Low FPS - [merged]

Low FPS - [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ChuChuTrick.6372

ChuChuTrick.6372

I’m experiencing lower SLI FPS then I am with one card.

(Best appearance setting, no supersampling). 1920×1080

SLI FPS (in town) : 22 – 40ish
Single GPU FPS (in town): 30 – 70ish

(The Trend stays the same in non town zones, single card gets 90+ and SLI gets around 60+)

Not a huge deal, as I can just turn one card off, but I had hoped to be getting a minimum of 35 FPS at all times.

Thanks for being awesome A-net.

Basic Specs:
FX-4170
SLI Nvidia 560 ti stock OC.
8 GB ram

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: thexczech.8791

thexczech.8791

RAM: 6gb
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,10Ghz
Graphic Card: ATI HD 5830 1gb ddr5

FPS in town 10-20

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: MisterJimDavis.3290

MisterJimDavis.3290

Windows 7 64bit
8 GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz
Nvidia GeForce 320M

10-20 FPS constant. Below 10 FPS during combat. Everything set on low.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Arksha.4736

Arksha.4736

9 pages of system specs and not a single answer from ArenaNet. Please guys, tell us your working on it at least.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

9 pages of system specs and not a single answer from ArenaNet. Please guys, tell us your working on it at least.

This.I just “fought” my first dragon today and what can i say,this runs EVEN WORSE than WvWvW.It was literally 5-10 FPS.My skills wouldn’t even work,just autoattack.Changing graphics settings to all low didn’t give me a single frame.

Something is horribly wrong with their engine and really it’s not fun if you can’t play a huge part of the game WvWvW/Dragon fights.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Big Drewskie.6304

Big Drewskie.6304

If you look for a red name tag on the sides, ANet has responded a few times. However, there have been no ETAs on a fix. Just that they appreciate the data and are looking into it.

AMD FX 8120 8 core @2.8ghz
EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti
8g RAM

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: sauceboss.7693

sauceboss.7693

As of right now, I really really regret buying this game, I paid 70$ for it and runs like junk on the lowest settings possible when all other games I play run just fine. If I could get my money back I would.

Give us an ETA at least on fixing your mess of an engine.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Zaron.1687

Zaron.1687

ATM, Crashes is a very common problem for a lot of people. Crashes, Black screen, BSOD etc etc. is the most typical thing for GW2 right now. Did you try changing the Anti-Aliasing the GW2 team postet on the forum? :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Black-Screen-Issue-AMD-ATI/first#post3963

If you did that, try disabling “Character Animation” and “High res textures” ingame.
Best regards
Tjynde

I had the same problem, and tried everything. This is what worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

YES!

Switched of the frikken FPS LIMITER (rather set it to unlimited, was on 60 then 30) and finally I have proper FPS and my Phenom II x2 555 3.2GHz and the HD7750 are running hot like they should.
Also for good measure enabled V-Sync and set the Refreshrate to 60 .

I´m still far away from a steady 60 FPS, as I was expecting with a “lowly” dualcore, but at least I almost doubled my FPS from the paltry 20ies and below I was suffering.

You really need to take a look at your FPS limiter code there ArenaNet!

Polish > hype

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Milimeter.5321

Milimeter.5321

After messing with my gpu settings and the games settings, its still a slide show. I’m not goign to bother playing until arena net pulls they’re head from the “darkness” and fixes this asap. Seriously between all the Beta testing and stress tests they had there was plenty of time to atleast get the game to run decently for players. its sad to see that they failed so hard.

They’re lucky there isnt a subscription fee because if there was people would be demanding there money back for the sub.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Xzenon.8054

Xzenon.8054

the game runs good most of the time even when theres loads of action going on with loads of people, except when the shatterer dragon appears he single handedly cripples my comp too a stutter fest, then once hes dead i get ok fps again with the same amount of people still present.

guess i need a better graphics card

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Smoke.6138

Smoke.6138

So basically if i have no problems in other games also no big temperatures and i ran the benchmarking program on my gpu w/o any crashing etc its about the game and not my pc right?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: PaniK.9482

PaniK.9482

after a memtest86+, id say yea.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Sunzzofman.8596

Sunzzofman.8596

can we get an update on whats happening from arenanet plzzz.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: spacecraft.4968

spacecraft.4968

30-45 FPS (jumps around quite a lot) in Lion’s Arch with everything maxed and supersampling on. Figure I should be at a constant 60 FPS with vsync enabled.

Quick look:
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
8GB DDR3
2 GTX 670 in SLI
Windows 7 x64
Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Dxdiag:

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Eternalglory.1682

Eternalglory.1682

My computer already met the " recommended requirements " and better but the fps drops like crazy…

I never had this problem in WoW at all

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Tomiko.6542

Tomiko.6542

I set up a custom fan profile thinking it may just be temperatures and I’m crazy. Nope, kept some very aggressive settings and made sure to stay under 60c consistently, but it still crashed.

After an hour of grueling clearing in CoE only to crash in the cutscene after the boss and lose all credit for the instance I’m done with this game. Completely silent about the issue that’s been happening since BWE1.

Low FPS - [merged]

Sunzzofman.8596

Is there any news iv missed regarding everyoneas problems with low fps? attached screenshot of an example when in WvW,whys this game so badly optimized? it reminds me of GTA IV lol.this game just doesnt even try to use my graphics card at all!

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Cbuzz.5083

Cbuzz.5083

What cpu you packin?

i7 3770k@4.8Ghz / AIR
GTX 6GB Titan@1160Mhz
3007WFP@2560x16000

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

Why has the FPS thread been merged into the Crashing thread, when they are two (primarily) separate issues?

Edit: Looks like it was an merging error, and has now been corrected

(edited by Sam.9157)

Low FPS - [merged]

Sunzzofman.8596

iv got a amd fx 6100 6 core 3.3 ghz with a amd hd radeon 4870 1 gb if that msg was for me.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Grimnyr the Pale.3042

Grimnyr the Pale.3042

This is outrageous. I can run nearly every game I own at at least 60 fps but this game is just rediculous. I have games that have WAY better graphics than this, and on the lowest possible settings the game is unplayable.

What a waste of 60 dollars.

Anyway, here’s my dxdiag

My drivers are completely up to date, by the way.

Attachments:

(edited by Grimnyr the Pale.3042)

Low FPS - [merged]

Milimeter.5321

It seems as though you guys did something just recently to improve the fps in game. my fps float around 60-70 fps, UNTIL for no reason at all the gpu usage drops and then the slide show happens. Now this is intermittent and it happens for only a second or 2, but it happens often like every 5-6 seconds if not more.

Does this have to do with Nvidia drives or do you guys have more work to do?

Low FPS - [merged]

Milimeter.5321

Running with the game on auto detect (medium settings) NO AA and reflections off, and shadows on low. GPU Usage still hopping from 100 percent to 30. Something new that is happening is that my GPU usage will stay at 100 percent and over heat to about 172F and then downclock from 1495 to 395. Which obviously makes the game unplayable.

Low FPS - [merged]

Milimeter.5321

After propping my labtop up abit to dissipate more heat it seems to have stopped overheating. I also turned down pre-rendered frames to 2 and then tried use application settings. Which seemed to work just as well. I capped fps at 60 which also helped and the game seems to be running pretty consistantly at around 60 with occasional drops to around 30

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Thats pretty crazy, even if you have the worst hardware imaginable, if your able to run the game at all you should at least get 10-20fps on lowest, otherwise you should of just gotten an error like your dx version isn’t high enough 0.0

I suggest you try adding the following command lines to your shortcut:
-dx8 -noshaders

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

(edited by Mightylink.3816)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Traigar.2067

Traigar.2067

Hi guys,

Been tracking this thread for a while as I have a similar issue – but so far as I can see no suggestions or fixes (or GW2 acknowledgement?). Anyways, hi end system well in excess of requirements, defragged drive, latest drivers and all that (have been MMOing for a while!). Win 7 64 bit. Fps usually sits at a nice 70-80 of an evening (Australia) with graphics set to mid/performance. Problem is then when in a dungeon lag spikes will hit and I get a 3-20 second delay. Same problem on a seperate hi-end PC in the house. My conclusion is network lag. Would LOVE some of you knowedgable people to help or advise. Would love the same from NCSoft. Anyone out there help a frustrated player??

Cheers

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: IPunchedyour family.7294

IPunchedyour family.7294

Specs:
Phenom II x2 550 3.1 not overclocked
2gb 6970
8gb ddr3
x64 Win 7

I’m getting hideously inconsistent performance. Today after updating I’ve been getting between 9-26 fps in Metrica Province. It’s mostly been working around the 11 mark though which is more or less a slideshow.

Now a lot of scuttlebutt on this issues, both on this site and on others, has centred around the “Well you’ve got an old AMD processor and the game is slow. Stop whining and buy a new computer noob”

I’d be willing to accept this rationale if not for 3 things:

1 – My specs exceed the game’s minimum spec by what I would consider to be enough. I gave ANet $98 on on the proviso that I would be able to play the game to a reasonable extent. They put out the minimum spec so they should be expected to uphold this.

2 – If the performance was just plain bad I could man up and accept this, but in some areas, on some days, I can rock 60-80 fps and have a great old time. There absolutely no way to get a stable or consistent Frame Rate.

3- This is the biggest one for me. The graphics settings do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. In fact if I do anything other than ‘autodetect’ I lose more frames. Best performance and a lower resolution actually causes my performance to get worse.

This last point is absolutely unforgivable. In any game since Graphics Acceleration was invented you know the way to get a better, more stable performance is to turn the pretties down.

It seems that due to this concept of binding the game to the CPU the ability to improve your performance by dialing back your settings has been completely hamstrung. It’s actually cruel. I would gladly dial back to 640×480 with every graphic setting set to low or off if it would allow me to play this game with a consistent and stable 30FPS.

I know there are words in the wind in regards to optimisation and the excuse ‘hey maybe they haven’t optimised the game for your card yet’ is used a lot. The reality is that if there is even a kernel of truth to this, the optimisation should have been done before I received the game I paid for.

I would gladly accept a refund at this time to be honest.

i53570k, HD6970, 8gb Ram – 60FPS

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Running Win7 Ultimate 64 bit
nVidia 550ti video
306.02 drivers

Prior to tonight’s (Sep patch, including the beta, the game solid at about 35-40fps. Tonight, it’s getting 10-15 which is near unplayable. For kicks, I jacked it up to high quality and got it to 1 fps, and low is only getting me to 17-20.

Not sure what changed because again, it was running great right up until I got booted for tonight’s patch. Logged back in, and blech.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Belendir.7206

Belendir.7206

Getting anything from 19 to 55 fps while normally playing. Basically unplayable when doing some big event like the first dragon or big WvW fights, fps drops to <10 there.
The inconsistency of the fps is the worst.
I will not continue playing until this is being fixed.

Here are my specs:

AMD Phenon II X4 955 @ 3.2 Ghz, not overclocked.
8 GB DDR3 RAM in dual channel mode
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560ti
ASrock M3N78D Mainboard with nForce 720a chipset

Windows 7 64bit

Dxdiag attached.

Attachments:

(edited by Belendir.7206)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Magnificat.5439

Magnificat.5439

same here… after the sept 7 and sept 8 patch, i get 9 fps in shire of beetletun… i had 30+ fps usually since the headstart until around sept 7 (i dont remember if i played sept 5-6 or not, but around monday-tuesday it was fine)

CAP2 IS installed…

Athlon X4 2.9GHz, 6GB DDR2, HD7750 1GB DDR5, 12.8 driver, Win7 Prof x64

(edited by Magnificat.5439)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Okay, after much fiddling around and putting my 30+ years of leetzor computer experience to work digging through all kinds of settings and registry entries, I fell back on the classic uninstall-reinstall drivers.

