disconnect problem 7:11:3:191:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

7:11:3:191:101

STILL getting this error – this isn’t fixed and there is no “reason” on my side.

Windows 7 64 Bit two other windows (browsers) open only to GW2 and Pandora.

The net has been losing connection for MANY people – someone better start asking about our net infrastructure and if it’s even safe.

If this is a nationwide glitch – and I will bet it is – we have more serious issues than losing connection to this GAME.

All of us hope this gets fixed this time.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Aganar Col.8570

Aganar Col.8570

I have the same error. This starter about 5/6 days ago, i loose connection every 10/15 minutes. I tried everything, but i don’t fix it.
I am on server Aurora Glade EU.

(edited by Aganar Col.8570)

Posted by: parkersjones.7518

parkersjones.7518

yup – still kicking me out.

iMac, PC, Xbox 360, PS3 – anything game related, photography and coffee.

Posted by: parkersjones.7518

parkersjones.7518

every three or four minutes now – no matter what i do in-game.

Attachments:

iMac, PC, Xbox 360, PS3 – anything game related, photography and coffee.

Posted by: Knox.7209

Knox.7209

Also getting the error, I’m on the mac beta- it’s not my ISP, we have a very fast Internet connection that has never been problematic before.

I’m on Piken Square EU and it has only been since the Dragon Bash that these problems have occurred.

Posted by: hybridhunter.8041

hybridhunter.8041

I also get quite a few connection problems in game. It can happen at any time when doing anything. It is quite annoying and i really want someone to make an official post.

Posted by: Spider.5347

Spider.5347

Game becoming unplayable. Even if i ever do manage to load a character the lag makes doing anything pretty much impossible. Been getting worse over the last few days. i.e. after dragon bash update.
Desolation server. UK.

Posted by: ArchValentine.8341

ArchValentine.8341

Ever since i downloaded the latest update I’ve been getting disconnected after ten seconds or one minute of game play , its getting really frustrating does anyone have a solution ?

Posted by: Frans.7930

Frans.7930

I’m getting the same disconnect issue. Not even able to play more then 5 minutes today, it seems.
I had disconnecting issues after the Karka Queen update, but that was only one evening, and the times between disconnects was much less aggravating. I don’t remember being disconnected in between that update and this recent update. I have been playing earlier in the week and it was fine.

update: A day later and I played fine, without any issues.

(edited by Frans.7930)

Posted by: Undeadcandy.4539

Undeadcandy.4539

I’m having the same problem since friday. Every 5 minutes it get back to character selection. Sometimes if I just log in LA and stand there, I can be logged for longer periods until got kicked back to character selection screen. I tried to instal it again but didnt solved the problem :’(

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Got very silly on Aurora Glade just now. Previously it only seemed to trigger when i was bombing a solid group of mobs while playing engineer. But the last few minutes resulted in skill lag and disconnect every few seconds or so.

Posted by: Anjo.3170

Anjo.3170

Im still getting this error 2 – 3 times a day. Just got in right now in WvW. And no responses from anet on when this issue will be addressed.

Edit:
Right now this game is completely unplayable. I went from getting this error 2 – 3 times a day to getting it, 4 times in the last 40 minutes.

(edited by Anjo.3170)

digiowl.9620

On a hunch i guested to a “medium” server, home server is “very high”, after getting the error twice in a span of minutes. While only anecdotal, the error did not happen for the rest of my session.

Posted by: BloodStorm.9380

BloodStorm.9380

So many posts are talking about the same problem. Has anything been done yet? It is such a good game, but this unsolved problem really depress and annoys me

digiowl.9620

The issue may be local after all. The last few days i have been running a monitoring server on my PC so i can keep an eye on internal temperatures on my tablet. Thing is that the tablet throws a lost contact error within seconds of GW2 giving me this very error, and kicking me back to the character selection screen. This could indicate that GW2 is capable of saturating the packet buffer of my PC somehow, forcing a timeout, flush, and connection reset.

