10/11 SF/ET/YB(zergs bend)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

If any of your guilds are bored from being stomped in this match-up, [GLOB] wants to GvG (15v15) any of you ET and SF guilds! PM/Mail myself for more details.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

ET, you need to sweep Bay more!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

I’d like to thank all of Yak’s Bend, [PD] made our transfer to YB from DH tonight and had a godkitten blast. See you all on the field.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

(edited by Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982)

in Match-ups

Posted by: armymelendez.1532

armymelendez.1532

I’d like to thank all of Yak’s Bend, [PD] made our transfer to YB from DH tonight and had a godkitten blast. See you all on the field.

Cheers, buddy, welcome to the party!

Blade Of Bushido [One] – YB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: beyonder.9735

beyonder.9735

Dear Yaks Bend, Please uninstall.

Mesmer – Geekin The Visage
Necro – Mavaldo Gravemore [StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PhaNTaSiZe.4215

PhaNTaSiZe.4215

Get pumped .

Commander Sammie Winchester/Ian McKellan
Leader of Gods Dont Cry [GDC] on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

No one reads the no litter sign :\

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

In this match up do you think anyone is really bothering to sweep? What is the point.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Dear Beyonder,

No one cares, sweetie.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

Well if anyone wants to duel a Yak, I’d be willing to not use consumables or something. Nothing else to do here. shrug http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2NzasQ4lg8

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Hope you enjoyed your first WvW experience with Yaks in SFBL. Glad to have you guys!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Dear Yak’s Bend… The faster you recapture our bay, the faster we can re-recapture. So you can re-re-recapture, and we can re-re-re-recapture… And the Wxp will keep flowing…

But keep hiding because the ‘die-hards WvWers’ will likely want to kill you.

kthxbye

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

This matchup is obviously not fun for anyone, but come on YB … have a minimum of fair-play. Spawn camping with siege is really lame and I’ve seen it countless times in the last 2 days.

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yup so i guess all we can do is not play and then suddenly they wont have anyone to spawn came.

Either way I saw zero roamers from YB, only zergs and smaller zergs. Since all i do is roam its not even worth my time to log in.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Awww but you guys have superior bloodlust. And according to Anet’s logic that should help you against us spawn camping you. I’m mainly trying to prove a point to Anet that these matchups are fun for no one and Devon is wrong about everything he’s ever said regarding WvW balance. You guys just happen to be unfortunate victims of the point i’m trying to make. And I have hundreds of unused siege prints since I usually only roam and hold onto whatever I pick up from loot. So now I finally decided to use it just to be a kitten. There’s little point to roaming around at this point, especially for those of us who are poor. This is as good as PvE farming. I’ve made like 30g in the past couple days farming you guys.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Just to be clear. Most of people on Yak find spawn camping with or without siege sad and stay away from that. It keeps you guys away from actually playing the game, and we have no one to play vs. Shout out to the roamers playing in and around blood lust areas yesterday.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Yes of course, shame on us for not finding spawn camping fun. I hope you enjoy league play against the top servers in silver.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoskinsed.4296

Hoskinsed.4296

well, i roam too n yes i have found some skilled players. BUT when tried to compliment or talk to they where total kittens sooooo to me non of them deserve respect.

Yaks Bend
[Pro] Get Rich or Die Grindin
Thf 80 Mes 80

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

well, i roam too n yes i have found some skilled players. BUT when tried to compliment or talk to they where total kittens sooooo to me non of them deserve respect.

What constitutes roaming on Yaks Bend:

Attachments:

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

What constitutes roaming on Yaks Bend:

I also got what I came for and made sure I was polite sir…

Attachments:

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euin.3578

Euin.3578

Small bright side is Yak’s Bend might eventually get bored of stomping us so that we can have some fun too. This match-up is just lame for us all.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Small bright side is Yak’s Bend might eventually get bored of stomping us so that we can have some fun too. This match-up is just lame for us all.

At least Lowlands isn’t fully upgraded…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Posted by: rcelbrechter.8947

rcelbrechter.8947

An analysis of the entire thing.

Our first complaint was that each week the matchs were stale. It appeared to all involved that it was the same servers that played each week.

What we had said was that there was a problem with the point multipliers between the tiers. It was very difficult to jump tiers due to the point multipliers being used. What Anet heard was that we were tired of playing the same old servers.

