Game crashes every 10 mins

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hellodude.3815

Hellodude.3815

So wha i need 2 do??? I cant play like this every 10-11 mins game crashes…
Crash
Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 00000000 could not be read
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 1720
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 15477
Module: ntdll.dll
When: 2012-09-11T15:34:37Z 2012-09-11T19:34:37+04:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:11:46
Flags: 0

—> System <—
Name: MICROSOF-2A718B
IpAddr: 192.168.0.100
Processors: 2 [GenuineIntel:6:15:6]
OSVersion: Windows 5.1 (32 bit)

—> System Memory <—
Physical: 2104MB/ 3582MB 58%
Paged: 3972MB/ 5469MB 72%
Virtual: 748MB/ 2047MB 36%
Load: 41%
CommitTotal: 1497MB
CommitLimit: 5469MB
CommitPeak: 2475MB
SystemCache: 1891MB
HandleCount: 8919
ProcessCount: 27
ThreadCount: 411

—> Process Memory <—
Private: 1028MB
WorkingSet: 778MB
PeakWorkingSet: 782MB
PageFaults: 465534

—> Game Context <—
MapId: 35
Flags: 0×241
ElapsedTime: 00:11:20

—> DirectX Device Info <—
VendorId = 0×10de
DeviceId = 0×0622
Version = 6.14.0012.6099
Description = NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Compat = 0×00100000
VidMem = 512 MB

Attachments:

Hellodude.3815

So no1 havent trouble with this ??

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

Many, many people are having trouble with this. I have a post of my own, actually, and there are several other forum posts of this identical problem. The issue seems largely unresolved so far, which is a problem because in the mean time people like you and I are essentially prohibited from playing the game. We’ll just have to wait until somebody figures out the problem with Guild Wars 2.

Hellodude.3815

Well let’s wait and see wha will be happen..

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

What are your system specs?

Asura > all

Hellodude.3815

intel core 2 duo (2.4)
nvidia GT 960 (512 mb)
4 GB ram

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

@Hellodude – Could you please attach a Game Advisor report to this thread so we can look into this issue further? You can find the Game Advisor report through the link below:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Please note – you will be automatically prompted to download the application once you click the link. You can attach the report to this thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Hellodude.3815

Well its not a big deal here Gameadvisior report

Posted by: InsanityPlea.9163

InsanityPlea.9163

My computer also crashes. I’m incredibly confused as to what is causing it, as I’ve seen both nvidia and AMD cards crash with it, as well as AMD/Intel CPUs.

When mine crashes, it crashes my entire computer.

Specs:
AMD 830 x4 OC to 3.5GHz (ran at stock speed, same issue)
MSI GTX 560 Ti (Temperatures didn’t go over 45C, not overheating.)
Raidmax 700W PSU
500GB HDD
12GB RAM @ 667MHz (1333)

Here’s my Gameadvisor report.

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

@Hellodude
Try updating your videocard drivers to this http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-306.02-beta-driver.html

@InsanityPlea
Can you go to Control Panel→ Administrative Tools → Event Viewer → Windows System logs and filter it with errors/critical and look of any event ids/info prior to the shutdown/crash? you can also check the application that may cause the error.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

InsanityPlea.9163

The only errors/criticals I see are:

Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Error:The previous system shutdown at 8:45:48 PM on ?9/?11/?2012 was unexpected.

I’ve played the game with vsync on, and the framelimiter at 60.

(edited by InsanityPlea.9163)

Alpha Dragon.4576

Event id 41 right? Can you try playing in window mode in the mean time? see if it does not trigger the shutdown?

Edit : Btw try setting the post processing to none and cap your frame rate to either 30 or 60

- Dare to be Different –

InsanityPlea.9163

Yes, ID 41 and 6008. I’ll try windowed mode.

Posted by: lordbelgar.7802

lordbelgar.7802

Not going to say this will solve anything but many (myself included)have found that connecting their PC directly to their cable modem/dsl (no router in between) has solved their crash / black screen issues.

For reference:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/GW2-doesn-t-like-Routers/first#post48362

InsanityPlea.9163

Windowed mode+Post Processing on none, crashed in about 15 minutes.

Hellodude.3815

Well thx ill try it out for an bout 20 mins. ill type if it will work or not( also in windowed mode still crashes lets see wha will be with this driver)

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

turn Vertical Sync off, also if enabled turn off AA and AF in your Nvidia Control Panel…this should help with performance

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Alpha Dragon.4576

If it crashes try checking lordbelgar link or alternatively try turning off your router’s firewall just to check if it works if not return your routers firewall back.

- Dare to be Different –

InsanityPlea.9163

I’m connected wirelessly to my router so I don’t have a choice there. The performance isn’t an issue, crashing is.

Alpha Dragon.4576

I’m connected wirelessly to my router so I don’t have a choice there. The performance isn’t an issue, crashing is.

Try disabling your router firewall ? see if it helps. Might be something blocking packets that causing system to crash.

- Dare to be Different –

Hellodude.3815

Well….
Driver doesn’t help much think now im crashin for an bout 8 min )))
Im dont use a router
And also im runin gw 2 with LOOOW vid graph and its crashes again and again

Alpha Dragon.4576

Are you running any programs in the background? Mumble/Vent/IMs or fraps?

- Dare to be Different –

Hellodude.3815

nope nothin only gw 2

Alpha Dragon.4576

Anti-virus? Have you check windows update btw? Can you also check if your system drivers and chipset are up to date?

- Dare to be Different –

Posted by: majestic.8129

majestic.8129

Raidmax 700W PSU

Very likely to be the problem, another brand notorious for making cheap nasty psus.
It could also be ram but would be rare in my experience, you can run memtest to be sure.

