Login Server down in the EU..?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

After getting code 42:4:7:610:101 at login screen for ten minutes, it is now letting me into a zone load screen but then crashes with a code 42:5:7:1008:101, neither of which are legitimate codes logged before on the wikis and whatnot. Jade Quarry.

Wisdom through suffering.

Posted by: Majy.7084

Majy.7084

www.reddit.com

Enjoy

Posted by: Dairuin.5602

Dairuin.5602

Same issue here in NA. Occasionally can log into heart of the mists but crashes when i zone anywhere.

Posted by: eoloe.4379

eoloe.4379

Same problem here.
Looks like guys messed something up on “login servers” (or those servers just failed)
error code 42:5:7:1008:101 after character selection
from UA loging in to US server

Posted by: Death by Omen.1734

Death by Omen.1734

Having same problem. Can get to character screen load into first area, but it crashes anytime I try to zone into a new area.

Last Of Omen | Bruce Almighty | Mistress Omen

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

Ehmry Bay (US) crashing every time I attempt to port. Guess I’ll go play something else. GG @ no response after 50+ posts of “hey, your game is busted”.
Edit: oh, nevermind. I forgot- I can’t check the official forums for a response; I have to go to Twitter or Facebook or Reddit or BFE.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

NA, I can log in after a few tries, but every other zone change or attempt to enter an instance logs me out and I can’t log back in until restarting the client.

Shabby shabby, argh.

Posted by: DaleYYC.8395

DaleYYC.8395

Same problem here – any zone. Started when I moved to another zone.

Wynter

Posted by: Raging Marine.7912

Raging Marine.7912

Ditto in Florida

Posted by: Striker.7638

Striker.7638

It’s not just the EU.. The NA servers are also having issues

Posted by: Comran.9643

Comran.9643

I was having problems logging in – but just now have been able to

Posted by: Blizzaga.3526

Blizzaga.3526

From the GW2 support page, it says that anything starting with a 42 code is a crash due to security on your computer or with how you connect to the internet. This seems very suspicious for the type of issue we are all having.

Posted by: Kiarra.6407

Kiarra.6407

I am having an issue with staying connected. My wife and I are trying to get into an instance, but get immediately disconnected. The we get Error Code=19:9:18:1614:101 and we can’t log in for a good 20 minutes. It’s now done this 4 times! Is there anything we can do to fix this?

Posted by: Raging Marine.7912

Raging Marine.7912

All better now boys and girls.

Posted by: twaddler.9785

twaddler.9785

Same here. This happens after character selection screen. Exact error message:

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com (Code=42:5:7:1008:101)

Was in the middle of a game and got booted out, sounds like a server crashed.

UPDATE: logged into another character and it worked. Then went to the original one that it crashed with and it worked but I lost some progress (got moved back to where I was earlier). Odd….

(edited by twaddler.9785)

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

www.youtube.com

Enjoy

lol thx

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

Posted by: Stormy Malaise.9742

Stormy Malaise.9742

Same issues here. NA.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

All better now boys and girls.

Not it is not.

Posted by: Zeus.2439

Zeus.2439

Having this problem on NA server. Sometimes i can’t log in, sometimes I get in the game but when i go to change zones it blames my firewall. Is the server overloaded?

Posted by: chrinos.4835

chrinos.4835

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com (Code=42:5:7:1008:101)

I’m getting this message as well. Wonder how long before someone comes on here and lets us know what is going on.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Also having the same issue. NA server – Tarnished Coast

notebene.3190

Did a repair of my client and might or might not be a coincidence, but I can log in now.

Not that I think this has anything to do with fixing the problem, for future reference, how ‘do’ you do a repair? I don’t see the option anywhere on the launcher?

Posted by: TyusKanan.2795

TyusKanan.2795

Looks like it might be specific to Lion’s Arch. Myself and others can log into other toons elsewhere in the world, but not my main who is in LA or LA overflow. Maybe that overflow server is down.

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

I am having the same issues. I tried to log in today and received an error saying the game client was unable to gain access to the log in server at this time. After several retries, I was able to get the game to log on. Only problem is, it will crash any time I change zones or use a character in a different zone. I am on the Yaks bend server.

I was just playing the game several hours ago with no issues or crashes. Nothing with my computer or internet has changed. This is obviously an issue that many people are having and I am surprised that they have not acknowledged it. Hopefully someone will log on and let us know what is going on.

Code=42:5:7:1008:101

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Zeus.2439

Zeus.2439

I’m getting the same exact error

Posted by: Sudek.6185

Sudek.6185

a few minutes ago they posted on twit that they were aware of the login server issue and are looking into it. standard vague response, but at least its a response.

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I’m getting the same exact error

Me 3.

Posted by: TyusKanan.2795

TyusKanan.2795

a few minutes ago they posted on twit that they were aware of the login server issue and are looking into it. standard vague response, but at least its a response.

What else would you expect them to say if they don’t know what’s wrong yet?

Posted by: Nairusu.2803

Nairusu.2803

Tarnished Coast

Getting similar errors. Two computers on my network, one can log in, the other can’t. Usually I get the login server error, but when I try to make a new character it tells me ‘Network Error, check your internet connection’.

My net connection is fine.

Posted by: irott.1830

irott.1830

So was able to get into Mists for a little while but unable to do anything just stand around with everyone else in there. Cannot start matches.

Almost got into a match but then booted. Now getting the 19:9:19:1786:101 code ONLY when I try to log into my character that is in the Mists. If I try to log in on another character they get the 42:5:7:1008:101

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

They know their own servers work.
http://www.gw2status.de/
As do you now.

Must be something on teh Internetz.

Polish > hype

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

After seeing TyusKanan’s post, I tried bringing the character that was in queensdale to lions arch and it crashed. I went through the heart of the mist. (heart of the mist did not cause any issues though.)

The two characters that I started having issues with are in Straights of Devastation. I can not even log in with them. I get the same code every time. Now I was able to log onto a character that is in Queensdale with no issues and also my mesmer in Sparkfly, but as soon as I crossed into the Straights of devastation portal, the game crashed again with the same code as before.

I now can not log onto to three of my characters. One in Lions arch and 2 in Straights of devastation. I’m done trying different zones. lol

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Saiasanc.7283

Saiasanc.7283

Did a repair of my client and might or might not be a coincidence, but I can log in now.

Not that I think this has anything to do with fixing the problem, for future reference, how ‘do’ you do a repair? I don’t see the option anywhere on the launcher?

Instructions here:
https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8981/kw/repair%20installation#

Posted by: Wargraven.7059

Wargraven.7059

I tried to log into another character, still the same crash/ error message. Maguuma server here.

notebene.3190

Instructions here:
https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8981/kw/repair%20installation#

Thanks

Posted by: Eonjee.8742

Eonjee.8742

Same problem in NA server.

: I

Posted by: dagul.7829

dagul.7829

Bah! I’m gonna miss my blue drops from tequatl!

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

I’m having the same issue here, seems to work randomly for me. I’m surprised by the lack of an official response, has been going on for almost an hour already. :\

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

I can get all my characters back in game except the one I was on at the time of being booted.

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

Got disconnected and not able to get in when I was trying to go to Queensdale from Lion’s Arch’s Asura Gate. Good Job Anet!

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Gosh and still none official response about this global error.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

and BAM again got dc cant get back again , this has been like the sixth time today i get dc , also Tradepost has been eating my coin and im not recieving any items ( not biggie lost so far 30 silver only) but its annoying…

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

Would be nice to get some sort of ANet response, even if it’s just a “we see the problems, and are working on it; no ETA for fixes yet”

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Just chiming in to say I’m affected by this as well…cannot log onto my mesmer who I parked in LA, got onto my Charr warrior who’s in the BC just fine.

How odd.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Drake Phoenix.6158

Drake Phoenix.6158

They know their own servers work.
http://www.gw2status.de/
As do you now.

Must be something on teh Internetz.

Not necessarily. http://www.internetpulse.net/ shows no issues with internet backbone (though I’d really like to find a better source for that sort of info as that site isn’t always correct). It could be a code glitch or other data transfer issue with the login server. Just because the servers are powered up and gw2status can ping them doesn’t necessarily mean they’re working correctly.

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

Would be nice to get some sort of ANet response, even if it’s just a “we see the problems, and are working on it; no ETA for fixes yet”

yeah, this is what i got frustrated about. if i know they’re working on it, i can decide to wait or not. Now I will definitely go back to my Hitman.

Posted by: Drake Phoenix.6158

Drake Phoenix.6158

To everyone saying there hasn’t been an official response, please try using all available sources. In this case, namely try http://twitter.com/guildwars2 as they made an official response there.

Although it would be nice if they would make use of their own RSS too… that hasn’t been updated in a month.

(edited by Drake Phoenix.6158)

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

In that case, it would be nice to have an official listing of all official lines of communication. I mean, Reddit? Seriously?

Posted by: dagul.7829

dagul.7829

Just got in, Tarnished Coast server.

notebene.3190

Just got in, Tarnished Coast server.

Still out on Emhry Bay, trying to login a character that happens to be in Divinity’s Reach (to dispel the LA theory).