Anets Solution: Mix it up with no modification to the point multipliers between the tiers. This is the fiasco that ensues when that happens. Higher ranked servers losing points even when dominating their matches. Lower tiered servers gaining tons of rank points playing the higher servers even if they are totally dominated. This system is still amiss and needs some major modifications.

Who had the brilliant idea that bloodlust would solve any of this. I get it that it was an attempt to split the larger zerg groups into smaller borderland parties, however logic dictates that the larger servers will be better able to split down without much loss of their main zerg group. Thus bloodlust remains a reward that is more easily awarded to the server with the population to take advantage of it all.

Bottom line is that the problem is the vast differences in server population. The true question is there a fair solution to this problem?

Possible one could buff the lower population servers or nerf the upper population servers however this introduces an all new complex problem. This in effect forces the Zerg mentaility as the roamers that meet in 1v1 1v2 2v2 2v1 type situations will be unbalanced. This has the opposite effect from what Anet should desire. Maybe the zergs would begin to balance out however individual play is the casualty.

The other idea is to somehow cap the allowed population on the larger servers match per match. Maybe place a 10% overage cap – rest of players will simply need to wait out the queue to play WvW. This certainly would make things a bit more fair however this solution presents Anet with the prospect of dissatisfied customers. Maybe the cap would eventually force the larger population to move to other servers thus in effect bring about population balance which is a good thing.

My suggestion to Anet is to simply adjust the multiplier between tiers. It is good to reward the upper tiered servers however it should not be as impossible to jump between tiers as it once was. That was really what the original gripe was in the first place. The dabbling that has been done has been a grand experiment however it is disasterous as a means to promote WvW as a fair environment.

BTW – I have seen it on both sides and I do feel for those that had to face us when we were the big daddy server of the match. The win just does not feel the same. Wouldn’t you agree, Yaks? (lol).

Renegade Lightsend [Chef] [TAC]
Guardian – Dragonbrand

(edited by rcelbrechter.8947)

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

BTW – I have seen it on both sides and I do feel for those that had to face us when we were the big daddy server of the match. The win just does not feel the same. Wouldn’t you agree, Yaks? (lol).

Agreed. I feel that spawncamping is a direct result from population disparity and the resulting boredom that comes with it.

I don’t think it helps in anyway, since spawncamping is just as boring, not to mention offensive to the side being spawncamped.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Yaks has some sad sad “roamers”. I log in and go to ET Bl today and see one of my servermates getting jumped by 3 ppl from yaks near out spawn. We end up killing 2 and a few more come, and then a few more until its about 3 vs 10.

I die and so do the rest of my crew, respawn go out to where they are and we end up killing most this time with the rest running away. They keep running until they call in back up and about 10 more people come, we get jumped, you know the rest.

Respawn again and this time there is 2vs2, Yaks try to gang up on one person to burst him down, fail thief tries to heartseek spam and gets down and they call in a third from their guild [AI] right when they are losing.

If this is the type of scrub behavior you guys do at Yaks Bend(Besides spawn camping) then i see no real reason for anyone from ET or SF to seriously play this week.

If you do have some serious roamers, great, but so far i haven’t seen any yet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Yaks has some sad sad “roamers”. I log in and go to ET Bl today and see one of my servermates getting jumped by 3 ppl from yaks near out spawn. We end up killing 2 and a few more come, and then a few more until its about 3 vs 10.

I die and so do the rest of my crew, respawn go out to where they are and we end up killing most this time with the rest running away. They keep running until they call in back up and about 10 more people come, we get jumped, you know the rest.

Respawn again and this time there is 2vs2, Yaks try to gang up on one person to burst him down, fail thief tries to heartseek spam and gets down and they call in a third from their guild [AI] right when they are losing.

If this is the type of scrub behavior you guys do at Yaks Bend(Besides spawn camping) then i see no real reason for anyone from ET or SF to seriously play this week.

Clint, you shouldnt be roaming.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

You appear to expect fair fights in open world combat against a server that outnumbers you and is spoiling for anything to do.

Unbalanced matchups is not fertile ground for roaming. You can blame the players, or the developers that created the situation.

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

Don’t expect fair fights from all the fairweathers who showed up when they found out this would be an easy match. most of our usual roamers are bored out of our minds right now and are just farming at your spawn because we know if we try to fight someone out on the open, other people are gonna jump in from our side. Atleast that’s what i’m doing.

