10/18: JQ/SoR/BG (Gold League Round 1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Not sure if you guys have been looking at all our gari’s. We are all getting. 2 v 1.

Yup. BLs were being played right tonight with every server on full map queues. Sadly the lag on these garri fights pretty much eliminates any skillful and tactical play.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

OH and Congrats on the easy match up JQ. You do not even have to try to win. kittenmit Anet.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

what is that tom eof knowledge? what does it give? is it the same as skill? do you get traits?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

what is that tom eof knowledge? what does it give? is it the same as skill? do you get traits?

gives 1 level.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Same thing happened last week. A BG mesmer sporting a fake MERC tag teleporting around hills in an omega golem. :/

I was too slow to get a picture of the golem actually clipping through the wall (even though it was happening alot) but you can see it hitting the very edge of the gate as well as damage floaters within the wall when I hit it with marks.

Attachments:

… I still want tengu.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

gives 1 level.

do you get trait points when your 80 when you use that?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

gives 1 level.

No you don’t, if you are 80 you only get a skill point I think.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

gives 1 level.

No you don’t, if you are 80 you only get a skill point I think.

Unless theres a bug? :o

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Katasaurus.6238

Katasaurus.6238

Sorry to bring this to the forum and not a guild leader or something, but BG, I’m not sure if you’re aware but one of your players was hacking on JQBL at around 0410 server time. He was in an Omega in our NE tower hitting our gate from inside the wall, then hitting the wall from inside the wall, and then teleported up to in front of lords room and began destroying our siege. none of our guards were killed, none of our walls or gate was taken down. I hope you can find this guy and report him. I’m not blaming all of BG for it happening, the actions of one does not reflect the actions of all in these situations. Just please try to find this guy to prevent it from happening in the future.

Yes we are all aware of this happening and we are all actively reporting him on our side as well for making us look like kittens we at BG do not support this kind of crap <3

Also; to all the peeps on BGBL thank for an epic night!! Awesome fights all around. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the week hold for us

- [KING] – [KO] – Beastgate – Gaurdian –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I hope a lot of guilds realize that with all these people in WvW who don’t normally play WvW, that this is a great opportunity for guilds who need more numbers to try to recruit!

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

OH and Congrats on the easy match up JQ. You do not even have to try to win. kittenmit Anet.

Do you do anything but complain? Just got out and play the game man.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Just go out and play? Kind of difficult when theres a brick wall of queues standing in your way. Favorite moment of last night was me spamming guild chat telling people to get on into SOR BL to kick some kitten and everybody was like “Sureeeee, we’ll be right in” to mock the queues!

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Troll tags are one thing, everyone does them and they’re usually just in good fun, but that FB tag was over the line.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Katasaurus.6238

Katasaurus.6238

Just go out and play? Kind of difficult when theres a brick wall of queues standing in your way. Favorite moment of last night was me spamming guild chat telling people to get on into SOR BL to kick some kitten and everybody was like “Sureeeee, we’ll be right in” to mock the queues!

dat 3 hour reset queue >.<

- [KING] – [KO] – Beastgate – Gaurdian –

in Match-ups

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

Troll tags are one thing, everyone does them and they’re usually just in good fun, but that FB tag was over the line.

Agreed, I realize its just a few bad apples, but makes SoR look like a bunch of racist homophobes, even though I know its for the trolls, its too far.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

it doesn’t justify the past weeks lol, join the club on ques.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

If someone can ans. my questions.

1) Is there still horrendous lag or is it only when blob VS blob

2) Are there many new guild names in WvW

3) from q2 , are they pve players or pugs or new stransfers

4) WHat is the average que time for each server

5) will it reduce by weekday

6) any serious bugs?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Avenge.1478

6) any serious bugs?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) 1-2 Hours

5) No

6) Yes

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

6) any serious bugs?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) 1-2 Hours

5) No

6) Yes

can confirm.

though, did have relatively short queue time for one of your BLs earlier. but just left after a while cause lag was so bad (roaming in small group of 3 – 4, fighting other small groups).

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

On current match up, JQ have the best free ride setup for them so IF* BG and SOR wants to win this season, they need to make sure JQ gets the 3rd place when it becomes
BGvsJQvsSOR.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

On current match up, JQ have the best free ride setup for them so IF* BG and SOR wants to win this season, they need to make sure JQ gets the 3rd place when it becomes
BGvsJQvsSOR.

Lol so subtle Does it ever occur to people we may focus that server down if they keep posting like that?

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

BGvsJQvsSOR.

Sold, we only need the approval of the holy church of jed…. w/e it was called, JQ ppl should know :P
in order to sign the treaty of peace for this first week and week 7 between BG and SoR for the sake of taking down a common enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

BGvsJQvsSOR.

