I came to the conclusion that the camera input lag is tied to the game performance. In the Hall Of Monuments, where I can push 60 fps on any settings, the game does not feature input lag. The problems defined later on are still present, but the camera responds instantly if using vsync with a framerate cap, or if not using vsync at all.
That would suggest that the mouse input processing has lower priority than other processes at the time, which would also explain the unexpected lockups and variable speed. If you take into consideration the big FPS drops the game currently has when turning the camera, it’s probably an optimization issue.

The OP there edited the post. Like he said it may be optimization issue. Probably games engine or camera itself.

- Dare to be Different –

GTX 660 TI problems

Posted by: xXxSAGExXx.2356

xXxSAGExXx.2356

hi, i recently bought a new computer, for the purposes of playing gw2 on high quality but for some reason when i max out quality settings my FPS drop below 10. Does this have anything to do with me using a n300 usb dongle on my computer. Here are the specs of my computer please let me know what the problem is.

AsRock Z77- Pro3 intel Z77
1155/4xDDR3/SATA3/USB3/HDMI/GLAN/RAID ATX Motherboard
Intel BX80637153570 i5-3570 3.4/3.8GHZ LGA1155 IVY Bridge
Boxed CPU Cores 4/6MB
Kingston HyperX 8g Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
Seagate 3.5 Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 SATA3 7200rpm
64MB Cache Hard Disk
Thermaltake TR – 700PCAU TR2 700Watt. 80+Bronze PSU
Antec DF-85 Dark fleet Gaming Case No PSU
Gigabyte 2gb GTX660Ti PCI-E VGA card
someone help me plz