Guild Wars 2 Computer Crash with Blue Screen(ATI)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ExPeRT.7980

ExPeRT.7980

Hello everyone its allready few days that after and hour sometimes more sometimes less
(and i got the game few days ago) the computer Freeze Crash and give blue screen
i read the topic of GW2 about how to fix it and it didnt help Because everything that
was said there allready was applied on me
so i want to say that my computer not even 1 month old
i5 Proccesor
Ati RadeonHD 5770 1GB
8GB Ram
1TB Hard-Drive
now latest drivers i checked
repaired,reinstalled checked Temperature and it stay on 30-40 when playing
i changed the anti-aliasing to 0 or none in game and the Graphic card
Please help me fix it
Thank you for your assistant

ExPeRT.7980

Sorry for double post but i forgot to mention that it happens only with GW2

Posted by: KerrMD.2617

KerrMD.2617

I have that same graphics card with a core i7 and have not had issue crashing. What is the message that the blue-screen gives you?

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Any overclock on the hardware?
Latest bios?
Latest GPU bios?

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

ExPeRT.7980

the comp is new less than a month and i cant read the message on the blue screen because it shows and go away very quickly
i don’t know if the latest bios and GPU Bios but the comp less than a month so yeah i believe its the latest

muslumgurseks.4951

the comp is new less than a month and i cant read the message on the blue screen because it shows and go away very quickly
i don’t know if the latest bios and GPU Bios but the comp less than a month so yeah i believe its the latest

Well sorry to say this but the fact you buy it a month ago doesnt make the pc new/latest 5770 if you typed it correctly its 2 generations old already and Im quite certain that there are several bios updates which could improve its consistancy and also for your mainboard.

ExPeRT.7980

my motherboard is Gigabyte Z77M-D3H i don’t know where to get the updates to the bios or how to install them so if you can help me it will be very nice
Thank you

muslumgurseks.4951

Download Cpu-Z from here http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
check your bios version on the motherboard tab.

Then head to gigabyte’s website download latest version of bios if your board is Z77M-D3H Rev 1.0
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4142&dl=1#bios

If your board is Z77M-D3H Rev 1.0 Rev 1.1 then head here for the latest bios update
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4329&dl=1#bios

Unfortunately Im not taking any respobibility if you fail to succesfully update and cause any damage Eventough its a pretty simple process… As for the vbios update google it you will find tons of topics but first try mobo bios update and check if it solves your problem then go for vbios update because it can get quite hairy for someone doing it for the 1st time.

P.S if you are running windows 8 that CPU-Z might not show the info i told you would find keep that in mind.

ExPeRT.7980

in the cpuz it says the motherboard is rev 09 what do i do

muslumgurseks.4951

http://tinypic.com/r/1z1bqio/6

highlighted revision is the one you take as reference or the one its written on motherboard itself if you have access to inside of the case or its box which ever you can access

muslumgurseks.4951

and the bios version in your case is written something like Fx where X represents the number of the bios version F1 F2 F3 Fetc

ExPeRT.7980

in the pic you sended its writing to me x.x

muslumgurseks.4951

because my board is msi yours is gigabyte

ExPeRT.7980

so how do i know what rev am i? or which to download?

Posted by: Superjuice.4203

Superjuice.4203

I am having the same problem, nothing wrong with my hardware as I can play every other game in the world without issue. My problem started out as a constant driver crash (HD4870) that would result in a frozen black screen. I could alt+ctrl+delete my way out but soon it turned in to bsod on every crash.

I followed someones advice in another thread and turned character animation to low and unchecked high res character models and that seems to have helped but I still experience the issue in roughly 50% of my sessions in GW2. I have tried the last 8 set of official drivers, underclocked, overclocked, and standard clocked card, and I have increased the fan speed to max (and monitored the temp) just to ensure no over heating issue. Don’t have my error codes to post up as I am at work but the situation sounds identical. Everything can be fine for hours and then suddenly while chopping a tree or just standing still I freeze and get the bsod.

I should also point out mem-test and cpu stress testing all pass with no errors when ran overnight.

(edited by Superjuice.4203)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The message goes away so quickly because you’re pc is set to Automatically restart on a system failure.To change this so you can read and tell other people the bsod you’re getting so you can get some proper help,do the following.

Go to control panel and open up System,Then under the Advanced Tab press Settings.Then at the bottom of the new tab under System Failure you need to Uncheck Automatically Restart.Now whenever you get a BSOD the blue screen stays untill you power off your system,wich gives you time to write down the code.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: Mraz.3057

Mraz.3057

I am having the same problem, nothing wrong with my hardware as I can play every other game in the world without issue. My problem started out as a constant driver crash (HD4870) that would result in a frozen black screen. I could alt+ctrl+delete my way out but soon it turned in to bsod on every crash.

I followed someones advice in another thread and turned character animation to low and unchecked high res character models and that seems to have helped but I still experience the issue in roughly 50% of my sessions in GW2. I have tried the last 8 set of official drivers, underclocked, overclocked, and standard clocked card, and I have increased the fan speed to max (and monitored the temp) just to ensure no over heating issue. Don’t have my error codes to post up as I am at work but the situation sounds identical. Everything can be fine for hours and then suddenly while chopping a tree or just standing still I freeze and get the bsod.

Overclock you card by a mere 100mhz on core clock and memory clock, and in game set any graphic options you prefere, BUT under resolution set the game to Windowed Fullscreen mode, that helped me stop the crashing and I am playing for over 5 days now without a crash!

Caedmon.6798

Overclock you card by a mere 100mhz on core clock and memory clock, and in game set any graphic options you prefere, BUT under resolution set the game to Windowed Fullscreen mode, that helped me stop the crashing and I am playing for over 5 days now without a crash!

Extremely BAD advice,no offense but dont go randomly tell people to overclock their gpu,btw 100mhz is Alot for a gpu,espec in a system with bad airflow.This can actually make things wors for people,and add alot of extra heat.Btw ocing the memory clock is usually Not recommended.

Posted by: Mraz.3057

Mraz.3057

Extremely BAD advice,no offense but dont go randomly tell people to overclock their gpu,btw 100mhz is Alot for a gpu,espec in a system with bad airflow.This can actually make things wors for people,and add alot of extra heat.Btw ocing the memory clock is usually Not recommended.

Look, I just gave the best advice possible for the problem that occurs to people while playing this game, do they have the necessary knowledge or not is not my problem, but that is the solution for the problem at least for my PC.

Do I have necessary airflow I do, as well as watercooling and extreme cable managment, with multiple fans inside the case.

But the point here is not can you damage your PC hardware, its about solving the app problem.

Besides everything you ever do from any forum while tinkering with your rig is your own responsibility!

Caedmon.6798

Still its not good advice to tell people to oc their gpu by 100mhz,and the point is definetely that it can damage your hardware.And again you dont overclock the mem clock to get a perf increase,its about the core clock.The mem clock is not needed to be touched and usually degrades performance,especially when oc’d this high.People can get pixelated screen from your great advice.

Posted by: KerrMD.2617

KerrMD.2617

Caedmon is correct. Overclocking IS NOT the answer. It is never the answer for something of this nature. In fact, overclocking can cause these issues.

Caedmon was right to suggest shutting off auto-restart upon BSOD. I’ve not looked but there should be a sticky in these forums detailing just that. Seeing the BSOD DWORD message can be of great use in solving the issues these folks are having.

ExPeRT.7980

I took a picture of the error it write to me please help me in the cpuz the model is x.x so i dont know what driver and how to install it please help me

http://imageshack.us/f/801/img0239jg.jpg/