Unable to login

Unable to login

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: theweedaman.9835

theweedaman.9835

Hi. I’m unable to log back into Guild Wars 2. I was just logged in and playing, after the patch. I took a 30 minute break and tried logging back in, but it comes back with: GW2 has encountered an error. The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time….. I’ve rebooted, checked startup items (nothing malicious), turned my firewall off to test, but no luck.
Windows 8 x64
8GB RAM

Unable to login

Posted by: Asahi.5380

Asahi.5380

Hi. I’m unable to log back into Guild Wars 2. I was just logged in and playing, after the patch. I took a 30 minute break and tried logging back in, but it comes back with: GW2 has encountered an error. The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time….. I’ve rebooted, checked startup items (nothing malicious), turned my firewall off to test, but no luck.
Windows 8 x64
8GB RAM

I got the same problem here since the update, maybe after the update, the servers must be overworked and are not able to support the number of players, who knows. I’m kinda frustated because I bought the game yesterday and was playing fine and having fun, and now this.

Unable to login

Posted by: Dandelyn.1362

Dandelyn.1362

I’m having trouble logging in as well. I just finished updating my client from the patch, but when I try to click play, the client freezes up. I was wondering if others were having the same issue.

Unable to login

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

I got the same problem here since the update, maybe after the update, the servers must be overworked and are not able to support the number of players, who knows. I’m kinda frustated because I bought the game yesterday and was playing fine and having fun, and now this.

You’re in for quite a ride, trust me.

I’ve been a player since 2 days after launch, and I’ve yet to see this kind of “developing” since Warhammer Online.

Unable to login

Posted by: theweedaman.9835

theweedaman.9835

I was able to sign back in about 1 hour 25min ago. Been playing since than with minimal lag. Hopefully everybody else was able to get back on.

Unable to login

Posted by: Asahi.5380

Asahi.5380

I spend most of the time trying to log into the game instead of playing, then when i can log in game I can’t go to another map without the same problem occurs.

Unable to login

Posted by: Tiuvath.2013

Tiuvath.2013

I spend most of the time trying to log into the game instead of playing, then when i can log in game I can’t go to another map without the same problem occurs.

I had a similar issue, what finally worked was restarting my modem/router.
No idea why, but it worked for a few others aswell.

Good luck