Major Skill Delay/Lag since new patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eldareth.9063

Eldareth.9063

Same thing for me playing from Sweden on the EU server Desolation. Regular and very random lagspikes/disconnect. Me and girlfriend had to play another game instead since Guild Wars 2 is the only game lagging.

Are there actually staff reading these forums? It looks extremely deserted at the moment.

Posted by: Gehax.2341

Gehax.2341

From malaysia, unable to play after the recently updates.

Posted by: Kirelz.8234

Kirelz.8234

same thing i lag all-time since after update. major skill delay around 1sec-2sec kaineng sever.

Posted by: WhimsicalWalrus.9760

WhimsicalWalrus.9760

still having awful lag in wvw and pve maps :/, Crystal Desert server
ip: 64.25.33.78:0

Posted by: Taygeta.9124

Taygeta.9124

I got this issue after the patch, having major skill lags and rubber banding. It has never happened since head start.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

All day today (September 17th) I have been experiencing horrendous lag and countless disconnects with a message referring to the game client being unable to connect to the server, or something along those lines. I am suspecting that this is the correct thread to post my experience in? I know that my internet has been a bit wonky ever since 3pm Pacific time, but the internet was fine this morning and yet I still got lag and disconnects in GW2. I’ve been reading the other threads in this forum and seeing what people’s posts from the last few days say, to gauge if this is my personal internet problem or if there also is a GW2 problem. Internet problems rarely happen to me anymore, and any lag or disconnects in GW2 have been brief, one-time things on average.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

the lag is gone in regular maps but in wvw it is still atrocious for me at least

It’s been like this for me for 3-4 days. utterly awful. can’t play wvw. : (

Posted by: Taygeta.9124

Taygeta.9124

All day today (September 17th) I have been experiencing horrendous lag and countless disconnects with a message referring to the game client being unable to connect to the server, or something along those lines. I am suspecting that this is the correct thread to post my experience in? I know that my internet has been a bit wonky ever since 3pm Pacific time, but the internet was fine this morning and yet I still got lag and disconnects in GW2. I’ve been reading the other threads in this forum and seeing what people’s posts from the last few days say, to gauge if this is my personal internet problem or if there also is a GW2 problem. Internet problems rarely happen to me anymore, and any lag or disconnects in GW2 have been brief, one-time things on average.

Mine happened today as well. There were no issues for me up to 2 AM PST Last night/this morning. Did yours happen after today’s patch?

Posted by: joblagz.9310

joblagz.9310

it happens occasionally since the patch but is now consistent and persistent with today’s new build.. it is literally unplayable! i missed my guild raid today and missed all the good fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if it helps this is my tracert
http://imgur.com/kVrJOr4

edit: i just found out that i have 380+ms latency and routing to EU when i live in NA..
whos at fault at the routing here anet or my isp?

i really want to play this game asap and its very frustrating and annoying the way it is right now please i need immediate assistance..

(edited by joblagz.9310)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Here is mine, also really bad since patch.

Attachments:

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Totally unplayable atm.

9pm GMT+10

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

Ever Since The Latest Patch ive Massive Fps Drops and Lag spikes and RubberBanding, I also lagged out sevral times, skill are not responding, please fix this

Moyayuki.3619

Mine happened today as well. There were no issues for me up to 2 AM PST Last night/this morning. Did yours happen after today’s patch?

Yes, I can say that it was after the new patch (or “build”, as they’d call it in-game). Wasn’t one of the newer patches meant to fix a problem of people being disconnected, or something? I can’t remember.

Tried playing this morning around 10am PST and got the “game client cannot connect” message the moment I chose a toon and hit play. Tried unplugging my router and replugging it. Internet seems to be working for now, but the real test will be whether GW2 performs now. I will post in this thread again shortly, off to go test the game itself.

Moyayuki.3619

Well, I played for a half hour straight with only minimal lag before I got disconnected. Still cannot tell if this is GW2 or my actual internet.

Moyayuki.3619

Well, I played for a half hour straight with only minimal lag before I got disconnected. Still cannot tell if this is GW2 or my actual internet.

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

playing from asia, never have severe problem before, but today i got lag spikes and then dc, log back 2 mins later kitteneep dc ing for 10 times, i log out, not worth the stress. my connection is fine, can play other online game without problem.

Posted by: Neoniac.6129

Neoniac.6129

I really hope they fix this soon, I love this game and I just cannot play it ever since the new update. I really was looking forward to my first year doing the Halloween events but if this continues I wont be able to. I know this is not a problem with my computer as i just bought a bran new gaming laptop this summer, it can run every other program without any problem. Only Guild Wars 2 has the problems for me.

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Working as intended.

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I’m also getting random freezes, rubber-banding, and disconnects. I’ve tried putting the game on both the SSD and the HDD but no change.

Posted by: Eo Oronar.4587

Eo Oronar.4587

Same problem here: 2-3 second delay for skill buttons only and some “elevators”. No delay for menus and UI, just the skills.
Midwestern United States.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost