So whats with the horrible nvidia drivers and game optimization

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: slapandtikle.8145

slapandtikle.8145

just saying from the GTX660 to GTX550 bad tearing frame drops and artifacts, i will give you its getting better the artifacting has improved a large amount since i started playing (the betas and release day one) but still Large groups in WvW e.g taking down doors with high battle effects just rapes any card. i dont know how to blame might be bad coding on your side or Nvidia drivers are just kitten house god know they haven’t released a stable driver in 3 months, non the less its a poor performance on both ends.

Please work on such issues as a high priority

Thanks
Slap and tickle

Posted by: Zelta.6829

Zelta.6829

It sounds like an overheating issue, run GPU-Z and see what temperatures you are getting. The 306.02 beta drivers are not particularly optimised for GW2, but Nvidia’s driver release schedule is worse than Blizzard’s game releases.

Technically the ‘beta’ drivers are stable, the only reason why it’s dubbed beta, is because they haven’t send it to Microsoft to be digitally signed.

slapandtikle.8145

A i did not know about they only difference was a MS signature Thanks Zelta, just a fun fact someone broken it to MS mainframe and stall master signature they where used to allow Virus through, every MS server 2008 had to update is signature list lol><. so MS sigs are about as useful askitten on a bull.

No my issue inst hardware related i monitor my external and internal devices thoroughly, its ether arena net coding or Nvidia crap, i here alot of issues from Nvidia Users and ATI users seem to be going smooth so i am more pointing to those Nvidia culprits.

Zelta.6829

Actually, non-MS signed drivers often cause problems with rivatuner.

The game is not properly optimised, let’s just hope they will fix it soon. A prime example of a high end game that is well coded is Max Payne 3, but then again, Rockstar has a much higher budget.

Posted by: Intelliraptor.5328

Intelliraptor.5328

ATI are just as bad. There has been NO new driver since gw2 and their beta is currently older then their release. I’ve been unable to play since the 3-day early opening and Arenanet is prioritizing on hacked accounts and openly admitting theyre not paying much attention to this issue, it’s starting to get very frustrating. Just look on the forums and you will see users of both card type complaining of very low fps when they have great systems.

Posted by: tbrunt.8036

tbrunt.8036

I am having no problem at all. I have a EVGA GTX670 going at 100+ fps. I am using 301.25 . Go to the control panel and slect the GW2.exe there see if that helps you out.

slapandtikle.8145

I am having no problem at all. I have a EVGA GTX670 going at 100+ fps. I am using 301.25 . Go to the control panel and slect the GW2.exe there see if that helps you out.

Where and how where ya monitoring your frames ?, not trying to be rude but its not hard to get 100fps when your staring at a wall there is noting to be processed.

Zelta.6829

How will control panel help with framerates?

I know a few guildies who claim they run at 100+ even in WvW, running i5 2500k @ around 4.2 and 600 series cards. I am running 3570k @ 4.5 and heavily OCed 670, and not getting nearly as high as that. Hovering around 60-70 ish. 50 in WvW.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

How will control panel help with framerates?

I know a few guildies who claim they run at 100+ even in WvW, running i5 2500k @ around 4.2 and 600 series cards. I am running 3570k @ 4.5 and heavily OCed 670, and not getting nearly as high as that. Hovering around 60-70 ish. 50 in WvW.

When it comes to the control panel , setting things back to default solves A LOT of issues for most ppl.

As for 100FPS in WvW even @4.5ghz and a gtx 670/80 no one will be getting 100FPS at full or even medium settings in a keep battle , not with Havok physics engine running no way,unless they are looking up into the sky constantly .

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Zelta, you made my day)
Max Payne 3)
Godkitten/p>