Sold, we only need the approval of the holy church of jed…. w/e it was called, JQ ppl should know :P
in order to sign the treaty of peace for this first week and week 7 between BG and SoR for the sake of taking down a common enemy.

So your in TKT, The Karma Train, A Guild solely designed to troll Blackgate and your asking for their help. Time to rep your real guild because antaganizing a server through a troll guild and then trying to get them to 2v1 US seems like a flawed thought

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Actually TKT was not a guild designed to troll BG, beside making MagiKarps believe we were getting tons of new guilds on SoR to help him out in his conspiracy theories.

TKT is actually a utility guild for the farming of karma, leveling up, and WXP on SoR that is solely supposed to be used by our casual community to find the train on a pre-reset friday when the matchup results are already determined.

SoR does all sorts of activities to change the pace of things in between matchups, that’s just how we do things. So get your facts straight before saying something.

Also, I dont expect some random JQ bandwagoner to understand this reference made to very old posts from [SF] Strike Force and other’s as a response to your server mates asking for a 2v1

in Match-ups

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

BGvsJQvsSOR.

So your in TKT, The Karma Train, A Guild solely designed to troll Blackgate and your asking for their help. Time to rep your real guild because antaganizing a server through a troll guild and then trying to get them to 2v1 US seems like a flawed thought

I don’t think anyone has to antagonize JQ, they’re pretty antagonizing as it is, LOL!

But I think you’re missing the point (on purpose?). Looking at the way the schedule has been set up, it appears JQ has a much easier path to victory in this first Season than the other T1 servers. I have to question how this schedule was set up the way it was, but in terms of strategy there’s no question that it makes perfect sense for BG and SoR to focus on JQ when they have the chance. People can vent about 2v1s all day long but they are a fact of life in WvW (at least in T1) so quit the complaining and just deal with it already (if it actually happens).

in Match-ups

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

We just saw an uplevelled guildless mesmer from our server hacking on SoR BL. We mass reported him and are actively avoiding his portals, but please keep your eyes open and smash him for us.

Sorry JQ/SoR. Good luck.

Edit: For clarity, he is teleporting around. Someone saw him flying in a golem. He teleported into an enemy tower in front of me and tried to set up a portal, but was killed. I imagine it is the same person that was inside the walls at hills in the screenshot.

Hyade and his flamethrower

(edited by BAITness.1083)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

we cant complain about coverage yet because its still the weekend :c

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

Here is a short story of how Wilson was cloned for your enjoyment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPffzl1BJc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I take it all back when I said WvW needs to be rewarding. PVE’rs will do anything, even things they dislike, for stupid achievement points. I hate people playing the game just for rewards and have nothing to contribute to the server. Guilds can’t raid because of this pugfest.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

It won’t be like this constantly. This is the first couple days of a huge update that has been talked about for weeks. While you may be annoyed at achievement seekers, the achievements do add more to WvW for people who only do WvW. There is currently a hype among all players of GW2 towards WvW and, like all other hypes, it will die down.

It really should not be surprising how clustered the first few days of a large update is.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

TobyTucker.5317

I take it all back when I said WvW needs to be rewarding. PVE’rs will do anything, even things they dislike, for stupid achievement points. I hate people playing the game just for rewards and have nothing to contribute to the server. Guilds can’t raid because of this pugfest.

What are these ‘raids’ you speak of and why do feel that you and your guild should be entitled to do them and no one else?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

we cant complain about coverage yet because its still the weekend :c

or all of our servers have queues 24/7..

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Sadly the lag on these garri fights pretty much eliminates any skillful and tactical play.

It’s finally motivated me to level my guardian the rest of the way to 80. LOL @ surviving with “active defenses” on a D/D ele in that mess.

Didn’t get on today but late last night BG and SoR did a fantastic job of starving us of supply on JQ home map.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

(edited by Rainshine.5493)

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

What are these ‘raids’ you speak of and why do feel that you and your guild should be entitled to do them and no one else?

No need to be so harsh. I think he was saying how much fun he was having before the update, and now he can’t have fun. I definitely empathize – I can’t get in either.

in Match-ups

TobyTucker.5317

No need to be so harsh. I think he was saying how much fun he was having before the update, and now he can’t have fun. I definitely empathize – I can’t get in either.

Apparently the Devs want more people to play WvW so they made this League deal a "Living World’ event and Surprise! Surprise!, there’s more demand than supply leading to frustrations among both regular WvW players and people wanting to get the achievements.

The OP is complaining about GW2 players responding to “Living World” events as they always do as if there’s something inferior to their playstyle especially as it seems to be interfering with his preferred playstyle. Denigrating other players because they don’t play the game the same way he does hardly seems like a worthwhile ‘contribution’ to the server.

