Help fixing lagg!

Help fixing lagg!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Elixir.2169

Elixir.2169

So Guild Wars 2 is the only game I own that laggs now. Ever day from 6-8pm to 12-1am I get lagg. This lagg comes in a form of skill lagg and rubber banding. EVERY other game I play during this time is completely fine. Some of my guild mates and others I have talked to have had similar problems. This has been going on around two weeks now and its making the game really unplayable. As much as I want to play I can’t because I play WvW as a thief which relies so much on timing that this lagg completely messes me up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this I already tried doing the client port 80 and it helped very minimally. Please help all I want is answers, this is driving me crazy.

[vT] Loyaless – Thief
D/D S/D SB

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

It sounds like you are getting internet prime time lag, not sure there is a fix you may want to contact your ISP. Also try running a ping path test could be packet loss on one of the many hops it takes to get to the game servers. Now you will most likely get 100% packet loss at the last ip this in not Anet servers causing the issues like most people assume and completely throw a fit and blame Anet it is the servers denying the ping request for security reasons most servers do this. The packet loss is most likely coming from Level3 an internet backbone company that handle all of the internet traffic threw most of the southwest US. I’m thinking everyone that is experiencing packet loss with Level3 should email Level3 with their ping path Logs.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Elixir.2169

Elixir.2169

It sounds like you are getting internet prime time lag, not sure there is a fix you may want to contact your ISP. Also try running a ping path test could be packet loss on one of the many hops it takes to get to the game servers. Now you will most likely get 100% packet loss at the last ip this in not Anet servers causing the issues like most people assume and completely throw a fit and blame Anet it is the servers denying the ping request for security reasons most servers do this. The packet loss is most likely coming from Level3 an internet backbone company that handle all of the internet traffic threw most of the southwest US. I’m thinking everyone that is experiencing packet loss with Level3 should email Level3 with their ping path Logs.

I live on the east coast and why would Prime time all of a sudden start becoming a problem.

[vT] Loyaless – Thief
D/D S/D SB

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Bailee.1427

Bailee.1427

Just a reminder…check your wifi and change its password. I am sure you thought of this, but it could be someone is using your bandwidth at those times since it seems to be consistent each day.

People may forget what you teach them, but they never forget how you treat them.

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I have been having the same issue and it has only been recently. I have had guild wars 2 over a year now and only over the past 20-30 days have I had this issue.

Traceroutes show ping is acceptable until hitting the first NCSoft IP, then it skyrockets.

Interestingly enough for me the issue seems to stop at around 12:00AM or 1:00AM Eastern Standard Time and then at some point during the morning it starts up again. I am also on the East Coast.

See the image attached. The last 4 IP’s are all NCSoft according to WHOIS.

I personally even cleared my wireless device list and then used MAC Address blocking to only allow my 1 PC and the ping was still high until after midnight.

I was also on with my ISP that told me they see no problems on my end.

Attachments:

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Well there is one thing that could be causing the prime time lag, the weather, it has been cold lately so what to do when it’s cold out, read a book, watch TV, surf the internet/online gaming. “ding ding ding your a winner surf the internet/online gaming”!!!!! I would bet that internet traffic has been very high lately because of the cold, board people stuck inside with not much to do.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Help fixing lagg!

Sir Kaboomski.1508

It was cold last winter too…

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I am having the same issues. Honestly, this all started for me after the GW2 servers were DDoS’d.

Every day from 7CST-10:30CST I have immense lag and when I ping plot it I have 100% packet loss. I tried to trace it directly to the IP of the server I’m currently on, but its blocked. I’m just happy to know I’m not the only one.

I doubt we’ll get a fix though. :/

Help fixing lagg!

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Getting packet loss from those NCSoft IP’s now… nice..

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Dorf.3140

Dorf.3140

@Sir — Me too lol… it was just the level3 addresses but now I’m getting 100% loss at all the plaync addresses and none at the level3’s! FUN!!

Help fixing lagg!

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Not that high for me but still, I’m getting around 2%-12% packet loss to all the NCSofts.. it fluctuates.

Help fixing lagg!

Posted by: Urusa.9218

Urusa.9218

I am having the same issues. Honestly, this all started for me after the GW2 servers were DDoS’d.

I doubt we’ll get a fix though. :/

^this

Many people are experiencing same lag – rubber banding issue since about 2-3 weeks ago.
Honestly i don’t expect quick fix cuz no dev responded about this (despite of many threads)

This is not our end problem but…
At least we can run diag and send it to them via support ticket.
So let them look into.

Just add -diag to ur gw2.exe shortcut.
like C:\Games\GW2\Gw2.exe -diag
then run. It will generate networkdiag.log in ur documents folder.
Open support ticket and send it.

Well, until they fix, VPN might work.
(I am using wtfast free trial and it worked for me. I hope they fix this before my trial period end. )

Help fixing lagg!

Sir Kaboomski.1508

They had me send a diag, but the problem is their diag doesn’t work properly. My router doesn’t ping back, so “hop 1” which would be my router appears as if it “times out”. (You can see this in the screenshot I posted). This has no effect on connectivity. Why is this a problem? Well, because Guild Wars 2 runs the diag, sees hop 1 timing out and goes “welp, kitten all done logging now” and literally stops attempting to trace to the server after the first hop.

This is inaccurate as you can also see from the same computer using Ping Plotter (the program I used to get the screenshot in my post above), I absolutely AM able to trace to the destination IP AND connect to the game, it’s just extremely laggy.

And this is why I suspect many people are being told that “it’s your ISP”. I sent the info to ANET as they requested and I know they are going to tell me it’s on my end so that’s why I sent them actual complete traces using Ping Plotter as well.

Also, last night I left a ping trace running and my latency to NCSoft went from 170ms down to normal at approximately 1:40 AM Eastern Time. Bear in mind the computer running the ping trace was doing nothing but idling, with no extra programs, and for at least 2 hours of trace time including the final minutes where the ping dropped to normal was the ONLY device on my network.

(edited by Sir Kaboomski.1508)