Posted by: The Warder.6352

The Warder.6352

The issue may be local after all. The last few days i have been running a monitoring server on my PC so i can keep an eye on internal temperatures on my tablet. Thing is that the tablet throws a lost contact error within seconds of GW2 giving me this very error, and kicking me back to the character selection screen. This could indicate that GW2 is capable of saturating the packet buffer of my PC somehow, forcing a timeout, flush, and connection reset.

Buffers are supposed to fill up. Saturation isn’t the problem. The problem is when buffers become too large causing latency at the local NIC or kernel increasing the likelihood of TCP retransmissions. If you have a properly working internet connection, then usually the case for a error 7 followed by the error 58 most GW2 players experience as skill lag in this game is due to TCP retransmission time outs. Since I don’t know your setup details, you may want to check your router and/or nic settings and lower the buffers or even disable all NIC offload and buffering settings and let the operating system handle the network stack settings if you are experiencing beyond the norm disconnects, delays or NIC resets.

digiowl.9620

Ok, i am stumped. Had the error minutes after logging in today, guested to a medium population server and didn’t see a error for the rest of the session.

Posted by: SSpeed.3970

SSpeed.3970

This is not an issue on GW2’s end, I guarantee you that. Other games have same issue.

SSpeed.3970

If you are using Windows 7 and are currently sharing your internet speed, you may be at risk for frequent disconnects.

Please call a doctor and ask for Zodack. Over the counter medication. symptoms include pain, congestion, and possible death.

But seriously, Windows 7 + Unknown variable (related to another person on your network) = Frequent Disconnects

Correct me if I’m wrong, or tell me if I’m right.

digiowl.9620

That would be really useful, if i didn’t play on the exact same network setup as i have since game launch. Yet only in the last month or so have i started to see this error, and frequently.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I been playing 8 month now. Only start having this problem 5 days ago. I don’t know what’s wrong.

THis is the thing. Many people use windows 7. So if it really is win7 why am I and digiowl and a few other only having the problem.

I don’t know what’s the problem. Maybe it’s my end, or some routing issue on Anet’s end. But I highly doubt it have much to do with win7.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

SSpeed.3970

Use compatibility mode, problem solved.

Posted by: End Walker.9324

End Walker.9324

ISP: Eastlink

Everything is updated, network adapters, graphics, etc. My girlfriend plays as well and does not experience any DCing or lag. Even when she is not playing and not on the computer I still get DCed. This has been happening for over a week now and thinking of not playing anymore because of it. I hope you can help.

Attachments:

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

well according to the support and a few the admins and Mods on here its everyones ISP’s thats causing us not to login , so how come eveything else that uses the internt works fine?

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

SSpeed.3970

Use compatibility mode, problem solved.

digiowl.9620

we heard you the first time…

SSpeed.3970

Forgive my rudeness, I only meant well.

(edited by SSpeed.3970)

Posted by: draganHR.1705

draganHR.1705

I have same problem since Dragon Bash started. My connection is stable and other games do not disconnect. Compatibility mode didn’t help. Location: Croatia (same area as many others with this issue).

SSpeed.3970

Assuming that this issue is not yet resolved, I will share my experiences to help those still struggling..

In GW2, I experienced occassional frequent disconnects
In AO, I experienced the exact same issue.

It didn’t happen every day, but when it did happen, I noticed my sister was home (which is somewhat rare).
I read on a forums that the issue was known as Win 7 issue.

Annoyed with the disconnects, I tried to find a solution.

Upon changing a few settings in properties for the game, I soon noticed that the disconnects had stopped.

I concluded that it was the Compatibility mode, since that made the most sense.