And I’m up to 35-40fps again.

It kinda reminded me of telling customers I’d built computers for to try turning them off then on again (which solves a remarkably high number of problems).

At least I didn’t have to resort to percussive maintance…

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Low FPS - [merged]

Magnificat.5439

i dont want to reinstall my drivers…
my drivers are fine (or it has to be fine)… everything else works like a charm…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Coyy.3907

Coyy.3907

To be fair, reinstalling drivers is a quick and easy check to perform before delving deeper in to a possible issue

“I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness.”

H.P. Lovecraft

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mohawkward.7530

Mohawkward.7530

Merging FPS problems with crashes problem ?? I can not get it ? Some people are posting specs with hey fps drop in here and others hey random crashes in here ?…

Is there any links between those two ?

Whatsoever, I have to note that I do not think this is a W7 32bits problem since I have a friend with nearly the same specs than me (videocards and motherboard change but same memory and W7 settings).

To sum up, I have random crashes like 10~times a day with “out of memory” as primary message. Then I changed the settings of memory usage and finaly I still have crash but with this message :

—> Crash <—
Assertion: (m_dims.x == highResDims.x >> 1) && (m_dims.y == highResDims.y >> 1)
File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\Dx9\Dx9Tex.cpp(1153)

I would like to have an official answer like : We are aware and working on it or we know where it comes from and we try to fix it.

For now the only thing I see is that the forum is up for players to find solutions for other players…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: sirkus.1257

sirkus.1257

Low FPS…

I have two physical duel core processors on the system with GTX 560Ti. My FPS can range from 8 to 50.

DxDiag attached.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: RohanSA.6803

RohanSA.6803

Why has posts been moved to “crashing” thread? My game is not crashing it has low fps where it should really be high. It’s also not win 32bit problem as I am running win 7 64bit.

I am getting very low fps in pvp. in pve I am getting anything from 20 – 40 fps.
System:

AMD FX 8150
AMD 7850 GPU – Catalys 12.8
8GB Geil RAM
ASUS Crosshair V Mobo
Win 7 64 Bit

(edited by RohanSA.6803)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Really ?!? " I Lag..but but..i dont want to do anything about it and uninstalling drivers is SOoooo much work and it takes forever and i rather much complain about my low fps then try to take advice from people "

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Dutch Rental.8360

Dutch Rental.8360

running an gtx 550 ti also but my fps is stable at 50 – 80 on high settings not maxed
how about ur temps?

80 Guardian
Veteran of Far Shiverpeaks since headstart

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Raven Ghostwisperer.1856

Raven Ghostwisperer.1856

The average FPS on a system seems to be changing over the last weeks – not for the better.
On my main system (Intel i7 2.8GHz, 24GB DDR3 RAM, 2x Radeon 5870 in crossfire, Win7 64bit) the game is easily playable on maximum settings. My other system is a Mac Pro 5.5 (Dual Core 2, 4GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M, Win7 64bit).
Now to the performance:
On the main system I exerienced FPS drops this week. They do not happen at specific locations (i.e. with lots of people around, or near water) and usually last 1-2s.
On the Mac I had to go from lowest settings with 1280×800 resolution (had drops when too many players around as expected) to 1024×768 resolution in order to play at all.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

FX-8150 @4,7 GHz and stock Radeon 7850-oc. I get 45 fps low settings at Black Citadel. I am a bit amused right now.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Keats.9125

Keats.9125

The game has been running perfectly fine for me up until today when i downloaded the new update. Now i can’t get more then 15 fps on low settings, and i was playing with 40+ fps on almost max settings before server vent down for today’s patch. Something is definitely wrong.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mohawkward.7530

Mohawkward.7530

Crashing again here is my bug report

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Eygenaar.8751

Eygenaar.8751

I also got a massive performance regression with this patch – yesterday I was getting 30-60FPS, today it’s 7-15FPS. No changes in my system other than the GW2 patch, so this is clearly a bug of some sort.

Attached my dxdiag in case it’s useful.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: PTMxChoob.3972

PTMxChoob.3972

Hi guys , Pre Purchased game only to find out i cant run over 15fps… And if im in a city it hardly passes 8fps… I reach the recommended requirements for everything (processor is just on the tip though) and i cant run with almost everything off and on low!!!!
Seriously ANet said they were gonna fix this when game was out… obviously not , i pre purchased for nothing and i threw 50euros in the trash…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Your not the only one. When you go to ask for a refund they go “Wait! If its an FPS issue, try these things!” So they must be getting a lot of them lol.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: psyway.4356

psyway.4356

i installed new ati catalyst 12.8,and start to play gw 2 and similar major fps issues happen,about 10-20) but in worldmap fps goes steady 80.and i had 60-80 before 7th and 8th september patch.does somebody now whats the problem?game is almost unplayable since now fps is hardly 13 in crowded area,yestarday before last two patches was 55 and above in crowded area.
thank you eygenaar will try to revert on previous ati drivers

(edited by psyway.4356)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Eygenaar.8751

Eygenaar.8751

Follow-up – doing a display driver uninstall/reinstall fixed my performance issues.

Edit:

No, it didn’t. Initial performance on launching the game is fine, but after a while, or after visiting particular areas (Memorial Quadrant in the Black Citadel, for example) performance drops back to the ~10FPS range.

The particularly odd part is that once performance drops, it stays terrible until another game restart.

(edited by Eygenaar.8751)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Spitfire.4589

Spitfire.4589

My specs as follows:
16 gig ram
i7-3610QM @ 2.3 or 3.1 GHZ (Turbo)
Nvidia 670m

The performance is very inconsistent. I can be fighting with 50 people and the fps can be at 50 fps. But staring at a blank wall my fps can drop to 25fps and goes back to 80fps. Also by using the MSI afterburner tool, I notice that my GPU usage is going up and down (from 25% to 90%) When GPU usage is at 25% the framerate gets terrible.

As this is a laptop I have done the following:
Made sure Laptop is plugged in.
Used high perfomance power settings.
Selected Nvidia display adapter as the main device and put the power settings to max performance.

I am using the beta driver 306.02 but there’s not much improvement. Please help the game does not seem to be using the GPU correctly. I have used Batman and etc.. and with the MSI afterburner tool the GPU usage ranges from 80-90% which is correct.

Ok so I exchanged my laptop and lo and behold I have the same issue. The GPU usage is low…. when the GPU usage drops to below 40% the framerate is terrible. This definitively has to be either an engine problem or I have gotten 2 lemon MSI GT 70 laptops and the strange thing is other games and benchmark programs the GPU usage is at 80% and above….

Please help. This doesnt affect my Alienware M14x which has a 650m. This is a 675m laptop with 16 gigs of ram sigh.

Low FPS - [merged]

Magnificat.5439

Really ?!? " I Lag..but but..i dont want to do anything about it and uninstalling drivers is SOoooo much work and it takes forever and i rather much complain about my low fps then try to take advice from people "

look… i just reported that the last 1-2 patch killed my fps… assume, that i reinstall the drivers, or the whole windows…
opt. 1: i got my fps back… right until another patch kills it again
opt 2: nothing happens, and ive thrown a couple of hours of my life out on the window…

so please, as a software developer, and a customer, let me have the right to ask from arenanet to fix it whatever went wrong… its not my job. And I DONT want to debug and guess what do i need to do to fix the game, every time when a patch arrives…

so, again… I have the latest drivers, with the latest CAP… I have problem with the fps only in the last 2-3 days… so please fix it, i dont want to guess, what is wrong every time…