Lag / Long Loading and Error: 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Necroshen.3698

Necroshen.3698

The game has become unplayable but rather than complain I want to outline whats now happening to that perhaps people can compare with their own experiences and this may help Arenanet somehow. To make this easier I have attached a screenshot of the eventual connection error I get after the game lags out and also a video of what it’s like from the moment I log in until I give up through frustration.

So I have the following happening at the moment:
- Huge loading times on loading screens
- Lag in game play meaning that any attacks cast never make contact or just sit and flash.
- Despite the lag the guild chat operates at normal speed and I can chat away fine.

I have followed all the technical support articles from arenanet and nothing works and for the time being I have stopped playing since there seems to be no point as I cant actually do anything.

Video: http://youtu.be/NvJrTszuNuw
(I’ve only just put the video up so you may get a “still processing” message, please bare with it

Attachments:

Oww shiney.

(edited by Necroshen.3698)

Posted by: Alocer.4819

Alocer.4819

I was just about to place the same post up, I have the exact same problems:-

Very long loading screens – when I finally get in, I suffer from huge amounts of lag, skills/ attacks don’t work, just flash.

Before the same old questions get ran past:- Yes everything is up-to-date, nothing is wrong with my ISP, i can play any other games, Crysis 3 multiplayer, for example with no lag. Normal internet tasking, YouTube, forums etc are all working fine.

I also have been getting d/c just like Necroshen above me, all in all it has now become very annoying and made the game unplayable.

Can we get a update on what the issue is please? As i am sure it cant just be us two :S

Many thanks,

Posted by: Rich Beardman.4763

Rich Beardman.4763

I’ve been getting it most of this weekend. This morning wasn’t too bad but for the last 3 hours haven’t been able to succesfully enter a region (The Grove, Frostgorge Sound).
They don’t seem to be using overflow server anymore.

Necroshen.3698

I agree, most regions I enter either take a large amount of time to actually load or don’t load at all. I don’t know what’s going on, there’s a lot of people with threads about it though, certainly the disconnection issue although I’m not getting that so much as this in game lag which as you can see makes the game unplayable because I can’t actually do anything. It’s strange that guild chat works normally and after asking my guild members if they were having problems their responses vary but most have not had any issues except long loading screens.

Oww shiney.

Posted by: Huddy.1375

Huddy.1375

I’ve been getting Error: 7:11:3:189:101 over the last few days also. Long loading times, randomly kicked back to the character select screen, and general sluggish performance on skills/abilities.

Necroshen.3698

My ping plotter results shows packet loss ahoy!

Attachments:

Oww shiney.

Posted by: cera.1435

cera.1435

I’m having the same problem. It’s so frustrating. I can’t get into a battle with out this horrible lag and I’m getting DC frequently. Both of which I’ve never had problems with until the last week or so? Probably since the last update and it’s just getting worse. Everytime I go into a battle I lag (same lag as the OP’s video), even in dugeons. I’ve even lagged chopping wood and visiting a merchant. I tried to go into WvW, but dc’d as I’d come up on a battle. It’s all just getting worse and worse. It’s also dropping my fbs really low. I found a graphics card update, so I’m hoping that helps some.

Necroshen.3698

I agree cera, I logged in last night and it was fine for about 2 minutes but then I started to notice the input lag again and then within 5 minutes it was back to being unplayable exactly the same as my video.

I have opened a support ticket, attached all required reports, ping plotter maps and other information and I have a reply asking for further information and also asking me to turn off services in msconfig. I will post again later letting you know how I get on.

What frustrates me is that this problem wasn’t here literally 3 days ago so I really can’t be bothered jumping through hoops of turning things off and on since nothing has changed in that time. It’s also clear to see that the external servers feeding GW2 are showing packet loss and lots of it so I don’t think its my computer, however needs must so I’ll play ball.

Oww shiney.

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Necroshen, judging by your pingplotter, and mine, the problem isnt anet, its one of the exchanges in london.