No doubt the long queue times, etc, will wane some once the non-regular WvW players complete their achievements, but unless interest wanes in League play, there is still going to be the problem of there being more people wanting to play than there are spots to accommodate them. This new map idea has its’ merits, but it’s like going to a restaurant and having to wait at the bar until a table is ready for you. Sure, you might enjoy your time at the bar, but you didn’t go to the restaurant to drink, did you?

If the Devs want more people in WvW long term, they’re going to have to expand the number of spots available somehow. Otherwise this new-found interest in WvW will fade and it will just go back to the same low number (compared to PvE) of dedicated players. Having a new ‘waiting area’ does nothing to address this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

lol nice job BG and SoR on your marriage…i guess we know which one is bent over most of the time. Is it your PvE guilds running your WvW to get their achievements or your WvW guilds?

Well dont know what happened on other maps, but on JQbl there has been nothing but non-stop fights for SoR against both JQ and BG. Maybe this was down to the fact we held your Garrison for so many hours against attacks from both of you and BG had nothing else to go for due to the fact that EVERY attempt to make a move on BRIAR/BAY resulted in a quick response that left them fleeing the area.

On multiple occassions SoR tried to hit BG too. Unfortunately their response was just as swift and we were in constant stalemate.

Surely JQ should have realised this considering you were on the recieving end of this multiple times when you set your sites on bay or briar.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

or all of our servers have queues 24/7..

BG didnt have queues on 2 maps during ocx and 1 map during eu today.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

very wise indeed, wiseman. i don’t know what to say.

in regards to the general PvE vs WvW crowd, i personally think it’s a good thing.. as long as those “new” to PvE are willing to learn and still contribute to the overall WvW objectives or don’t sabotage both their own server and enemy servers and play in good faith – whatever that may mean. i think it’s a good idea to have achievement points / rewards what not to get people into WvW, assuming this was ANet’s goal.

now what happens next is what’s important from my perspective. those who are more seasoned at WvW can either whine and moan PvE-ers are violating their game mode, or they can teach them help them make them fall in love with WvW just as you did.. in doing so, we all get better fighters stronger servers. of course, this is in an ideal world. there will always be peeps who literally just want their achieves and the PTFO once they’re done. but hey, if we can get those who enjoy WvW to stay and become a long time WvW-ers and they regularly contribute from here on out, it can’t be bad can it?

i’d say those who consider themselves WvW-only or well-versed in the battle of the mists can definitely maake a different in how these PvE/PUGs contribute to the larger scale of the game mode. just thinking out loud…

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Because we have been working for the server, while the pugs are there for achievement points. They will be a no show when they have got what they want.

On another note, you would think that #2,3 would double team #1, but instead you double team on #3. Does BG threaten you that much? Oh well, was a crazy night as a result, so keep it coming.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

Because we have been working for the server, while the pugs are there for achievement points. They will be a no show when they have got what they want.

On another note, you would think that #2,3 would double team #1, but instead you double team on #3. Does BG threaten you that much? Oh well, was a crazy night as a result, so keep it coming.

BG has been spamming on the forums they are going to 2 v 1 others. Thank those posters for that.

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

You not up on current events? SoR is always up for a double-team on the least advantaged.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Mad respect to the JQ commanders dealing with the 24/7 double teaming on JQBL.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I didn’t even bother trying to queue after reset. I did get into EB earlier today (9 am PST) and it was a mess. No real organization and the lag anytime there was fighting in SM was insane. ANet should have rolled out the overflow WvW map before starting this league and/or adding the achievements because this is no fun at all.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Sorta sad the amount of times HL had people in our NW tower with gates/walls intact and they chose to clear siege rather than jump out.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

did sor already break up the relationship with bg to tick higher than them

ign: Stealthzor

(edited by Stealth.8150)

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

Mad respect to the JQ commanders dealing with the 24/7 double teaming on JQBL.

It was tons of fun just got tiring when we literally couldn’t even scrap together any supply. At one point we had 50 people on pin for a total of 12 supply. Map blobs on both sides constantly hitting our stuff and using siege to push even when outnumbering us. Our pug zerg did a lot though props to all out there on JQ side.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I personally love the sudden influx of PvE players, it’s a load of fun 2-shotting zerker guardians.

in Match-ups

Avenge.1478

Sorta sad the amount of times HL had people in our NW tower with gates/walls intact and they chose to clear siege rather than jump out.

Its an obvious accident.

By the way thanks for your donation of garrison, and good luck trying to take back so much as a camp on your own BL.

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

Its an obvious accident.

By the way thanks for your donation of garrison, and good luck trying to take back so much as a camp on your own BL.

Obvious accident wouldn’t be killing our siege when your commander is doing it. I am glad you are good at camping our BL we have a lot of new players who are still learning the ins and outs of WvW. But your 50 man HL blob that got wiped how many times before you finally got our garrison? That’s right you must be forgetting those times.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Thanks JQ /15char

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall