Sound and graphic lag after Megaservers.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gwaymor.4835

Gwaymor.4835

Subj, actually, and hello everyone.

To elaborate: I’m running win7, and yes, my PC is a bit old, but the game ran perfectly fine before the Megaservers on medium settings (along with running almost every other recently developed game, barring the most intensive, excellently).
Now the game constantly lags even on low settings (and looks, pardon my French, absolutely crappy) , sound lags, stutters or is totally absent, player and non-player characters are VERY sporadically rendered (usually invisible for extended periods of time after entering my FoV), and so on and so forth.

Is there anything I can do to remedy all that? Besides buying a new PC and setting up top-notch internet connection. My funds are quite low at the moment, so I really can do neither of the two.

Gwaymor.4835

Not a slightest?.. sorry for the bump.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Buy a new PC. And this time not a crappy laptop but at least a medium desktop :p

What do you expect as answer if you don’t even post what your current PC has as hardware ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

Buy a new PC. And this time not a crappy laptop but at least a medium desktop :p

What do you expect as answer if you don’t even post what your current PC has as hardware ?

That’s really not a solution to the lag problems since the megaservers.

For example, I have an i7 processor, 32 gig Ram, an ssd, 2 very large hd, GTX 780ti and a wired connection. Can’t play at all a good deal of the time. Never had trouble before the mega server patch. Have no trouble in other games. And it matters not how the in game graphics are set.

The patch did nothing more than eliminate the tag that told you you were in an overflow server and just dumps the maximum number of people there with no further tweaks or recoding to account for the increase in population.

Gwaymor.4835

Thank you, Keta. I don’t suppose any of us mortals (read: non-Anet employees) could fix the problem you describe?:( Even though my post about this isn’t the only one, if I’m not mistaken.

Gwaymor.4835

Thought as much. Oh well, thanks anet for taking my money, letting me play for less than 3 month and then flushing it all down the drain.
Eh, no big loss, the game was, to say the least, uninspiring.
Have fun, everyone:).