Indeed, if you google the errant exchange “ae-0-11.edge4.london2.level3.net” you get a return of multiple pages of people complaining of lag and disconnects, not just in GW2, but also WoW, SW:TOR and diablo3.

My issues also started 3 days ago, saturday night, I’m on sky Broadband as well

Attachments:

cera.1435

My graphics update didn’t make a difference, I didn’t expect it too. I tried adjusting the graphics options to low, and still had problems.

I was trying to remember the first time I experianced a problem. I’m pretty sure it was a dungeon just over a week ago. Sunday I think. I’m almost positive it’s not my computer, but I’ll go ahead and open a ticket.

Necroshen.3698

Necroshen, judging by your pingplotter, and mine, the problem isnt anet, its one of the exchanges in london.

Indeed, if you google the errant exchange “ae-0-11.edge4.london2.level3.net” you get a return of multiple pages of people complaining of lag and disconnects, not just in GW2, but also WoW, SW:TOR and diablo3.

My issues also started 3 days ago, saturday night, I’m on sky Broadband as well

Thanks for this information it helps a lot. It’s good to know that another sky user is having issues. If it’s a problem with the London server at least that’s better than it being an Anet issue. The questions is then should I (we) be contacting our ISP for information as to whats going on?

Oww shiney.

Posted by: necrovoid.5862

necrovoid.5862

I’m also having disconnection problems, this is what is happening for me
- loads fine
- can play normally for upto 5 minutes
- skills will no longer work (they still flash) and i can run around
- disconnects and im sent back to character select

Safari.3021

Here’s my ping plotter for tonights session, games unplayable at this time. Any advice gratefully recieved.

Attachments:

Posted by: DippyDragon.3180

DippyDragon.3180

Darn, I just saw this thread. Add my name to the list.

Are we all from the UK? I notice we’re playing on a mix of EU and US servers. What’s common to all of us?

UK, BT Broadband, Tarnished Coast

~~ The Tarnished Coast ~~
[i7 6700 Skylake – 32Gb RAM – 240GB SSD – GTX970 – Corsair Water Cooling]

(edited by DippyDragon.3180)

Posted by: Nightroad.3487

Nightroad.3487

I am experiencing these same issues though my error code is 7:11:3:190:101. I am a US based player (Comcast) and have had no problems at all until this last weekend (Sat27th). I have noticed that entering combat seems to trigger the unresponsive situation and that I do not always disconnect with an error message instead sometimes the game “catches up” and I am lying dead on the ground after some minutes.

In addition to the issues detailed by the other posters I have noticed that my entire network seems to become throttled while I am in-game. Being at the character select screen causes no problems whatsoever. My initial impression was something wrong with my router however I am unable to reproduce this behavior with any other game/application/service. Only with GW2 and only when I am within the playable world.

Nothing on my network has changed recently which might coincide with this issue and as my connectivity has been excellent for the entire month prior to Saturday I am hesitant to replace hardware which may or may not be responsible.

Posted by: PhilFernley.2680

PhilFernley.2680

UK player here using Orange Home Broadband. Having the same experience as the rest of you. I’ve seen numerous Ping Plotter results now, and it seems we’re all experiencing some packet loss when going through the following exchange server:

ae-0-11.edge4.london2.level3.net

I don’t know where this places the problem – with Anet or our ISPs – but it looks at though this exchange server needs a good looking at!

Posted by: slaney.4250

slaney.4250

I am having this same issue for a long time now (just like many others) and am not going through the london exchange so that can’t be the issue…at least not for me. Too many people having this problem and the only common thing I can see that we have in common is the game. And after tonights update it’s even worse, it would be nice to see some positive response from Anet on this, but I won’t hold my breath waiting

DippyDragon.3180

Interestingly, after tonight’s update, I’m back in wvw with no lag at all.

