Unusual lag issue

Unusual lag issue

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Steakpuncher.1603

Steakpuncher.1603

Hello everyone.

I’m hoping to see if someone on here can provide me with some help I am having with a latency issue. At random intervals I start lagging ingame, it seems to happen for no reason and the lag is so bad that pressing a skill button results in a 1-3 minute delay before the skill actually casts.

I’ve looked into the issue extensively on my own but cannot find anything causing the problem.

I’ve ran speedtests, pingtests, traceroutes, pings and all of them come back perfectly fine. I tried running a traceroute to the server tonight when the issue happened again and it showed absolutely 0 problems with all response times coming back at under 40ms and no packets dropped at all.

The issue only started happening in the last few weeks, although I have not played for a while so this might not be exact.

Due to my house layout I am stuck using WIFI at the moment. However my girlfriends computer which sits about 2 feet from mine is generally ok with lag although she does get the odd disconnect (they happen at different times so there is no correlation)

The thing is when the lag does start, restarting the game instantly fixes it, and even logging out to character select seems to fix it for a short while. If I remain ingame while lagging it seems to be “permenant” in that it tries to catch up, but never seems to be able to fix itself.

Someone also suggested deleting a file called “Local.dat” from my “AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2” folder and I tried this and thought it may have fixed the problem yesterday, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case today.

I’m just wondering if anyone can suggest any other possible causes? I’m trying to get hold of a very long CAT5 cable in order to test wired.

The only other thing to add is that everything else works 100% perfectly fine while the lag is going on. I’ve even tried other games and they run great as well. The thing that is really throwing me is the fact that a game restart fixes it, which makes me think it is someone up with the game. Perhaps a reinstall?

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

If this has only started today or yesterday, id be more inclined to say this was a server issue, as a lot of people I game with have been suddenly hit with random lag, hell even tonight in WvW my skills stopped working, I could do everything else, I just couldn’t cast anything, it took about 5 mins for it to clear, other’s have been complaining about the same thing.

Unusual lag issue

Steakpuncher.1603

It’s been going on for the last week or so to be honest. I’m not sure about it being server lag either as me and my girlfriend were both on just now and I was lagging hopelessly and she was playing just fine.

However the chat was working perfectly, I could send her messages in party chat and they appeared instantly. However none of my skills would cast and I could not interact with any NPC’s or objects.

I’m on the Aurora Glade server and I haven’t heard of one other person complain about lag :/

Unusual lag issue

Ok I Did It.2854

I know the exact type of lag your on about, chat works, way pointing works, Black market works, the only thing that doesn’t work is your skills.

Several people on SoR ( NA ) have been complaining about it this last few days.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I have been having the exact problem you describe, and you have no idea how much it relieves me to find someone else with the same complaint. No one else on Sea of Sorrows seems to know what I’m talking about when I try to explain it.

My skills will queue but never activate and I won’t be able to interact with NPCs or bundles, but my character can move normally and the chatbox merrily updates as usual. I’ve repeatedly checked my ping and Internet connection during these lagouts, but I always seem to be getting 30-50 fps and as soon as I relog or finally disconnect/reconnect, it’s fixed.

I’m inclined to blame the December 10th patch, as I never had this type of lag problem before then.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: SimpleHari.2968

SimpleHari.2968

Same here kinda sucks though

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

This could be a regional thing, by some chance you are all on the same ISP, or or it could be a server issue. It is a good idea to post your region (city country), your ISP, does your system connect over WiFi or a cable, any ping paths or trace routs you have done, and the server you play on when posting lag issues of any kind.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Unusual lag issue

Steakpuncher.1603

I’m inclined to blame the December 10th patch, as I never had this type of lag problem before then.

Yeah, the last time I played was when the toxic tower event thing had started, and I was fine then. Stopped for a a while and came back and it was like this.

Advice I got from someone else was to delete the file “Local.dat” in your “\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2” I’ve done this twice now and it “appears” to have fixed it both times, although it could be a coincidence and the lag will eventually stop after restarting the game a few times.

Also, I left myself ingame last night when the lag kicked in and I eventually got kicked out with the “7:11:3:189:101” error.

Unusual lag issue

Steakpuncher.1603

This could be a regional thing, by some chance you are all on the same ISP, or or it could be a server issue. It is a good idea to post your region (city country), your ISP, does your system connect over WiFi or a cable, any ping paths or trace routs you have done, and the server you play on when posting lag issues of any kind.

I don’t think it is an ISP or regional issue as I can play in the exact same room mas my girlfriend and I will lag while she does not. I can be stood right next to her, unable to use skills or interact with anything while she is perfectly fine. Also while the lag is happening ingame chat functions perfectly fine.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I don’t think it is an ISP or regional issue as I can play in the exact same room mas my girlfriend and I will lag while she does not. I can be stood right next to her, unable to use skills or interact with anything while she is perfectly fine. Also while the lag is happening ingame chat functions perfectly fine.

Then it’s quite possibly a system issues, see if your network drivers are up to date. Also do you run anything in the background that uses the internet, check for internet hijacking viruses.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Unusual lag issue

Ok I Did It.2854

Happened again today in WvW, everything worked but the skills, thing is the skills are not Q’ing up like you see with other lag issues, they just don’t do anything at all, no icon refresh nothing,

A friend on a completely different server has also got this, and told me the only way they could fix it was to jump from somewhere high and die thus forcing a reload into the map ( via WP )

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Same issue just started happening for me.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: andy.7813

andy.7813

For few past weeks I also have this strange in game lag. I can move but all the game around me just stops. I cant use skills as well, it does last few seconds than game gets back to normal until next lag spike. Any other online game does not lag like that while I am playing. I see that lots of people does have similar lag problems, is this an issue on Anet end? I dint lag in GW2 like that since game release.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Ralph.2038

Ralph.2038

I have this lag for almost a week now. We are playing in Asia. Skills fire too late, I get teleported back and forth. even damage counters register late. It sucks to have a fast internet connection and suffering from these kind of issues.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

I can’t even log in today at all =(

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

yeah, i started having lag issues a few days ago also. it only happens when i am near large groups of people.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Yes I have to relog my game every minute. It’s so god kitten frustrating.

I pinged multiple sites as well with the start menu “ping www._________._” and all of which except for www.guildwars2.com have given me consistent results. www.guildwars2.com timed out multiple times.

(edited by Avelos.6798)

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

having terrible lags since beginning of the week, and only me, my friends from other countries hav it too, so don think its my internet, this is very very frustrating, anet plz fix ur stuff

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

At least I now know I’m not the only one experiencing these crazy lag spikes. Even today, my underwater weapons are coming out and im not even in water… They also don’t go away when I leave the water for a minute or so… Anet, this is not cool. (central US, Yaks bend)

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Armageddon.3521

Armageddon.3521

I’ve been getting this insane lag for the past week or so now chat works fine but i cant do anything ingame its not my internet as everything else is working fine.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Reilem.5910

Reilem.5910

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

A friend in my guild suggested using a Leatrix fix and it so far has helped my issue a bit. Even dropped my ping a bit too.

http://www.leatrix.com/leatrix-latency-fix

It takes like a minute from download to install if you have a USB network adapter otherwise just restart your computer and it’s active.

Unusual lag issue

Posted by: Caleel.5372

Caleel.5372

I have been having this issue as well. I haven’t played in a while so I’m probably behind on the times. I went through tech support and they basically said to go to my ISP. But my fiance’s computer is literally right next to mine and we’re both hard-lined into the router. He has 0 problems with his game.

Anyone find a solution or did you all stop playing out of frustration?