Hello? Time to wake up Anet

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Wow if everyone is lagging, then I should be to but I’m not, so everyone is not lagging.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Wow if everyone is lagging, then I should be to but I’m not, so everyone is not lagging.

There is at least 1 server with stability issues that causes people to feel like they’re lagging. The server basically stops sending packets for a few seconds every few minutes, resulting in a lag spike or a disconnect.

I encountered it a few days ago. The IP ends in 161 and others have complained about it in the past. If you find yourself on this server, simply switch to a different one.

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

There is at least 1 server with stability issues that causes people to feel like they’re lagging. The server basically stops sending packets for a few seconds every few minutes, resulting in a lag spike or a disconnect.

I encountered it a few days ago. The IP ends in 161 and others have complained about it in the past. If you find yourself on this server, simply switch to a different one.

“simply switch to a different one.” I’m not paying 1000/1800 gems for a transfer because Anet isn’t doing their job.

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

Healix.5819

“simply switch to a different one.” I’m not paying 1000/1800 gems for a transfer because Anet isn’t doing their job.

Guesting is free. Simply guest to one of the popular servers to get into one of their overflows. I doubt this is your problem however, assuming you’re experiencing lag in all zones.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

With the megaserver, there is no point in guesting any more. There are no world-specific instances or overflows any more. If people ar lagging, it is not a world-specific issue but a global one, since reports show that people all over the world are experiencing lags. The reports and traceroutes show that it is also vastly independent from the internet provider of the player and from the distance (number of hops) between the player and the data center.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

switching servers doesn’t work anymore due to how the mega server works. Lag is going to be a transport issue between you and Anet, and not at Anets end.

Issue /ip in the game client when you are lagging, then open command prompt in windows and issue tracert ip-address(the one from /ip), and where you see high ms response time is where the lag is probably starting. bet its at your ISP or their handoff to the transport on your way to ncsofts servers.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: lunatyk.6172

lunatyk.6172

I’m lagging like hell past 3-4 days…..
1second delay wvw when fighting it seems like also

Posted by: dragan.7835

dragan.7835

I am lagging an disconnested last days, cannot loging again after disconect for some time. Its happening me between 15:00 – 21:00 GMT+1 other games and internet going pretty.

Feirlista Xv.1425

If this were a server side issue then it would effect everyone, sorry this is not the case. Unfortunately the Internet is a really fickle place right now with governments sorting out net nutrallity laws, ISPs throttling connection, backbone providers selling off bandwidth to the highest bidders and bad or poorly maintain infrastructure. It’s not just GuildWars you go to any online game support forums and the number one complaint is lag and disconnects. I’m just saying it most likely is not the game but the Internet in general and I don’t think there is a fix for it any time soon. Just give it a day or two maybe it will clear it self up or submit a support ticket.

Posted by: ppuapu.7814

ppuapu.7814

Not again kitten it is weekend. Thanks arenanet

Healix.5819

With the megaserver, there is no point in guesting any more.

Guesting influences which megaserver you’re put on in the same way your home server does. Of course if there’s not enough people throughout the entire game playing on a certain map, there’s only going to be one instance available. With an active zone like the new one for example, you can guest to different servers to get into their megaserver.

Worlds aren’t tied to any specific physical server but rather various different ones. When a physical server is experiencing issues, every instance on that server is going to lag.

Posted by: Thyrian.3541

Thyrian.3541

If this were a server side issue then it would effect everyone, sorry this is not the case. Unfortunately the Internet is a really fickle place right now with governments sorting out net nutrallity laws, ISPs throttling connection, backbone providers selling off bandwidth to the highest bidders and bad or poorly maintain infrastructure. It’s not just GuildWars you go to any online game support forums and the number one complaint is lag and disconnects. I’m just saying it most likely is not the game but the Internet in general and I don’t think there is a fix for it any time soon. Just give it a day or two maybe it will clear it self up or submit a support ticket.

This game worked a lot better the past 2 years. Only the last week(s) more and more topics about lag and disconnects are popping up. Besides this game my internet works fine, no problems at all. To say it’s not the game is ridiculous, we are not talking about a little lag here and there, disconnects every few minutes make it totally unplayable at the moment.

Feirlista Xv.1425

Another reason for the lag issues could be related to the weather, for the past two weeks most of the U.S. has been having below normal temperatures this equates to more people staying indoors. So what do you do besides the obvious thing that causes a population spike nine months after a weather event like this. Everyone and his cousin are on the Internet, so there you go live with it it’s not going to improve any time soon. I just popped into another famos on line game’s tech support forum that has a monthly sub and WoW every other post is lag and latency issues, so it’s just not GuidWars it all online gaming.

(edited by Feirlista Xv.1425)

Posted by: Umaru.2634

Umaru.2634

so it’s just not GuidWars it all online gaming.

All online gaming huh..

Posted by: Sojar.1495

Sojar.1495

There is a global attack going on right now. Blame internet terrorism. Once that subsides, our issues should subside. Unfortunately, the selfishness of Internet terrorists that proclaim themselves to be “saviors” is the real issue". Wolves in sheep’s clothing.

[Heil] Hydra! Hydra is recruiting. www.heilhydra.com

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

There is a global attack going on right now. Blame internet terrorism. Once that subsides, our issues should subside. Unfortunately, the selfishness of Internet terrorists that proclaim themselves to be “saviors” is the real issue". Wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Is that what is going on at the moment?

Posted by: Sojar.1495

Sojar.1495

Is that what is going on at the moment?

Yep. http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&time=16397&view=map

Check out traffic over the last 3 week period.

[Heil] Hydra! Hydra is recruiting. www.heilhydra.com

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

It’s not so bad if you just wanna PvE. But, anything else is a mess. I die more often due to lag than another player. So what gives ANet?

Posted by: Goshkee.7495

Goshkee.7495

I just popped into another famos on line game’s tech support forum that has a monthly sub and WoW every other post is lag and latency issues, so it’s just not GuidWars it all online gaming.

This is not another “my ping so low, QQ, ANet WTF, gimme my dollars back” situation. There are in fact a lot of people having serious lag spikes problems since the latest November’s patch.

I’ve been ingame since day one (with a few breaks) and never had any bigger issues than an occassional DC or a minor lag. But right after I had the patch installed, everything went to hell. Usually in the afternoon the launcher takes ages to log in, I get stuck on map loading screens, get massive freezes and sometimes DCs in the end.

I get that nothing’s perfect, but there are plenty o people having the exact same issue. I don’t think this is any kind of MMO-hysteria.

I’m far from calling ANet names, like other guys, but I think that we would all appreciate some feedback from the developer’s side.

ikereid.4637

I just popped into another famos on line game’s tech support forum that has a monthly sub and WoW every other post is lag and latency issues, so it’s just not GuidWars it all online gaming.

This is not another “my ping so low, QQ, ANet WTF, gimme my dollars back” situation. There are in fact a lot of people having serious lag spikes problems since the latest November’s patch.

I’ve been ingame since day one (with a few breaks) and never had any bigger issues than an occassional DC or a minor lag. But right after I had the patch installed, everything went to hell. Usually in the afternoon the launcher takes ages to log in, I get stuck on map loading screens, get massive freezes and sometimes DCs in the end.

I get that nothing’s perfect, but there are plenty o people having the exact same issue. I don’t think this is any kind of MMO-hysteria.

I’m far from calling ANet names, like other guys, but I think that we would all appreciate some feedback from the developer’s side.

You dont understand how the internet works, calling out the Anet devs for a ‘response’ to the lag is not going to help.

When you are lagging, type \ip and hit enter in game, then take that IP address and open command prompt in windows and type tracert ip-address and hit enter.

and watch your ms response times. anything 30-70ms is normal, 90+ is usually an issue, spikes between nodes usually shows a uplink issue. Thats how you troubleshoot this issue.

Healix.5819

The problem with network related lag is that there are many different possible reasons, some of which you’ll never figure out.

Here’s an example. A few years ago, I played an MMO and had no lag issues. Roughly 10 minutes after entering a PvP match however, the game would begin to lag and eventually lead to a disconnect. After logging back in, the same thing would eventually happen regardless of what I did. What was wrong? Everything else ran fine. I could still login and play other online games without any issues. It must have been their server right? My ISP was flagging the MMO’s traffic and throttling the connection which was causing the issues. As a result, I had to force an IP change every time to fix it.

If you lag only in a specific zone and everyone else is also lagging, yes, it’s probably a problem with GW2, such as the 161 server. Keep in mind that you need a good sample size from various people around the world. If everyone is lagging but everyone is on the east coast for example, that could just mean the main routes on that side are having issues, whereas everyone on the west coast is fine. If you lag everywhere, chances are there’s a bad router somewhere between you and ArenaNet or your ISP is throttling you – which is something they’re not supposed to do and will not admit to. If GW2 was lagging in general, everyone would know it because everyone would be affected, but this usually only happens after hardware failure or lack of hardware to support the player base or during a DDoS attack.

If an ISP says the problem is not on their end, that means nothing. From what I’ve seen, they only care if its a problem on their actual network, otherwise, it’s not actually their problem.

If you actually want to begin to debug any lag issues, you’ll need to run a tracert as well as get a good sample of pings for each hop. There’s nothing you can really do against throttling however, except use an encrypted VPN to tunnel the connection.

Posted by: Goshkee.7495

Goshkee.7495

Thank you guys for the thorough explanation. I understand that latency issues are hard to solve, and believe me I’m not trying to judge or put blame on anyone.

However this does not answer the question, why are there so many people with the exact same issue after the newest patch?

If you take a look at the tech support site, you will see that most of the topics relate to the same thing. Given that I had no problems with the game before the patch (like the majority of players), it’s just hard for me to imagine that it’s a problem on my side.

And since everything else is runnig smoothly, I haven’t got the slitest idea on how to resolve it…

ikereid.4637

Thank you guys for the thorough explanation. I understand that latency issues are hard to solve, and believe me I’m not trying to judge or put blame on anyone.

However this does not answer the question, why are there so many people with the exact same issue after the newest patch?

If you take a look at the tech support site, you will see that most of the topics relate to the same thing. Given that I had no problems with the game before the patch (like the majority of players), it’s just hard for me to imagine that it’s a problem on my side.

And since everything else is runnig smoothly, I haven’t got the slitest idea on how to resolve it…

first step is to isolate the issue down. The way to do that has been outlined here a lot. /ip in game, then tracert to that IP from windows. Then post the results. That’s the FIRST STEP.