Game crashing and BSOD's make me sad.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TylerWolff.7186

TylerWolff.7186

So a few days ago I decided to come back to the game and since then have been experiencing issues I never previously had. Randomly while playing the game will either crash and I’ll have to use the task manager to shut it down. After which my computer acts strange. Browsers won’t open properly and when they do they look incredibly buggy before crashing. Other times I’ll get a blue screen of death. I’ve searched the internet for fixes the past two days to no avail. Hopefully someone here can help me.

Seen a tech support was asking for a game advisor report so I attached mine.

Thanks in advance for anyone who tries to help.

edit:

Game crashes again. Here’s what was listed as the crash reason

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: retVal >= 0.0f
    File: ..\..\..\Engine\Audio\AuUtil.cpp(374)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 224
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 18997
    When: 2013-06-02T16:48:01Z 2013-06-02T09:48:01-07:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:03:32
    Flags: 0×1

(edited by TylerWolff.7186)

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Please post the .dmp file from the BSOD’s.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

TylerWolff.7186

Please post the .dmp file from the BSOD’s.

How would I do that exactly?

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

The log will be in

%systemroot%\Minidump
which should be C:\windows\Minidump, you should be able to put
%systemroot%\Minidump
into the windows search bar in the start menu and hit enter and it should open the folder, then upload the newest dmp file.

TylerWolff.7186

The log will be in

%systemroot%\Minidump
which should be C:\windows\Minidump, you should be able to put
%systemroot%\Minidump
into the windows search bar in the start menu and hit enter and it should open the folder, then upload the newest dmp file.

It shows up when I search it from the start menu, but not when I search it from the “browse” button when I try to upload it.

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

That is because you need to go to C:\windows\Minidump, the other path is not so much a path as a environment variable, which value is the location of the system directory, I list this one also because sometimes the system directory might be on another named drive, default is C, but that is not always used, so giving the variable it will always point to the system directory no matter its install location.

In either case, use the variable to get to the folder and copy the dmp file to the desktop to make it easier to find, or when in the upload window follow the path to C:\windows\Minidump

TylerWolff.7186

That is because you need to go to C:\windows\Minidump, the other path is not so much a path as a environment variable, which value is the location of the system directory, I list this one also because sometimes the system directory might be on another named drive, default is C, but that is not always used, so giving the variable it will always point to the system directory no matter its install location.

In either case, use the variable to get to the folder and copy the dmp file to the desktop to make it easier to find, or when in the upload window follow the path to C:\windows\Minidump

Says I can’t upload dmp files

But if it helps you at all I looked at blue screen report and it said the crash was caused by “driver: ntoskrnl.exe”