Posted by: Asahi.5380

Asahi.5380

I agree, most regions I enter either take a large amount of time to actually load or don’t load at all. I don’t know what’s going on, there’s a lot of people with threads about it though, certainly the disconnection issue although I’m not getting that so much as this in game lag which as you can see makes the game unplayable because I can’t actually do anything. It’s strange that guild chat works normally and after asking my guild members if they were having problems their responses vary but most have not had any issues except long loading screens.

I’m having the same problem here! And now I can’t even log in into the game

cera.1435

I’m doing my update now, crossing my fingers it works! I send in a support tag, ran gameadviser…we’ll see what happens.

I’m in the US (uverse) and on Ehmry Bay.

Posted by: Seni.7162

Seni.7162

I’m having the same issue and have been for the past month. I’ve tried port forwarding, I’ve tried repairing my game, I’ve tried every other suggestion posted anywhere on the internet.
I’m kitten near quitting. I can’t play in fractals or even WvW anymore, and have no interest in doing anything else.

Worth noting that my girlfriend plays on the same modem right next to me and never has this issue. Ever.

Edit: I -believe- I’ve found a solution that worked for me. Typically, I get disconnected every 20-30 minutes. After making some changes, I was able to play for 2 hours with no disconnects, often with many players around.

What I did:
I’m running Windows 7. The first move I made (after trying everything else that was suggested) was to swap the physical port on my modem that my ethernet cable is plugged into. Secondly, I went into my downloaded updates and uninstalled the most recent service pack (Dated Feb 3 or 4). I also uninstalled all of the security packs that were installed in March (when I noticed the problem get excessively bad).

I’m not certain which one made the difference, and they may not have (as it is a bit early to tell, but I’m going to bed for the night) at all. Worth trying, though, if you’re struggling.

(edited by Seni.7162)

Necroshen.3698

Interestingly, after tonight’s update, I’m back in wvw with no lag at all.

I’m the same, after yesterdays update I’m back to playing with zero lag and normal load times. As an additional piece of information I contacted Sky Broadband directly and they ran a large selection of tests and ran through trouble shooting with me they also changed my broadband router profile to a gamer profile. That could be a red herring since I don’t think it was a Sky BB issue but an Anet one since the patch seems to have removed all my problems.

Oww shiney.

Posted by: Nullreff.9861

Nullreff.9861

I don’t understand what happened. Yesterday I was blazing my way through spvp, world v world, and enjoying some fractals. Today literally after the patch I am getting the exact same problem OP is getting. It is really frustrating that I had to skip the guild bounty and rush today as I could not get out of Lions Arch without a crash. 40 minutes later and at least 6 crashes I was able to get out of there in hopes that it was somehow linked to the massive clusters of people(Jade Quarry). I still had massive latency problems, no chat whatsoever, and after -repair as well as testing my internet connection AND testing the game on another friends computer(he had the SAME problem and is not even on my internet) I am hoping that anet will assist us. I have loved this game and would hate for this to be the deal breaker.

Safari.3021

Unfortunately the patch hasnt affected mine at all.

Heres tonights pingplotter, that hop is varying between 22ms and ERR with up to 60% packet loss again.

Attachments:

Posted by: McPartyson.2507

McPartyson.2507

My game does the same thing. Every 10-20mins. Just bought it. I’m on Sea of Sorrows.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I have the exact same issue only i disconnect quickly afterwards,the game is unplayable.Have tried repair,deletion of local.dat,reinstalled drivers..nothing helps.
Mind you,i never ever had a problem or crash before this patch,everything was working perfectly fine when i stopped playing yesterday night at around 2:00.

DippyDragon.3180

Same story again tonight…

The problem seems to start at level3.net and their servers. There seems to be plenty of evidence in this thread to suggest that perhaps they need to read “Running servers for dummies” At least Anet know who they need to be leaning on to cure this problem.

Comment from Anet please?

