Getting Real Tired of the BSOD and Crashes

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: r z.7261

r z.7261

This is a bit ridiculous, okay? I haven’t had crashes or BSOD’s since I ran Windows 95/98/XP – 15 – 20 years ago.

Every. Single. Day. I will crash / BSOD at least once. GW2 is the ONLY game I have had this problem with. All I do is WvW, maybe it’s a problem within WvW? I don’t know, you’re the developer, you tell me.

All my drivers are up to date, I stay on top of keeping my rig up-to-date like white on rice, you got me?

I’m not overheating, I run Core Temp and MSI Afterburner to monitor my temps AT ALL TIMES.

Yeah, I’m upset because this is absolutely unacceptable, tired of this kitten. Tired of crashing right in the middle of a fight.

Posted by: basketcase.3894

basketcase.3894

Just because it’s only in GW2 does not mean GW2 is the problem (I’ve had OCs that were perfectly fine EVERYWHERE but GW2, including P95 blend for 20+ hours). Maybe instead of kittening and blaming it on the devs, you should post some info and ask for help. GW2 puts loads of stress on your system, so if there is even the slightest bit of instability, it will crash.

There are major optimization issues with the game engine atm, but daily BSODs and crashes suggest (quite strongly) that your system is not stable.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Well If your getting BSOD what is the error message on the BSOD itself, because the error it displays could be used to narrow the problem down.

r z.7261

Just because it’s only in GW2 does not mean GW2 is the problem (I’ve had OCs that were perfectly fine EVERYWHERE but GW2, including P95 blend for 20+ hours). Maybe instead of kittening and blaming it on the devs, you should post some info and ask for help. GW2 puts loads of stress on your system, so if there is even the slightest bit of instability, it will crash.

There are major optimization issues with the game engine atm, but daily BSODs and crashes suggest (quite strongly) that your system is not stable.

Take a look around the forums, I’m not the only one having these issues. My system is solid as rock son.

r z.7261

Just because it’s only in GW2 does not mean GW2 is the problem (I’ve had OCs that were perfectly fine EVERYWHERE but GW2, including P95 blend for 20+ hours).

Makes zero sense. Basically you’re saying, IT IS GW2.

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

A BSOD by definition means a system fault, not a game one. Ignoring that fact is the reason you are still having said problems.

The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), officially a STOP Error, also known as Deadscreen, Blue Screen Error, Bluescreen, or bug check, is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a non-recoverable nature, that causes the system to crash. The term is named after the color of the screen generated by the error.

Stop errors are hardware, updates and driver related, causing the computer to stop responding in order to prevent damage to the hardware or data. In the later versions of Windows (Windows NT to Windows 7) the screen presents information for diagnostic purposes that was collected as the operating system performed a bug check.

If you are getting BSOD’s you have a fault in your system. The fact that GW2 finds it is coincidence. Any title that stresses the system hard enough will find faults that other games wont.

First order of buisness is to take down the BSOD error description as this is designed to point you directly at the cause of the error. Without that, the standard advice is a clean graphics driver install, running memtest on your RAM, and running checkdisc on the HDD for faults.

Posted by: basketcase.3894

basketcase.3894

Take a look around the forums, I’m not the only one having these issues. My system is solid as rock son.

You may not be the only one having them, but they’re not exactly common. You’ll also notice that most other posts about similar issues are asking for help, not telling the devs they need to fix the game.

A “solid as rock” system doesn’t crash or BSOD on a daily basis due to a poorly optimized game, period.

Makes zero sense. Basically you’re saying, IT IS GW2.

The exact same system ran GW2 fine at stock (and a slightly lower overclock) and crashed in GW2 when overclocked, indicating that the overclock was the problem. There were no signs of instability elsewhere, making it seem as if GW2 was the problem, but the fact that restoring stock settings stopped the problem shows that it was the overclock, not GW2.