10/18: JQ/SoR/BG (Gold League Round 1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Man… You guys amaze me… already trow the fry pan …but have not catch the fish yet…
This forum is so match fun to read…..

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Why do the EU SoR guilds talk so much trash in this thread ? Only amateurs need to belittle and disrespect their opponents. Act like you have been there before or better yet just show a little class.

Who’s talking trash? oh yeah were being provoked by moaning individuals with “EU pve door this EU stacked that”. Those players don’t even likely play during EU if they did they would understand no one is pve dooring anyone during EU in this round.

I ask the same to you what gives a group of players the right to belittle and disrespect their opponents over players from other nationality? Not all servers treat other player from different time zones as second class citizens. no one moans about Asians and they too are not on the same continent as you.

I give respect to those fighting us in the bl’s without question and give credit when it’s due not to those who come onto a forum to QQ about how kitten it is that were playing on an NA server.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

It only makes sense to 2v1 BG as JQ, its almost impossible to work with BG, the instance you go after SoR’s stuff they go after yours. At least SoR can take a hint, and will go after BG’s stuff when JQ attacks BG’s stuff.

BG seem to be stuck in perma, “LETS GO AFTER JQ” mode.

So even though it may be better for JQ to let BG have to the win, that isn’t possible while BG is intent on ruining any cooperation.

So go-go SoR
…..

That said, I dont think JQ is totally down an out for this match, sure we’re behind, but its not a blow out yet. Their still is time for us to turn it around, but ya, time is running shorter and shorter.

This is a very delicate matchup because of leagues to be honnest. Because of the schedule, both BG and SoR know that both our best chances at winning this league is with JQ coming in 3rd. Now taking 1st in this matchup with JQ in 3rd to have a bigger pts differential with JQ (besides the obvious fact that we all play to win) is why there is no real 2v1 focus and you see BG and SoR poking at each other. You can see BG & SoR constantly exchanging 1st.

I’m sure both sides want to hit the other hard, just not hard enough to give JQ a chance at 2nd. My 2 cents on what we see out there…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Even though JQ is only 10k behind and it’s already Tuesday, I think JQ still has enough time to wake up

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Great battles on BG BL last night. RISE/FEAR/LUN & SF. Grrrrr! SF I knew I shouldn’t have allowed you to get bay back. Right away, you guys invoked the 2v1. I don’t think SoR was too happy about that hills assault.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

(edited by MaLeVoLenT.8129)

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Why do the EU SoR guilds talk so much trash in this thread ? Only amateurs need to belittle and disrespect their opponents. Act like you have been there before or better yet just show a little class.

Who’s talking trash? oh yeah were being provoked by moaning individuals with “EU pve door this EU stacked that”. Those players don’t even likely play during EU if they did they would understand no one is pve dooring anyone during EU in this round.

I ask the same to you what gives a group of players the right to belittle and disrespect their opponents over players from other nationality? Not all servers treat other player from different time zones as second class citizens. no one moans about Asians and they too are not on the same continent as you.

I give respect to those fighting us in the bl’s without question and give credit when it’s due not to those who come onto a forum to QQ about how kitten it is that were playing on an NA server.

Maybe you should have gone to BG not the stacked EU of SoR.
BG has one and maybe a half EU guild, JQ has one EU guild and fills up with overtime Sea or early NA people.
SoR now has four (?) EU guilds and filling that up with Sea and NA.

We had a German EU guild on JQ once and they left because if we did not play against SoR or BG there wasn’t any EU presence.
So they same will happen to you 90% of your time.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Like when BG/JQ doubleteamed SoR BL on Sunday night?

Don’t act like BG doesn’t double team. Everyone does.

Twice in a day doesn’t happen too often. I’m surprised our garrison still belongs to us.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not complaining about it at all. The skill lag auto attack spam was utterly hilarious.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/

Just looking at the chart, it really seems like you can tell we (all of us) are getting less people into WvW. The PPT is so erratic compared to the previous days.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Maybe you should have gone to BG …………………..

Attachments:

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Maybe you should have gone to BG not the stacked EU of SoR.
BG has one and maybe a half EU guild, JQ has one EU guild and fills up with overtime Sea or early NA people.
SoR now has four (?) EU guilds and filling that up with Sea and NA.