Attachments:

(edited by DippyDragon.3180)

Posted by: cheekypriscilla.4598

cheekypriscilla.4598

I agree with Caedmon, except I’ve been experiencing these same issues since the first patch release this week.

I have a cast lag of 3-4 seconds, yet chat is not lagged at all, movement lags at times but not consistently.

I’m in the US playing on Devona’s Rest server if that helps at all.

Nullreff.9861

Quick question to all. Is everyone in this thread running guild wars 2 through a University or Education Institutions internet connection? This might be the problem, or it might just be guild wars 2.

Posted by: Radium.5019

Radium.5019

I have the exact problem the OP stated. Only started for me 2 days ago though!

Posted by: skoa.7964

skoa.7964

I have the same problems on two different connections and computers last 10 days, there are huge laag spikes and normal laag.
Anet should contact the company to fix this problem.

Posted by: Randin.5701

Randin.5701

Welcome to the Error 7 club everyone; we have hats!

So here’s the deal with this thing: it’s been around for a while now, I personally started getting it in late January. Having the problem appear seems to coincide a lot of the time with the game patching, it doesn’t matter which patch, any will do; it hits a small random number of players, although it does seem to happen a little more in the EU, but not exclusively, and once you’ve got it, you’re pretty much stuck with it.

Some days the game will run fine, or with minor lag, and some days you’ll dc every 1-2 minutes.

Tech support-wise, the pattern seems to be that after you submit the necessary data to them, they’ll tell you it’s a problem with your ISP, and tell you to contact them, and your ISP will tell you it’s nothing on their end.

Nullreff.9861

I found a quick fix is anyone is interested. I proceeded to connect my computer to my friends internet connection across town and MAGICALLY THE GAME WORKED FINE. While this was happening we switched our router to wireless at home and changed the isp. When I got home somehow the game ran perfectly fine, I do not want to go back to wired as it might not run

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

After a long night..i think i found the culprit.Windows update KB2823324 and the “Fix” update they brought out soon after KB2840149.

I knew the first one was faulty and giving other windows related errors like
giving fatal system errors and disabling the activation of KasperkyLabs,but i did not know the 2nd one gave problems aswell.After some searching around ive uninstalled KB2840149 and Guild wars is for now working like it should.

I advice everyone to Uninstall the above mentioned updates,they are faulty and might be giving more problems then the one’s mentioned by Microsoft,google it.
Windows 7 .

To unininstall Windows updates.

Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed updates.

Now look for KB2823324 and KB2840149 , Uninstall them both.

“Whenever you update windows again it will find KB2840149 again.When that happens rightclick on the update and click on hide so it wont show up again for downloading.”

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Safari.3021

I have both those installed, KB2840149 on the 24th april, I didn’t start having problems until the 27th April.
I’ll delete them during the lag I get tonight and see if it makes a difference, but I cant see how its affecting a hop in london between me and Anet

Posted by: Manolya.4395

Manolya.4395

I haven’t sent a ticket yet, but I am experiencing the same problems. What really hints to not the individual computer being the problem is that I am regularly playing from two different locations. Location 1 is a bit laggy at times, but well, I’m playing on a rather normal notebook. Location 2 shows exactly the same behaviour though, as all others here described.

Login takes quite long, then playing is okay for some minutes and suddenly connection is lost, attacks blink but nothing happens, re-entering from chararcter-selection-screen lets me respawn at (at times way) different places than where I remember having left the game).

I was already willing to blame the network at location 2, since I can be sure it’s not my computer. Other possibility is indeed that the 2 locations also have different ISPs.

I play from Germany, ISP 1 being Unitymedia and ISP 2 (where the problem occurs) being NetCologne, GW2-Realm is Drakkar See.

Regards,
Martin

P.S.: just having read Ceadmon’s post. I’m running Win 8 Pro, so the KB-issue regarding the “chaos-update” from MS can at least not be the only reason and is to my mind coincidental.