Today, the game(AO) was patched, and I started to get disconnected again.
I turned off compatibility mode, and it has been over an hour without a single disconnect. I assume its fixed…

ps. I use Windows 7, compatibility mode is set to XP (SP3), and I may have solved a huge issue for Microsoft completely for free… well thats life Dx , at least you guys are happy

TL;DR
If frequent disconnects, then try this: toggle Compatibility Mode once

Posted by: ViciousVyne.2935

ViciousVyne.2935

Same problem here, it’s really getting annoying.
Always end up with a black character selection screen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dio disse kung e kung fu.5342

Dio disse kung e kung fu.5342

same here no matter where I am, dungeon or wvw or any of the pve zone.
It can’t be the ISP. Different locations, different ISPs, same problem? c’mon…

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Just started having the same issue – Lag spikes where the game stands still for around a minute (Meanwhile I can browse webpages and stuff just fine) – Eventually ending with the same error code as you guys.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Dio disse kung e kung fu.5342

Dio disse kung e kung fu.5342

Just started having the same issue – Lag spikes where the game stands still for around a minute (Meanwhile I can browse webpages and stuff just fine) – Eventually ending with the same error code as you guys.

that’s exactly what happens to me

digiowl.9620

Forgive my rudeness, I only meant well.

I should apologize as well. I’m the kind of guy that wants to know the actual cause of a problem, rather than simply flip a switch and watch the symptoms vanish. Going compatibility mode changes too many parameters and behaviors for me to feel like i can tell where the problem sits.

Another issue could be that this error is a catch all for client timeout of any kind. I was watching the networking readout on resource monitor while playing today, and i could not spot any lost packets or spikes in transition time. I also didn’t notice as much of a delay today, tho i swear there was a short one.

The only change i did between today and last time was that i turned off a logging function on a fan controller program, that was writing fan speeds and temperature readouts to a text file a intervals.

I am beginning to suspect that the game engine has a lousy, or non-existent, resource cache. Perhaps ANet wants to avoid anyone using modified models and such to get a unfair information advantage in PVP.

SSpeed.3970

The moment my sister gets home… I get disconnect hell… Every single ****ing time…
It ain’t no coincidence.

Edit: There is no doubt in my mind that this issue is connected to another person on the network. Unfortunately, I cannot test beyond my own computer.. If anyone can test further, that’d be great..

(edited by SSpeed.3970)

Posted by: Mags Morrigan.9702

Mags Morrigan.9702

I and another player in my household are also having lag spikes and very frequent disconnect issues since 3 days ago.

Here’s the rundown:
*Lag spikes occur every 1-3 minutes and last anywhere from 10-25 seconds.
*Lag spikes often (over 75% of the time) result in disconnect.
*If BOTH of us are playing at the same time, lag and disconnects coincide with each other almost 100% of the time even though our settings in game and for hardware are totally different.
*Immediate reconnection is possible every time.
*Disconnect code is 7:11:3:191:101
*Resetting the router does nothing to help, nor does playing under less stressful times of day or at decreased settings. (for instance, my fps runs about 112+ usually and has not dropped at all even during lag)
*Uploading, streaming video, and all other internet use is unchanged and works perfectly at all times.
*We are located in the Northern USA and use cable internet. This has not changed since the incept of Guild Wars 2 and this has never been an issue. Using wireless or a direct link doesn’t change the disconnects and lag.
*There is no difference in lag spikes or disconnect frequency depending on time of day, or how many people are using the network in our household.

The Gothic Embrace [Goth] Co-Leader
Fort Aspenwood Server

Posted by: Olmega.4965

Olmega.4965

This has been happening to me as well since the last patch earlier this week, but it’s be significantly worse the past couple of days.

SSpeed.3970

Please confirm, have you tried playing after turning off all other devices on your network (both cabled, and wireless) ?

Mags Morrigan.9702

Please confirm, have you tried playing after turning off all other devices on your network (both cabled, and wireless) ?

Yes. No change in lag or disconnect frequency.
Also tried it while running two users on GW2, and streaming a movie, and no change either.

