Please help me find a laptop?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Hello, I’m looking for a new laptop for under 1k.

Really, I’m fine with running GW2 on low settings but running it at medium or higher is definitely a plus. All I require is at least 40 fps.

I’m noobish when it comes to computers but I’m told that i5 is pretty good. I’d like something with 1920×1020 res, just anything that isn’t 1366×798 crap.

Thanks in advance!

(all people who helps will get gold in-game, because I appreciate helpful people)

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Posted by: Brutelas.2903

Brutelas.2903

Hey, you should check out the MSI GE60. I just bought it two weeks ago and love it I play guild wars high settings at 1080p resolution mind you shaders and shadows on medium. stays steady 60 fps in PvE and 20-30 fps in WvW. It is just under 200 over your 1k budget but honestly worth the tid bit extra investment, i’ll post a link of where I bought it it’ll have all the info you need and the price I paid.

Note it’s a Canadian store local to my area, not sure if America has better deals or not but thought this may help. Its worth the extra nudge over your 1k budget, I love this computer, also has a steelseries blue backlit keyboard very nice!

Hope this helps

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX46883

Edit: Forgot to mention no cooling issues at all, even has a turbo cool button, I experience no throttle issues at all and ambient temperature in my house has been a steady 20-30C since I got it.

Brutelas Lvl 80 Revenant
DragonBrand
Dawn Of The Sacred Knights [DAWN]

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I don’t suggest laptops for gaming as a main gaming pc because the high temperatures from continuously gaming affects the life of parts inside laptop , but if the situations need to buy a laptop the price of the above laptop is very good and it will play for sure the game smoothly ….. today

in three years I don’t know

Azunai.5974

Hey, you should check out the MSI GE60. I just bought it two weeks ago and love it I play guild wars high settings at 1080p resolution mind you shaders and shadows on medium. stays steady 60 fps in PvE and 20-30 fps in WvW. It is just under 200 over your 1k budget but honestly worth the tid bit extra investment, i’ll post a link of where I bought it it’ll have all the info you need and the price I paid.

Note it’s a Canadian store local to my area, not sure if America has better deals or not but thought this may help. Its worth the extra nudge over your 1k budget, I love this computer, also has a steelseries blue backlit keyboard very nice!

Hope this helps

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX46883

Edit: Forgot to mention no cooling issues at all, even has a turbo cool button, I experience no throttle issues at all and ambient temperature in my house has been a steady 20-30C since I got it.

Oh sweet, that’s actually a nice laptop! I already picked a lenovo y500, but that’s a solid alternative, mainly for cooling. Always hated the heat issues. Thanks a ton, I’ll keep it in mind just in case. (:

Azunai.5974

I don’t suggest laptops for gaming as a main gaming pc because the high temperatures from continuously gaming affects the life of parts inside laptop , but if the situations need to buy a laptop the price of the above laptop is very good and it will play for sure the game smoothly ….. today

in three years I don’t know

Ah yeah, as I am a user of laptops since I was 12, I’m well aware of the problems and limitations when it comes to pc gaming. I’m just too used to laptops that I won’t ever feel right until I’m kicking some kitten in WvW with a touchpad and elementalist.

And another reason is I expect to move a bit in the next year.

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

“I’d like something with 1920×1020 res, just anything that isn’t 1366×798 crap.”

What if i tell you that you can get a 15 inch screen full hd with a 1366×798 resolution ?
Also a 15 inch screen is far beter for gaming than any other 17+ inch laptop. Since you don’t overload the gpu. And the images just look the same. (hd is hd anyway).
Also the price will be bigger if you want a bigger screen.