InsanityPlea.9163

Raidmax 700W PSU

Very likely to be the problem, another brand notorious for making cheap nasty psus.
It could also be ram but would be rare in my experience, you can run memtest to be sure.

The RAM is made by gskill so I kind of doubt that the ram is the problem. I’m somewhat leery of the PSU being the issue since multiple people have the same problem.

majestic.8129

Doesn’t matter who makes the ram, all ram can go bad so its best to eliminate it but as I did say I would be surprised as it’s pretty rare unless it was bad to begin with.

I would look objectively at your issue as to be honest 99% of problems here will be hardware or user related and are a minuscule amount of the user base who won’t admit it’s their issue to find and fix. That’s not to say there aren’t issues but they certainly won’t cause system crashes.

Raidmax is a total trash brand and that’s exactly what happens when the PSU can’t supply stable power on the rails, it will either:

1). BSOD + reset
2). Lockup with bzzzzzz sound
3). Black screen (no monitor input)

oh and 4). pop and take out half of your components with it.

InsanityPlea.9163

Doesn’t matter who makes the ram, all ram can go bad so its best to eliminate it but as I did say I would be surprised as it’s pretty rare unless it was bad to begin with.

I would look objectively at your issue as to be honest 99% of problems here will be hardware or user related and are a minuscule amount of the user base who won’t admit it’s their issue to find and fix. That’s not to say there aren’t issues but they certainly won’t cause system crashes.

Raidmax is a total trash brand and that’s exactly what happens when the PSU can’t supply stable power on the rails, it will either:

1). BSOD + reset
2). Lockup with bzzzzzz sound
3). Black screen (no monitor input)

oh and 4). pop and take out half of your components with it.

I don’t get a BSOD
It doesn’t lock up with a bzz sound
I don’t get a black screen

The game client crashes first, then the graphics fail on anything else that is displayed.

majestic.8129

Fail as in pixelate, or does the system just lockup?

Posted by: malaphax.6837

malaphax.6837

I’ve been experiencing some similar issues. I sometimes go a whole day only crashing a handful of times while other times I will crash within 30 seconds of logging on repeatedly. I have tried running the -repair function on the client and I went so far as to redownload the client in entirety last night.

On occasion the crash is so severe it locks up my computer and I am forced to manually restart. I have run memtest to check for possible memory errors and found none. I have no issues in any other game that I play, and my hardware is very new. I’ve also submitted a support ticket and so far nothing I have done seems to have completely solved my issue. Attached is my game adviser test.

InsanityPlea.9163

Pixelate, somewhat. Colors are wrong, other programs crash (firefox for one), etc.

majestic.8129

Pixelate, somewhat. Colors are wrong, other programs crash (firefox for one), etc.

Okay, I stand by my original recommendation to memtest86+ a few rounds. If you can borrow a quality PSU to test this would be the best solution (a quality one though, or could have the same issue). There are other possibilities but they are slim based on what you have described reading the previous posts. I recommend taking a look at the following as one source of information:

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

InsanityPlea.9163

Okay, I stand by my original recommendation to memtest86+ a few rounds. If you can borrow a quality PSU to test this would be the best solution (a quality one though, or could have the same issue). There are other possibilities but they are slim based on what you have described reading the previous posts. I recommend taking a look at the following as one source of information:

I had been thinking of replacing my PSU lately, this may or may not push me to the point of it. I just spent $60 on a game, having to spend $90-ish to play it is a bit much. (Although it’s better for the long-run.)

majestic.8129

I had been thinking of replacing my PSU lately, this may or may not push me to the point of it. I just spent $60 on a game, having to spend $90-ish to play it is a bit much. (Although it’s better for the long-run.)

Yeah definitely not what you want when trying to play a new game. Unfortunately from experience I have had this occur multiple times. Usually a high load game will push it over the edge – swtor tipped my last one although I was abusing/overloading it for some time.

Another thing you can do is run OCCT psu test and monitor the 12v rails though this isn’t foolproof by any means.

Hellodude.3815

Well i tried everyTHING and the game STILL crashes AFTER 10 or 11 mins.
Exception: c0000005 again and again and again
Reinstall game windows DRIVERS and STILL NOTHING
48 hours and u will answered on my ticket ? rly ? maybe it takes much more time like an a few weeks?
Gosh ive done everything 2 try n play in guild wars 2 n now i think im done with it.Cya in next game etc.

Posted by: Zerolimits.1278

Zerolimits.1278

I seem to have fixed my crashing issue. I would crash every few minutes as well and the game was unplayable. I did two things and played for 4 hours last night with no crashes.

1) Go to Nvdia control panel, hit the button that says “restore”, this will prompt you to set the control panel settings to default, click yes.

2) Launch GW2 and change graphics settings to the preset “Best Performance”. Now I know you, I, and a lot of others have systems that should be able to handle this at medium or high settings, but if you want to play at least try this. It doesn’t look very pretty but it works for now.

Enjoy the game, your milage may vary with this, but I was having unplayable crashes constantly. If it works for you, you can try adjusting individual graphic settings higher and see if it remains stable, if not just revert it back, I haven’t messed with any of the options for now and instead will play like this until Anet resolves the underlying issue, I am just happy to at least be able to play and level up for now.

Hope this helps someone who was having issues, It was beyond frusterating for me so I had to share the two steps that helped me, at least until a permanent fix is patched in.

Hellodude.3815

Well thx for ur answer but it doesnt help atm still crashes at 10-11 mins of the game