Every time I’ve tried to fight just 1 person, a bunch of scrubs jump in. That’s why you just see gank squads of people running around. that would be our fairweathers looking for some easy kills. We don’t like them anymore than you do. My main beef with them is that they’re never around to help when we actually do need help, like against a server with higher population than us. Your best bet is to hang by one of the windmills.
The guy above me summed it up pretty nicely, we’re bored.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

First of all i can and will blame the players. They dont have to call in back up because they are losing when jumping someone because they are bad. They do it because they are bad.

Right now There is about 50 yaks spawn camping my sever in EB with all kinds of siege from Ballistas, to catas. They do that because they are bad and also i guess no one on their server discourages the behavior. Now most of the people that are doing that are low rank, so we can assume about 60-80% of them are PVE fairweathers. What excuse does the rest have?

The devs didnt tell you to play the way you are playing, no they havent done nothing to stop it or fix the myriad of problems but all that i listed comes down to player behavior.

Im not sure how the spawn has been looking at ET but that all is just pathetic.

I completely understand that there wont be fair fights, but you would think that on a server your size that there would be at least a good number of roamers out, i mean you have everything what use is sticking in big blobs if not to jump people?

in Match-ups

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Just playing on ET BL over the weekend, and wiping YB off multiple times in our Bay and Hill.

In other news, fair fight SF, glad to see it happening

Attachments:

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Our side is even worse… They not only have ballistas/acs/trebs on open field, but they also have trebs on Veloka and the Overlook (both fully upgraded) to cover the open field siege…

We managed to clear it up after on a atempt to take back the Overlook, but i belive their zerg is just down there again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

There is about 50 yaks spawn camping my sever in EB with all kinds of siege from Ballistas, to catas. They do that because they are bad and also i guess no one on their server discourages the behavior.

[…]

They were using trebs on our spawn from the keep and, yeah, they were pretty terrible because a lot of them were still dying. I personally think spawn camping consisting of PvP fights can be somewhat amusing as a source of combat practice on the receiving end, especially with the Outnumbered buff so it’s free to die, but trebbing into it from a keep when we were outnumbered there? Really?

I did find the three-way battle for ET’s Hills Saturday night quite entertaining. Died in the lord’s room, ran back from our Garrison, and then ran into Hills inner again (in through the open South gate and around to the open North inner gate) alongside people from both other servers, all more interested in getting back into inner than stopping to kill each other. I managed to stay alive the second time (though I went down a few times, alternately getting myself up and rallying each time) through to our capturing it. Lots of fun.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Man trebs while spawn camping is just a whole nother level of sad.

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

First of all i can and will blame the players. They dont have to call in back up because they are losing when jumping someone because they are bad. They do it because they are bad.

Right now There is about 50 yaks spawn camping my sever in EB with all kinds of siege from Ballistas, to catas. They do that because they are bad and also i guess no one on their server discourages the behavior. Now most of the people that are doing that are low rank, so we can assume about 60-80% of them are PVE fairweathers. What excuse does the rest have?

The devs didnt tell you to play the way you are playing, no they havent done nothing to stop it or fix the myriad of problems but all that i listed comes down to player behavior.

I completely understand that there wont be fair fights, but you would think that on a server your size that there would be at least a good number of roamers out, i mean you have everything what use is sticking in big blobs if not to jump people?

Seems like you’re not having fun, and I’m sorry for that. I would say your best bet to find a few good roaming fights is to play later, when the largest zergs have disipated, and you’re more likely to find roamers.

I had a nice 3 way fight yesterday between an ET ele, SF mes and my own Necro. After the ele went down I dropped two wells on the mes and got him to 25%. Then Oz internet struck and I lagged for long enough to resume control at 10%, with the clever mes finishing me before I could recover.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

In fairness, we’ve done this to DH and others. Usually fairweathers do it.

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I personally havent seen us use siege while spawn camping anyone but maybe i was absent that day. I dont deny that many servers who are on top of the match spawn camp, yes SF has done it a few weeks ago. But i have never seen a server do it for hours on end with siege.

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

Have yet to see good players from YB :<

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Nice fights in SFBL and ETBL tonight, especially North Camp in ETBL.

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

I personally havent seen us use siege while spawn camping anyone but maybe i was absent that day. I dont deny that many servers who are on top of the match spawn camp, yes SF has done it a few weeks ago. But i have never seen a server do it for hours on end with siege.

Be glad you never fought Dragonbrand back when they had enough people to have 100 man zergs on every map simultaneously. They would not only siege spawn camp us with groups of 20-30+ near all possible exits from the spawn, they’d also run directly into our spawn and laugh and dance just to be be total kittens. We just do it at the main exit of your spawn and that’s pretty much it.

in Match-ups

leviN.4390

Most of the time when we play WvW regardless of win/lose, one or two will call out to idiots chasing players to spawn. Our players know enough how it feels to have it done and will not condone those type of actions.

Your server regardless of population should be setting examples of these players, not going “oh some kitten server did it to us, we can do it too”

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

Please check the shoutbox on our community forums, LeviN.

in Match-ups

leviN.4390

Please check the shoutbox on our community forums, LeviN.

Thanks Pretty Pixie, glad to see it somewhere.

Unfortunately players that love to grief do not read forums and aren’t usually community players. Unless they get called out in game by a guild or server member they do not quit.

A simple rule I stress regardless, do not engage past the bridge, quite simple.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hukundu.7628

Hukundu.7628

Nice battle for ET’s Garrison tonight. YB, you put up a good fight.

Commander Tarane, Sylvari Elementalist
Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Have yet to see good players from YB :<

I’m sure lots of people, like myself, are taking the week off or are playing alts. You’re likely seeing crappy fairweathers and uplevels for the most part.

Playing lower ranked opponents SUCKS worse than getting steamrolled. Against higher ranked opponents at least there are plenty of fun fights to be had.

Spawn camped? Every server does it. Just pick a different exit from spawn.

(edited by Boreal.9826)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Keep in mind, we cannot prevent our trolls/griefers or fairweather players to do stupid stuff. Most of the people who do play WvW (guilds, roamers, etc) have agreed to not camp spawn during ANY match up. This spawn camping happens in EVERY matchup when one side is so lopsided.

Anet made this match from last week’s ranking of us at #14, so it makes sense (to the RNG system) that this happens as it believes that YB is going down in terms of points. We did go up 4 ranks from last week’s matchup (and then subsequently went down 3 ranks from this matchup). We can only thank Anet for this debacle.

FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

This pretty much describes my entire experience thus far with the match up. And seeing how some guilds have flocked to YB, I don’t understand why SF and ET is matched up with them. I don’t know how we weren’t popping the outnumbered buff with only 20 people vs their 50, I don’t know why our population made a mass exodus from WvW either when we needed them most last Friday. I do love going against a zerg twice my numbers and getting even more loot bags, but there is only so long of being stuck at 90 PPT before I say, ‘Sod it.’ and leave. It’s a waste of time at that point because we’re not getting anything really accomplished other than killing.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Yup so i guess all we can do is not play and then suddenly they wont have anyone to spawn came.

Either way I saw zero roamers from YB, only zergs and smaller zergs. Since all i do is roam its not even worth my time to log in.

That’s the effect it had on the YB roamers too. Why roam when the matchup is so messed up that when we see a group of 8 and 3 of us charge, everything runs? Our roam squad was 3 regulars and a newer guy and wiped 8 confused zerglings… hardly a worthwhile venture. In my opinion, all 3 servers suffer in this weeks pairings.

I won’t apologize for anything. The server is just doing what it will do. You can complain if it makes you feel better. You can tell yourself the circumstance hasn’t made it a giant numbers clash of skill #1 mashers because trains are profitable.

But until it’s worth it to get a squad of 3-5 guys to roam around, don’t expect to see us fighting you over lustnodes or camps. This might be a wvwxp paradise for Yaks Bend’s Lions Arch idlers, but it’s a roamers backed up toilet for the week.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: beyonder.9735

beyonder.9735

yaks numbers or not they still are really really bad players, the main reason them even getting matched up with us is because they cant cope with servers in their tier who actually cordinate and have tactics lmao oh man u guys crack me up.. btw [GLOB] needs to leave your server you dnt deserve them. on a lighter note it was tons of fun flipping yaks t3 garri and hills earlier today. cheers.

Mesmer – Geekin The Visage
Necro – Mavaldo Gravemore [StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

yaks numbers or not they still are really really bad players, the main reason them even getting matched up with us is because they cant cope with servers in their tier who actually cordinate and have tactics lmao oh man u guys crack me up.. btw [GLOB] needs to leave your server you dnt deserve them. on a lighter note it was tons of fun flipping yaks t3 garri and hills earlier today. cheers.

On an even lighter note it was fun watching SF trying to get out of spawn, while we WP your Lowland.

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

It’s attitudes like this that make us do things like this
Have fun trying to get out now.

Attachments: