Incredible long Loading screens?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

New update , new problems. Unfortunately nothing good like usually.
Double (that’s the nice way to say it) loading times here too.
Before 2-3-4 seconds , now goin to 10 and even more sometimes. And not talking about LA or other crowded cities.

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

Like the rest i am also experiencing this issue. (If that is the word for it?)

Samsung 500 GB SSD

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

For any of you guys experiencing this issue, could you please submit a technical support ticket so that our team can look into this issue a bit further? The thread below should detail contacting support:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It took me almost 5 minutes to load LA yesterday. I’ve always had slow loading screens (I’m running GW2 on a 4 year old laptop) but it got noticeably worse when Cutthroat Politics began.

For an issue that seems to be affecting a large portion (if not a majority) of players, I don’t think support tickets will do anything but burden the customer support team.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Coldmind.7946

Coldmind.7946

Same here since recent patch. From 6-10 sec to 15-30 sec on most maps (only LA a bit more).
Deleting local.dat did not help.
Samsung 830 SSD, Win7 64×.

Posted by: Neph.2163

Neph.2163

I am also experiencing this.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I did some timings tonight.

Loading character into DR (bank/tp waypoint area) from selection screen after start up. – 68 seconds, however I noticed there was no culling or popup rendering of player characters and NPCs all were fully rendered, and quite the crowd. Most other travel cases had culling upon arrival along with various sounds being delayed.

Asura Gate from DR to LA – 33 seconds
LA to DR – 34s

LA to Hoelbrek – 25s
WP travel across Hoelbrek – 17s
Hoelbrek to Wayfarer Twinspur Haven WP – 22s

DR to Queensdale using zone gate – 13s

Now most of these times I don’t consider bad. It didn’t “feel” slower or much slower at least.

I have 1TB 7200RPM drive that benchmarks at 100MB/s on average hooked to SATA II controller, 3Mb/s max. Drive is less than 25% full. It’s also the system drive. I have 8GB of system memory.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

I did some timings tonight.

Loading character into DR (bank/tp waypoint area) from selection screen after start up. – 68 seconds, however I noticed there was no culling or popup rendering of player characters and NPCs all were fully rendered, and quite the crowd. Most other travel cases had culling upon arrival along with various sounds being delayed.

Asura Gate from DR to LA – 33 seconds
LA to DR – 34s

LA to Hoelbrek – 25s
WP travel across Hoelbrek – 17s
Hoelbrek to Wayfarer Twinspur Haven WP – 22s

DR to Queensdale using zone gate – 13s

Now most of these times I don’t consider bad. It didn’t “feel” slower or much slower at least.

I have 1TB 7200RPM drive that benchmarks at 100MB/s on average hooked to SATA II controller, 3Mb/s max. Drive is less than 25% full. It’s also the system drive. I have 8GB of system memory.

It depends on everyone’s configuration.

For me 2-5 seconds is normal, 5-10 acceptable and over 10 seconds is boo. And after last patch , most of the loading times are over 10 seconds.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

You need absolutly to fix this.

Posted by: BluePhantom.2894

BluePhantom.2894

Noticed a problem here too.. with my old pc i usually take maximum 20-25 seconds to enter a new map, now it require more than a minute..

I have an Intel E2180 and an Nvidia 8600, i guess I had to see that coming..

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

For any of you guys experiencing this issue, could you please submit a technical support ticket so that our team can look into this issue a bit further? The thread below should detail contacting support:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

I filled out a ticket and attached a Game Advisor file then supports trolls me, by telling me to give them a Game Advisor report before they can help. (ticket number 130808-000104)

I have 2 Vertex 4 sdd’s in Raid 0 the drives are not even close to being full and in perfect health.

Update Edit I got reply from support actually helping me this time.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Bah….tired of this same old scenario ….every time there is a patch or update, we get long loading screens. I think I’ll go play another game for a bit.

Posted by: Galdamir.4026

Galdamir.4026

So bored of this now, every patch, problems with long loading screens leading to a crash and error message. Cant be too difficult to figure out where to push resources when you are loading the servers in a single location every 2 weeks.

Posted by: Qiko.2461

Qiko.2461

I filled out a ticket and attached a Game Advisor file then supports trolls me, by telling me to give them a Game Advisor report before they can help. (ticket number 130808-000104)

I have 2 Vertex 4 sdd’s in Raid 0 the drives are not even close to being full and in perfect health.

Update Edit I got reply from support actually helping me this time.

Did they provided a fix?

Mesmer – HoD server

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hey MasterYoda – It looks like we suggested deleting the local.dat file and following up with a repair. How did that work out for you?

Posted by: Wilhelm.6894

Wilhelm.6894

Hey MasterYoda – It looks like we suggested deleting the local.dat file and following up with a repair. How did that work out for you?

Thing is though you can’t tell the majority of players to do this unless you shove it down their throats when they log in. There’s quite a few players that never get on the forums and will never see this “potential” fix.

This isn’t just a small minority of people having this issue, I even asked in my own guild yesterday and got 43 people(out of the 60 on at the time) saying they’ve gotten anywhere from 5-30secs of extra time added to most loading screens. Most of this seems to have been after the 6hr maintenance the other night, idk everything that goes on during a games maint but when it affects loading screen times in a negative way something somewhere had to have gone wrong during said maint.

(edited by Wilhelm.6894)

Posted by: Rennuh.9356

Rennuh.9356

I’m having this same problem, also using an SSD by the way as everybody seems to have. Deleting the local.dat file did not change anything either, I hope this gets fixed soon as it is really annoying. Not gamebreaking or anything but I’d rather enjoy the new content than loading screens.

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

“Fixed an effect loading bug.” If this is fix this problem than not for me, still loadings take alot more time like before. So nothing fixed.

Posted by: Jiggawattz.7129

Jiggawattz.7129

yes, i’m having long loading screens, 40 seconds or more with intel SSD

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Before this patch I would transition into a new zone full of name tags on no character models or sounds for several seconds. Just maybe they now wait until those assets are fully loaded before dumping you out of the load screen because I’ve noticed both sound and all characters, player and NPC, present when I leave the load screen.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Albert Of Tyria.2149

Albert Of Tyria.2149

Same problem. And Anet you must fix this because its not a problem for some people; the majority of players, if not all, have this issue; so it doesnt depend from people’ system but from the game/client

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

I noticed this very exact thing, sitting around jumping zone to zone and starting to think- " why is the loading screen taking so long?! " something has definitely changed in the last patch that has caused this.

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

same problem … think after the patch “why is Divinity’s Reach loading so long … it’s not LA … mähhh”

Posted by: Maze.3825

Maze.3825

Will you ArenaNet please inform your community that this is an issue being looked into at least?
For some of us this is like buying a new car and one wheel is an invisible square shape!
My car moves but kitten that is bumpy; i.e. 99% of all players experience since Queens Jubilee.

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Load times have quadrupled, deleted dat & did repair as suggested above. No change what so ever, total waste of an hour+….

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

Game changer for PvP right now.

Not only do you die and wait 15+ seconds to respawn, it takes another 15-30 seconds to load now and gives a kittened advantage to the other team.

Might as well call it hard core mode and never allow dead players to respawn.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Loading times are at least 2-3 times longer after the patch.
Deleting local.dat and running gw2 -repair didn’t improve anything.
Also setting an FPS limit of 60 now actually reduces FPS to around 30 which is the post patch upper limit in the login screen regardless of settings.

(edited by xlion.3065)

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I contacted the tech support as u said and i received the same “fiX” that, of course, doesn’t work

This is not an our hardware problem, but it’s a problem caused by patch or another thing that came with this update.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Is there anyone not having this issue or have normal loading times?

Anet unable to reproduce this issue?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Posted by: Nakaa.6304

Nakaa.6304

Dear Anet,
please fix the long loading times you introduced in the last patch. I run a 2500k with 8gigs and a 830ssd. Before the patch loading times were /- 6secs, after your patch 20 secs. Nothing has changed on my pc just your patch. All oter games load fast. Deleting local.dat didnt fix the problem. /caugh*Only happy cumstomers buy gems*

Posted by: Ziwdon.3075

Ziwdon.3075

Me and my brother are also experiencing this.
We also had a considerable FPS drop…and we have different specs.

“And now we rise; And we are everywhere” ~ From The Morning, Nick Drake

Posted by: sixshot.5798

sixshot.5798

The long map loading is starting to get ridiculous now. I wonder if this is a conspiracy to reduce people traversing through LA to minimize waypoint cost.

Like many who has posted before me, I run kitten (Samsung 830 128GB) for the OS and for a few games, including GW2. Map loading on LA felt twice as long and using waypoints inside the city would take much longer to load.

I’m starting to get pretty aggravated when loading any map now…

http://bit.ly/1hswOLL (GW2 Boss Schedule)

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

Hello

Add me to the list, loading times have doubled for me since last maint/patch.

Am on Dragonbrand, running an Intel SSD, I7, 560ti, 8 gig corsair Vengance, Asus Sabertooth. PC power and cooling 850 watt psu. Windows 7 pro sp1.

Averaged around 10 seconds per map load before now its around 20 or more…

Thanks

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

after repair and delete local.dat still loadings are horrible long

Maze.3825

ArenaNet,
Please stop trolling us with average suggestions like:
“Repair”
“Or make sure there are no potato chip crumbs on your keyboard” and at least acknowledge the loading times have been altered and are unacceptable. TIA.

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

Loading into the asuran tutorial = 25 sec
deleted the gw2.dat, downloaded the it from scratch → 25sec
deleted the gw2.dat, downloaded via -image → 25 sec

prepatch it was around 4-5 seconds

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

Posted by: RaZ.2145

RaZ.2145

I noticed than Eternal Battle loading screens is more long than other loadings screens … and sometimes Freeze too …

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Tried it. Didn’t help.

Also, check here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Long-load-times-after-latest-patch/page/2#post2593863

I don’t think it’s an asset/loading issue. I think it’s a network issue.

Also, I haven’t talked to a SINGLE person who is not having this issue. It’s affecting everyone.

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

2 Intel SSD (1 OS, 1 Game), loading times are similar. I tried deleting all but the gw2.exe and have it install anew, not much changed (except the new gw2.dat being about 4 GB smaller than before).

Is there anything we could do to reduce loading times?

Hickeroar.9734

2 Intel SSD (1 OS, 1 Game), loading times are similar. I tried deleting all but the gw2.exe and have it install anew, not much changed (except the new gw2.dat being about 4 GB smaller than before).

Is there anything we could do to reduce loading times?

Read the post above yours real fast and check out the link I posted. I think it’s a network thing, not a HDD/SSD loading issue. Don’t know if that means it’s on the server-end or the client-end though.

Posted by: Toash.8063

Toash.8063

Insane loading times here too, I´m using 2x Adata XM11 SSDs in RAID0…

Even porting between WPs in the same zone (close wps) is showing a loading screen <goes nuts>

Maze.3825

Hello A-NET, do you copy? Yet?

Hickeroar.9734

Even porting between WPs in the same zone (close wps) is showing a loading screen <goes nuts>

Watch your HD indicator light. I bet it’s not reading for almost that entire time.

Posted by: MrChaos.8602

MrChaos.8602

Same here since last patch; with SSD

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

guess thats Anets coding policy
enjoy

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

Maze.3825

Anet so advanced rendered SSD technology useless !!

Toash.8063

Watch your HD indicator light. I bet it’s not reading for almost that entire time.

Its almost never loading, so yeah it has to be network (?) related, and not IO.
Hell, porting between close WPs should be instant since everything is already in ram/cached, instead its taking ages.

(edited by Toash.8063)

Maze.3825

ANET fixed the loading time issues.
Thank YOU

Posted by: do it.4016

do it.4016

Same here. longer loading screen, and chance for constant FPS drop to 5-9 fps inside game maps.
restarting PC solve the FPS drops, but then it come back randomly after game restart.
all of this wasn’t an issue before last patch.
please also note that Game is just running fine on character selection screen.

~don’t tell me its my PC because the game is running on dedicated GW2 PC !
*The gfx card never exceed 45°C on overdrive OC settings.

lv80>Mesmer>Damage Capping build>Supporter

(edited by do it.4016)

Toash.8063

WOOHOO, back to insta zoning! thanks guys