Much Power - Low Fps?

Much Power - Low Fps?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: adopekid.8092

adopekid.8092

Hello GW Com,

since I bought myself a new computer I’ve massive fps issues due playing Gw2.

I was running the game on iMac which wasn’t even half strong as my new computer,
with stable 40 up to 50 fps.

Intel Core i5-4570 @3,20GHz
8GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD7800 Series

While I reach about 15-25 fps @ Guil Wars 2, I am able to play Battlefield 3 at about 80fps+-

Do you know some tweaks or a fix for my problem?
Sry for my bad english, I am german!

Hope to hear from you guys, greetings sekkend!

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: Cenzuo.6328

Cenzuo.6328

This video I linked talks about getting a higher FPS in GW2, and he mentions your problem as well, if you don’t watch the video he basically says that getting a high FPS in GW2 comes from your processor (your CPU). Your graphics card and RAM look fine, but maybe the processor is your problem, now this isn’t the only solution but I read your post and thought of this video, I recommend watching it.

PS: the internet connecting might be iffy too…

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: xristosmk.5608

xristosmk.5608

Welcome to the club !! I already have a topic for this issue with somewhat same problem! Though i upgraded only my GFX card… ! I think you have a greater problem since you bought a new pc but the cause in my opinion is the same!! Something related to gw2 and how it handles “new” hardware …!

I’ve already created a support ticket and wait for some answer for it ! I’ll post it at my topic when i have anything new !!

Here is my topic…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Nvidia-AMD-graphics-card-low-performance/first#post2610089

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: Maze.3825

Maze.3825

What is your resolution and exact video card? 7850, 7870?

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: Sandid.8951

Sandid.8951

but maybe the processor is your problem,

seriously an i5-4570 is more than capable of running allthe recent games and those who will be out 5 years ahead !

have you seen the recommanded configuration for GW2 ? what is an adequate processor according to you for playing GW2 smoothly ?

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

This video I linked talks about getting a higher FPS in GW2, and he mentions your problem as well, if you don’t watch the video he basically says that getting a high FPS in GW2 comes from your processor (your CPU). Your graphics card and RAM look fine, but maybe the processor is your problem, now this isn’t the only solution but I read your post and thought of this video, I recommend watching it.

PS: the internet connecting might be iffy too…

I think these claims are bogus. If you simply monitor your CPU and GPU load while playing you’ll see them peak nowhere near maximum. Personally I’ve never seen over 65% load yet fps rarely exceeds ~35.

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

What drivers are you using for your GPU? If it’s the 13.8b drivers, rollback and you’ll be fine.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Much Power - Low Fps?

Posted by: vic.7065

vic.7065

That video has a lot of misinformation in it. There is no “magic” way to boost your FPS in GW2.

I suggest you check your hardware first since 15fps average FPS is extremely low even for a midrange computer (Use Prime95 and Furmark). If the issue isn’t related to heat or faulty hardware, you should start running benchmarks like 3dmark to determine how fast your computer is compared to simliar configurations.

(edited by vic.7065)