WORKAROUND, Character hide hotkey for more FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: funforums.4850

funforums.4850

In Aion Character rendering was also slower than the world rendering, because of the CPU. There was a magic hotkey (SHIFT+F12 i think) that hidden all the allied characters making them invisible, apart from their name and legion, that was still displayed (with no performance impact). Only the enemies were displayed.
This was pretty much useful on lower spec computers during zerg matches and castle sieges.
Since we are experiencing character rendering lag, in the meantime that ANet fixes the character rendering (if they ever do), I was thinking about this work around: implement this hotkey in GW2 too.
This would make people stand the WvWvW framerates that on mid-specs machines are EXTREMELY low (3 fps lowest in zerg sieges with i3 + 540m).

What do you think about? Anet? Anybody?

Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.5 GHz – 4GB RAM – GTX 470
Windows 8 Professional

(edited by funforums.4850)

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Well i did said same thing some days ago but just got ignored. Totally agreed with this. To me this is the best solution for low end PC out there. I get 40-50 FPS when no one is around me so if u have that option there should be no reason not to have 30-40 FPS
Specs: Core 2 Duo 2.66 gh 4g RAM GTX 560TI end btw don’t tell me my pc is to old cause it do great on any game in the market today. ONLY GW2 give me problems.
This is MMO end it should be playable with any PC in last 5 years

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: Mightynandui.3467

Mightynandui.3467

While this can be a solution, I think it’s a bit game breaker.

Playing without seeing the other characters breaks the immersion and seems a poor solution. However, if ANet can’t fix their engine this should be a good workaround.

Zee.1294

Well if u dint play AION here how works :
Press Shift + F12 All chars disappear except your target end your party but u see there names . Simple end keeps FPS up full time. . At this point we need any help we can get end having one more option in your list wont break the game.

funforums.4850

Well if u dint play AION here how works :
Press Shift + F12 All chars disappear except your target end your party but u see there names . Simple end keeps FPS up full time. . At this point we need any help we can get end having one more option in your list wont break the game.

Actually, you could also see the names of your allies around you, without their bodies, just to know they were there; and by “allies” i mean people that are on your side, but not in your party.

Please Anet, just listen to somebody that just can’t stand with this FPS anymore.
I waited so long for this game faithfully, because it has the best PVP balance ever seen, but.. god, I’m soooo disappointed now that I can’t play PVP decently.

Anet, just give us a word from one of your team members, let us know if this proposal has been at least considered, and if it is scrapped, just tell us why.
I’m a software developer too, and i see that there are some nonfunctional requirements that are to be respected.. and I actually SEE that this workaround just makes the game lose its immersivity, but.. god, playing at 3FPS it’s not funny at all, so maybe instead of playing a broken game we will just stop playing WvWvW.

ANet, give us a word about this!

Windows 8 Professional

funforums.4850

UP for some guy in ArenaNet reading this?

Windows 8 Professional

Posted by: Elysios.9274

Elysios.9274

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/We-need-the-effect-command-that-was-used-in-Aion-there-is-no-forum-for-this-so-I-put-it-here/first#post15317

Check my topic.. is about the /effect command used in Aion also.. that could alot.. when the fight was over 100 people on each side using “/effect” plus “Shift+F12” was the best solution and was totally playable.. you can still see all players names but not their characters ( from your team ) and the framerate was playable

WvsWvsW right now can take my fps to even 4 or 5 and that’s just game breaking

Posted by: gosu.8153

gosu.8153

Terrible idea. WvW is heavily focused on teamwork.
I do not want useless players on my team running around with invisible allies.
I don’t care if you think you can play well with invisible allies. It’s a serious handicap.

Zee.1294

Well if u dont want invisible allies then don’t press the hot key. What part of OPTION u don’t understand…

Posted by: gosu.8153

gosu.8153

Well if u dont want invisible allies then don’t press the hot key. What part of OPTION u don’t understand…

lol. Seems like you are the one who can’t comprehend.
My post wasn’t about me having the option. It’s the fact that there will be worthless players bringing down the whole team because they are playing with invisible allies.

Zee.1294

With the FPS problem people have there are lots of worthless players anyway

Posted by: Elysios.9274

Elysios.9274

lol. Seems like you are the one who can’t comprehend.
My post wasn’t about me having the option. It’s the fact that there will be worthless players bringing down the whole team because they are playing with invisible allies.

You don’t get it.. you still can see their names.. so you know their position and how many people you have with you.. Aion had this command and it was really usefull ( Aion was made by Ncsoft also btw )

funforums.4850

Terrible idea. WvW is heavily focused on teamwork.
I do not want useless players on my team running around with invisible allies.
I don’t care if you think you can play well with invisible allies. It’s a serious handicap.

Because playing with teammates that cannot neither see movements because they are playing at photo-frame speed is not a serious handicap, isn’t it?

Windows 8 Professional

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

No No and NO!This was one of the most lazy workarounds in AION.I hated it in AION that you only saw player names.Arena net needs to optimize the game and not use cheap tricks to make FPS better.

funforums.4850

No No and NO!This was one of the most lazy workarounds in AION.I hated it in AION that you only saw player names.Arena net needs to optimize the game and not use cheap tricks to make FPS better.

It’s a workaround to make the game playable IN THE MEANTIME they fix the performance issues. It’s said in the first post, if you read.

Windows 8 Professional