Will my new computer run guild wars 2 smoothly?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kalec.6589

Kalec.6589

BCDragon.5614 please understand. Your system will not run GW2 smoothly. At lowest settings, it looks terrible. In your case 30-35fps is not good at all, at lowest settings. That there is poor in any terms.
What you get now for the price you paid, will get you 60fps at 1920×1080 with Best Apperance settings.

Not sure where you bought this system, but it is not built by you, nor a custom built.
Why is it hard to understand what help is or understand that the system you got is wrong to teach you the correct way to get a system for what you paid.

Dont feel ashamed that the system you bought is overpriced. The sale person that sold it to you, was his fault that took your money. They knew this from the start.

There is ways to fix this and not cost more money, and increase the quality of what GW2 and others will look and feel.

Be nice to know what brand the PC is and where you got from. That will help a lot.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Some people were far too rude, but that does not mean you should discount the opinions of those who have been polite.

And to answer the question – no, not really. Your GPU will struggle on most settings.

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614 please understand. Your system will not run GW2 smoothly. At lowest settings, it looks terrible. In your case 30-35fps is not good at all, at lowest settings. That there is poor in any terms.
What you get now for the price you paid, will get you 60fps at 1920×1080 with Best Apperance settings.

Not sure where you bought this system, but it is not built by you, nor a custom built.
Why is it hard to understand what help is or understand that the system you got is wrong to teach you the correct way to get a system for what you paid.

Dont feel ashamed that the system you bought is overpriced. The sale person that sold it to you, was his fault that took your money. They knew this from the start.

There is ways to fix this and not cost more money, and increase the quality of what GW2 and others will look and feel.

Be nice to know what brand the PC is and where you got from. That will help a lot.

Where I got it from is no one’s business and what part of I am not looking to replace parts did you not understand?

BCDragon.5614

Some people were far too rude, but that does not mean you should discount the opinions of those who have been polite.

And to answer the question – no, not really. Your GPU will struggle on most settings.

That’s funny, its running perfectly fine now.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

We don’t want you to replace parts, we want you to take it back and get something actually worth the amount that you paid for it.

BCDragon.5614

We don’t want you to replace parts, we want you to take it back and get something actually worth the amount that you paid for it.

Well that’s not gonna happen either…what part of that don’t you get?

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Will it run the game? Yes
Will it run the game smoothly? No.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Kalec.6589

Well that’s not gonna happen either…what part of that don’t you get?

Well why not. You give no reason. Why would you spend that money, to get a system of low end.
You can get a better system for half the cost, and use the rest of the money for something else.

I dont not understand why you would do this?

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

Kalec.6589

After looking more closely the system you have I think is the Gateway DX4860-EF23P with a 5400rpm HDD, which is for gaming.
Which is sold at Futreshop in canada, one of the worst place to buy a PC. As they are 100% commission sales. (I use to work there)
Sells for $599 CAD
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/gateway-gateway-2nd-gen-intel-core-i5-2320-desktop-computer-dx4860-ef23p-dx4860-ef23p/10207077.aspx

$2200 on it. BCDragon (BC= British Columbia)
So you are in my area, and I can tell you that it is not worth spending on that system, if you paid $2200.

(edited by Kalec.6589)

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Probably bought it from a family member :P

But seriosly. We may not have given you the specific answere you wanted. But when you openly put out details liek the price and such. You should expect people to comment on it.. specialy when its as overpriced as it is here.

We mean no disrespect…well some might ..but this is the interwebs :P

in any case. We have told you ..so ..moving on

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: Simon De Borovsk.7460

Simon De Borovsk.7460

you know guys, his computer could be of the ultra thin metal uber priced laptops, which are being sold for such prices with similar specs… and people do buy them. but i am sure there are more people here who spent larger sums of money on their iphones and ipads…

and to the poster… if my laptop with I5-460m with the built in GPU can run this game. i am sure this one can also. i dont think though you are getting the same visual quality you would have get from a better GPU. (such as 7850,6870,7770,6770) but if its a mobile system you dont have the option.

Posted by: Morgolus.9637

Morgolus.9637

He said it’s a desktop. Sooo he got ripped.

But it is his money to waste so more power to him I guess

Posted by: Morgolus.9637

Morgolus.9637

The way he’s reacting you’d think people were insulting his sister rather than a product that he way overpaid for and should be able to return. Folks here are just trying to help the guy.

At this point I’m here for the popcorn.

Posted by: Joshmans.8937

Joshmans.8937

I just bought a Nokia 3310 for £70, good deal?

It can make phone calls like an iPhone and has a back lít touch pad for numbers 0-9.

Posted by: Pingnuts.3907

Pingnuts.3907

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dpcwnw2&model_id=alienware-aurora-r4&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

This is a pc that costs 2200$, and you still have to add a 23’ monitor.
You should ask your money back and get a better pc since you CAN. Thats all people is trying to say.

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

My god some people here are so naive. It’s obvious this guy is trolling. I’m sure he’s having a good laugh reading all your replies but seriously you should just ignore him.

Posted by: Searias.9601

Searias.9601

My god some people here are so naive. It’s obvious this guy is trolling. I’m sure he’s having a good laugh reading all your replies but seriously you should just ignore him.

This, he pretty much did the same thing on his other post.