It behaved in exactly the same manner, regardless.
Good question.

Fort Aspenwood Server

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

me too…. It is not player’s isp problem.

Posted by: Diorexity.2675

Diorexity.2675

Yup, happening to me too. Around every 5-10 mins, lagspike, then disconnect. Extremely frustrating when I’m trying to do WvW jumping puzzles -.-

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Same issue here. Midwest US. Every 5 to 15 mins there’s a lag spike. About 70% of the time I get booted to the character select screen. I never seem to lose connection to the login server. The rest of the time it’s just a huge rubber-band effect. Guild-mates in dungeons have commented on how they see me walking into walls more often now.

Been playing since beta without this problem, and all other internet connections are solid. Everything else works. I’ve troubleshot everything I could think of on my end. This is a client / server issue.

Time of day does not matter either, nor does total traffic in house.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Chronos Khan.4539

Chronos Khan.4539

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this problem.

Usually happens to me in WvW or in a dungeon for some strange reason.

Can I blame the 90+ degree weather for this happening?

The self proclaimed mayor of Lion’s Arch
watch my GW2 vids at:
youtube.com/valentinogames

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

i get this dc since 2 days ago, wvw even worse, specially in EB. getting really anoying.

Posted by: DrOstler.7835

DrOstler.7835

I just started getting this error today after I tried doing pvp. I teleported to Heart of the Mists and then that’s when it started. I got there, and got disconnected about 10 seconds after arrival. Now I can’t even get back on my character because it gets stuck at the loading screen.
I am able to load my other character though who is located in Metrica Province.

I’ve tried all sorts of possible fixes that have been mentioned on this forum.

This is completely unacceptable. After going through the forums I can see this has been an issue since day 1 and still nothing has been done. Am I seriously going to have to delete my character now because it’s impossible for me to play it! I wish I could just teleport him out but I can’t even do that because I need to be able to get past the loading screen first.

Posted by: Cutterslaine.2689

Cutterslaine.2689

I have the same problem as the above user.

Can someone from Anet give some kind of response to acknowledge the problem please.

This is not a problem related to the account some of my toons can log in and play in a zone with no problem. Cannot be related to high traffic area if I try to log in on a toon in a low traffic zone for example Wayfarer that toon cannot even enter the game and is stuck on a perpetual loading screen.

(edited by Cutterslaine.2689)

Posted by: Snickerz.8503

Snickerz.8503

I too have been having this connection problem, I just recently sent in a ticket to support and am just waiting for a response. I hope this issue gets resolved soon, I really love this game., and i want nothing more than to be able to actually play it again

SSpeed.3970

~~~Windows 7 Disconnect Issue~~~

~Caused by ALL of the following~

• Using Windows 7
  • Having X game turned on . . . (after downloading a certain patch for said game?)
  • Time? . . . (aka happens every now and then for no apparent reason)

~Possible Solutions~

• ClientPort 80 . . . – if someone finds a link, please post it
  • New OS
  • New Game . . . (BLASPHEMY :O)
  • Ask game-side to fix the patch which caused the issue . . . (first be absolutely certain that the patch is causing the issue)
  • Discover the unknown variable . . . (in place of Time)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If anyone has anything to add, please feel free.

(edited by SSpeed.3970)

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I am having this issue too.
It has been 3 days now from when it started, A-Net fix it please!!!!!

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Mags Morrigan.9702

Update:

Disconnects have happened throughout the whole house now (cable, phone, general internet use) and resetting the modem/router has no improvement so we had someone from the provider come and check everything outside as well.

Findings: the cables connecting the line to the house were loose and one was damaged. Those have been replaced and fixed.

First Test: so far, no disconnections BUT I will post again after a couple days of testing GW.

Temporary Conclusion: our issue was the cable connection to the house, even though the disconnects only appeared to happen while playing GW2.

Fort Aspenwood Server