(edited by Manolya.4395)

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey all – I’m trying to gather some information so we can narrow down the cause of these issues. I would like to ask that you all reply back with your location, ISP, and a Network Diagnostic report.

The PingPlotter reports are great to look through and it does appear to be a commonality with Level 3, though I’d like to collect some more info to verify. To provide the network diagnostic report please follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.
2. Right-click on “Gw2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Right-click on “Gw2.exe – Shortcut” and select “Rename.”
4. Rename this file to “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic.”
5. Right-click on “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” and select “Properties.”
6. Locate the “Target” line and add the following to the end " -diag"
Your target line should look like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -diag
7. Click OK to save your changes.
8. Open “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” to start the test.

Once completed, please click “View Results” and save the results to a text file on your desktop. Next, please attach to the thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Posted by: skoa.7964

skoa.7964

Isp: BH Telecom

Attachments:

Posted by: McPartyson.2507

McPartyson.2507

Isp: Shaw

Attachments:

Posted by: PhilFernley.2680

PhilFernley.2680

ISP: Orange Home Broadband

I’d also like to add that, over the last two evenings since the patch, these problems have largely ceased for me. However, I’m sure every little bit of information helps.

cera.1435

ISP: uverse

I did open a ticket and after disabling start up applications I had no problems. Played for about an hour tonight in wvw. Had decent size and long battles, no lag and never dc’d.

Attachments:

Posted by: Phatboi.1748

Phatboi.1748

This has been happening to me for the last month or so, I honestly thought that it was just me so I never reported it. It happens every time the game updates itself with a new patch, but since it updates quite often the lag/long loading screens never seem to go away.
ISP: Time Warner Cable

Attachments:

Posted by: tkkaine.9437

tkkaine.9437

ISP: Comcast

I’ve had this problem since the latest patch, never ever had a problem with lag before it. My roommate on the same wireless has absolutely no problem. Seems to be worse in dungeons or meta events, but I will lag in cities or running across zones for no reason. ;__; this makes the new content almost unplayable for me because I hate disconnecting in the middle of a fight. I feel like it’s letting them down. It’s also cost me numerous chests because by the time I log back in and run back, fights over and I don’t get credit.

Attachments:

Safari.3021

Heya, firstly, thank you Ashley Segovia, for your time and efforts.

Here are my results taken today at 12:50 BST (GMT+1)
I ran a ping plotter at the same time and have also attached that.

Server; Aurora Glade
ISP: SKY Broadband

Details: issues started Saturday 27th april at around 18:00 BST and have reoccured each day since at around the same time.
The ping plotter shows packet loss throughout the day, but it doesnt really effect gameplay until peak times 18:00 onwards.

Hope this helps!

DippyDragon.3180

Here’s mine – almost unplayable for a week now.

ISP: BT Unlimited Broadband

Attachments:

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

Never had this issue before. Been playing since Beta. Just started tonight when I was downloading the patch. Was disconnected 10 times during patch update. Have been disconnected 4 times from game with error in 10 minutes tonight.

Attached is the report!

Attachments:

Posted by: pixfan.2407

pixfan.2407

I used to play very well until 27th April, but now the game is just unplayable. I know I’m from South America but the game used to work so good, now all the skills have delays, and the lag in PvP matches is awful.

ISP: Telefónica

Attachments:

Posted by: joasanlop.8392

joasanlop.8392

Massive lag and disconnections (10 – 12 times yesterday today 5…)
Server: Baruch Bay
ISP: ONO

Attachments:

(edited by joasanlop.8392)

Posted by: HelloKitty.4613

HelloKitty.4613

Isp: Netvigator

Seldom have a connection problem normally, but today have terrible unstable connection and lagging

Attachments:

Posted by: Yuiho.8371

Yuiho.8371

I’ve been experiencing the lag since the patch but I’ve refrained until now because before it was just minor lag and its nothing that we couldn’t deal with but now its just unplayable. Its very laggy about 450-800+ latency.

ISP: Telbru

Attachments: