Ram: 8 gig ddr3
Psu: 600watt
mobo: asrock extreme4 (amd version)

Getting terrible fps in guild wars 2, Planet side 2 beta

Is my psu the bottleneck in my system?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

If the game runs, then it’s not a PSU problem. Your first clue that you might have a PSU problem is when you load up a graphics intensive or CPU-intensive application and your computer crashes or shuts down because the PSU can’t provide enough power. Similar results to a power outage.

FPS issues are more likely to be cause by a CPU that cannot feed data to the GPU fast enough to keep the framerate up, a driver/system configuration hiccup, or some unknown “thing” forcing the GPU to run at a lower clockspeed. If you can, you might want to run a GPU utility or the Catalyst Control Center while GW2 is running and see what the GPU clock is currently running at. This can be problematic if you don’t have dual monitors, though, since switching applications can change the GPU clock.

One simple thing to check might be your streaming video settings. If your computer is set to use “Hardware Acceleration” when watching videos, that can force the GPU clock to run at something like 400 MHz instead of the normal clock speed.

Is my psu the bottleneck in my system?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: peer.2389

peer.2389

If the game runs, then it’s not a PSU problem. Your first clue that you might have a PSU problem is when you load up a graphics intensive or CPU-intensive application and your computer crashes or shuts down because the PSU can’t provide enough power. Similar results to a power outage.

FPS issues are more likely to be cause by a CPU that cannot feed data to the GPU fast enough to keep the framerate up, a driver/system configuration hiccup, or some unknown “thing” forcing the GPU to run at a lower clockspeed. If you can, you might want to run a GPU utility or the Catalyst Control Center while GW2 is running and see what the GPU clock is currently running at. This can be problematic if you don’t have dual monitors, though, since switching applications can change the GPU clock.

One simple thing to check might be your streaming video settings. If your computer is set to use “Hardware Acceleration” when watching videos, that can force the GPU clock to run at something like 400 MHz instead of the normal clock speed.

It runner at 915mhz clock speed and full memory speed but the gpu usage whas 41% average (measured with gpu-z) Ty for your help