Nov 1st Patch causing Crashing, Need a Fix.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ludarac.8397

Ludarac.8397

After spending a good chunk of time on the forums have have seen multiple threads/comments on major issues with the November 1st patch, specifically that as soon as you open the guild wars 2 launcher it crashes your PC.

I am also having this issue and cannot seem to fix it.

The game has been running fine up to this patch with no issues.

Something in this patch has caused this major issue and we need a dev to help/ at least acknowledge the issue ASAP.

Post in this thread if you are also having this or similar issues with the patch so we can get some answers.

Posted by: Amargosa.4625

Amargosa.4625

I concurr. i got the same problem.
In the beginning the game was running always fine.
I didn’t change anything on my system and it recently began that GW2 randomly crashes. No matter where in the game it just happens.
I checked overheating, drivers, Win7 updates.

Everything is on normal and up to date, no beta drivers, no OC.

Kodash is the place where we meet.

Ludarac.8397

24 hrs since i posted this and no word from Anet, looking good guys

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

yeah definitely needs some looking into. Has there been any tickets submitted? I have not submitted one, but I will tomorrow.

Posted by: MrTiggs.9165

MrTiggs.9165

I have experienced this as well. Usually just when playing my level 80. It happens mostly when I teleport between zones using a waypoint, but also has happened while just wandering around.

Additionally, I am forced to verify my archive EVERY time I start the game. The message indicates that the game did not shut down properly last time, even if it did. If this is in some way related, it would be awesome to know. It would also be awesome if there’s something I can do about that.

The next time my game crashes I’ll post as much of my error log as the forum will let me. That might help get a response from Anet.

Posted by: Aerdeen.7162

Aerdeen.7162

same here dont know why and i have lagggsss after this

Posted by: pamelakd.3107

pamelakd.3107

I created another topic, but just found this. Yes. I have the same issues since last update.

Ludarac.8397

yeah definitely needs some looking into. Has there been any tickets submitted? I have not submitted one, but I will tomorrow.

I have sent multiple tickets and error logs, still no reply T_T

Posted by: pamelakd.3107

pamelakd.3107

I send an error log every time it occurs. I hope it’s fixed soon. The game is almost unplayable.

Posted by: Vanguardian.8429

Vanguardian.8429

Having same issue, but mine started at phase 3 of the Halloween event. Happens most often during zoning and is random can play for 3 to 30 mins before I crash.

Ludarac.8397

I send an error log every time it occurs. I hope it’s fixed soon. The game is almost unplayable.

Almost is an understatement, Literally as soon as i open the GW2 launcher, its locks my PC, everything was fine till the patch, then first time i go to play after the patch….. no more GW2.

Posted by: Tesone.1569

Tesone.1569

I’m also having this issue. At first the crashes got shorter and shorter. Now its completely random. I know it’s not my PC, everything else and other games are working just fine. I’ll have to send in a ticket as well, I can’t play like this.

Posted by: Shadyia.8706

Shadyia.8706

Same. Game crashes and crashes. I did the “black screen” advice with NVIDIA and it makes no difference.

All other programs on my computer work fine.

Please fix this!

Posted by: Shadyia.8706

Shadyia.8706

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: I updated my NVIDIA graphic card to latest, ran from Administrator, and then GW2 ran fine. Dono if that was a cure or a coincidence, but…just wanted to share.

Posted by: Boxy.3824

Boxy.3824

alot of crashes is due to graphic drivers, especially the newest from nvidia is causing problems in several games, i’m still rocking the 304.79 driver since it gives far superior performance over any other driver

Posted by: MrTiggs.9165

MrTiggs.9165

I’m running an AMD Radeon 6800 series. Drivers version 12.8. While I was checking on my driver version I did see that a new 12.10 update came out at some point. I’ll update my driver and see if that helps.

Posted by: Vanathi.3856

Vanathi.3856

I am also constantly crashing with the 7:1000:7006:836:10 error code. Google come up with a thread on guru saying it was fixed in a patch. Never had the error until today and I haven’t played much since the Nov 1 patch… until today.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I can’t even login anymore. Every time I launch GW2 it crashes immediately now. Sent multiple error logs.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

I submitted the request and of course got a response that was unsatisfactory and instead asked me to download this and that to verify. Why the problem is not associated to the Guild Wars 2 server and not everyone else is a good question?

Posted by: nbvcxz.9248

nbvcxz.9248

Seems like my problem is alot better? I get Random Crashes while playing. Sometimes it says Guildwar2.bin not working. Somtimes it just crashes when i was using waypoint to teleport to some places.

Anyone else got the same issue?

I have updated my Nvidia Driver too. I am running on 2x GTX 660 SLI Top edition.

Scar
Guild Leader | Raid Commander of Organization Zero | [Zero]
The official Seige Master of Crystal Desert