Serious optimisation problems...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Fatmancantrun.6451

Fatmancantrun.6451

Hello I have a realy high end pc, and yet on medium graphics ingame i’m lucky to get 13 fps… I have an AMD 9730 8 core 4.41 ghz processor, an amd radeon HD r9 280x graphics card, 32 gigs of ddr3 1866 Mhz ram, and the things installed on a high speed SSD…. I can run crysis on Verry high MSAA x16 getting 40 fps and MSAA x8 getting 60 to 80 fps… this game is no where near as demanding as Crysis graphicaly… and yet standing still in queensdale i get 13 fps… i dont understand… please try to optimise this game a bit better do a patch that makes it more optimisable for AMD computers my old intell one which rated in at half this systems power on the windows system rating could run this game ( a year ago) at 120 fps on max settings and 280 fps on min settings…

Fatmancantrun.6451

I have never seen frame rates this low on any online game on this pc other than this one

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Character Model Limit: Lowest
Character Model Quality: Low

This is an MMO, not an FPS. Player character models are complex and taxing.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Fatmancantrun.6451

i used to get much better frame rate on a far inferior pc….. not to mention i’ve played lotro, ( back when Shadow of mordor was new) never had issues there, Entropia ( which is a cryengine 2 based MMO) no framerate issues there, i’ve played warframe, i’ve played diablo, i’ve played neverwinter, rift, war thunder, never had any FPS issues…. this is the sole game i’ve ever had fps issues this bad…

Fatmancantrun.6451

i’ve played tera rising, defiance, Age of Wushu…. most of the games i’ve listed above and in this message are higher graphics than this one… yet this is the only one i cant get more than 20 fps on medium…

Fatmancantrun.6451

Star Citizen i managed to get 80 fps and thats a cryengine 3 based mmo

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Character Model Limit: Lowest
Character Model Quality: Low

This is an MMO, not an FPS. Player character models are complex and taxing.

That was part of my settings, which were good, before September Feat Pack.

Now, I have to put Quality to lowest to eliminate part of framerate drops…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Fatmancantrun.6451

My whole point was i used to get 160 FPS on an inferior computer with every single graphic setting on max ( except gama) in a crowded town… it makes no sense that now i cant get more than 30 fps on a realy high end computer while everythings on low… this game needs to work on its optimisation I’m not the only one complaining about this

Fatmancantrun.6451

BTW that 30 fps is when i’m alone in the open world with no one around me

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This is an issue best served over in the Tech Support sub-forum.

Good luck.

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

13fps on that system is too low, there is something wrong. Probably your pcie connection staying at 1x rather than 16x

[ICoa] Blackgate

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Don’t think he’s interested in help if he’s sporting an FX-9730 and a R9 280×. He’s simply blowing steam.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Fatmancantrun.6451

Don’t think he’s interested in help if he’s sporting an FX-9730 and a R9 280×. He’s simply blowing steam.

Dude wtf is wrong with that processor and GFX card… they are 2 of the top on the market… AMD is perfectly fine for gaming… dont be a douch on the forums please

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Dude wtf is wrong with that processor and GFX card… they are 2 of the top on the market… AMD is perfectly fine for gaming… dont be a douch on the forums please

Exactly, nothing is wrong with your CPU and video card. And sadly this game needs only a fraction of it’s abilities and is limited not by graphics but individual core performance. And while the FX-9xxx is the fastest that AMD has, and is fairly competitive with Intel when all cores are occupied, in this game where there is only a few CPU intensive threads, core speed wins the day and that isn’t the strong suit with AMD’s FX line, which is more but slower cores. As it is the overall core performance of the FX-9590, the big brother of your 9370, is only 70% the performance of a core in the lowly Pentium G3258, at stock speeds, and your CPU is slower still.

But I know, from other threads with upset FX- owners, that you don’t want to hear that. That there is nothing you can do to improve your performance because this game wasn’t designed to scale across many cores, doesn’t take advantage of newer Dx APIs which also limits how multithreaded the rendering code can be and due to where the code is bound, throwing more GPU power at it doesn’t do much at all.

That means all you can do, is rail against the “serious optimization problems” because other than switching to an Intel platform with it’s faster cores, your setup is at a wall. The game is “optimized” for few cores. It’s not Intel’s fault that their cores run so much faster than AMD’s.

And as for my attitude, I’m not the one who posted 8 times in a 13 post thread complaining about the game’s engine. It’s limitations are well known after 2 years and since I know there is nothing you will be willing to do to improve your situation here, because otherwise it’s a very good gaming system, all you can do is blow off some steam.

I’m sorry if my attitude bothered you but there is nothing anyone can do for you here. You have a Ferrari when the uneven dirt road we all drive on is better suited for a Jeep or a pickup.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Behellagh is correct, albeit sadly
GW2 is pretty much not going to change performance wise, which most of us predicted year(s) ago.
I had an X6 1055t that I had OC’d to 3.5 and upgraded to my current i7. It was night and day. Intel just has stronger single core performance
Good luck to you OP The good news is that newer games do take advantage of multicores more efficiently so that is a bonus for AMD users I suppose

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

It’s the “net” coding. I understand the “N-squared” problem, but WoW did a much better job with it. I still believe the “net” coding could be optimized to result in greatly improved performance – they just need to figure out how to do it.

Seriously, when I was playing WoW, we ran 40-man raids on single-core processors with great performance. A-net is doing something wrong here in regards to how more players around causes more massive FPS drops.

I believe it can be fixed, they just need to change how the “number of players around” code works. I also think a view distance slider would help. It was there in WoW and could make a HUGE difference in FPS.

But, that’s just my opinion.