We had a German EU guild on JQ once and they left because if we did not play against SoR or BG there wasn’t any EU presence.
So they same will happen to you 90% of your time.

So Coin and HB only make up 1.5 guilds? Ouch.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Choo, come out more often

SG had a blast fighting you in open field

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Choo plays right now? I see a grand total of 3 Choo tags on teamspeak.

Or was this just a ……..

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

BG gained 2k pts after NA went to bed. Dang, BG has it so bad don’t they.

And who owns the person who posted this below?

“The biggest problem that I have with this is ANets home server JQ. While I did see SoR players and BG players lagging like hell (you can tell from them just running around doing nothing) JQ players were able to flawlessly land their attacks and abilities. Ex: Hammer warriors had no problem stunning everything and chaining their attacks.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

“The biggest problem that I have with this is ANets home server JQ. While I did see SoR players and BG players lagging like hell (you can tell from them just running around doing nothing) JQ players were able to flawlessly land their attacks and abilities. Ex: Hammer warriors had no problem stunning everything and chaining their attacks.”

Weren’t you originally on BG before transferring to JQ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

blah blah blah

Do you know what a Wp’d keep is?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Not only did Anet give JQ the easy schedule they also rigged it that only BG and SoR get skill lag and JQ doesn’t.

That is just comedy gold.

Let me join in…..

Anet looked at all the transfers and said JQ doesn’t have a chance compared to how stacked BG and SoR is so they gave us a fighting chance.

And the fact that the under stacked BG server has pulled ahead 2k after NA primetime no way indicates that they are the stacked server.

Comedy gold I tell you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I’d personally be ticked off if I were JQ. You will have so many boring matches coming up. I’d rather lose and have something to do than play in cupcake match after cupcake match where I’m karma training by Monday night.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

We have nightly raids, but we don’t necessarily stick to one BL the whole week, so it’s really just luck of the draw. Yesterday night in particular, SoR BL was suffering since we were basically down to a WP’d Garrison, and so we decided to jump in.
I agree fights were pretty good. Intermittent lag was annoying, but when everything was working properly, it was great.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

This was recorded 1 hour ago in EB. JQ helping BG taking SoR’s keep.

http://www.twitch.tv/risenfall/c/3123151

If anyone in NA time (especially SoR/BG) wants to collaborate on streaming let me know or PM me in game. It would be fun to see what happened on the other side.

I’m new to streaming and plan to do it more often. I ran this on my 13" macbook pro so I limited the resolution/quality to save on fps :-(

Way too long for me, or anybody else most likely, to watch that entire thing. Any reason JQ decided to hit SoR instead of BG (who is in first)?

I’m new to this so the video is definitely too long. The short version, in the beginning of the video, we were fighting BG (knt commander?) and we wiped them a bunch of times so BG decided to push SoR instead. At that point, we decided to push SoR too.

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

If anyone in NA time (especially SoR/BG) wants to collaborate on streaming let me know or PM me in game. It would be fun to see what happened on the other side.

I’m new to streaming and plan to do it more often. I ran this on my 13" macbook pro so I limited the resolution/quality to save on fps :-(

Way too long for me, or anybody else most likely, to watch that entire thing. Any reason JQ decided to hit SoR instead of BG (who is in first)?

I’m new to this so the video is definitely too long. The short version, in the beginning of the video, we were fighting BG (knt commander?) and we wiped them a bunch of times so BG decided to push SoR instead. At that point, we decided to push SoR too.

I wouldn’t say wiped per say, though the 5+ AC’s in speldan was a bit much to handle. Also after SoRs forces died down and after many failed attempts on Anz, JQ finally got the hint and hit SoR. You know that’s all we wanted, we were even willing to let you have SoRs stuff as long as it flipped.

We just wanted SoR to stop killing our ogres…they are a misunderstood race…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

So, queues are dying down. Let’s finally get some guild coordination going here.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I wouldn’t say wiped per say, though the 5+ AC’s in speldan was a bit much to handle. Also after SoRs forces died down and after many failed attempts on Anz, JQ finally got the hint and hit SoR. You know that’s all we wanted, we were even willing to let you have SoRs stuff as long as it flipped.

Only reason you capped Sor keep was because we allowed you to, Also you lost not once but 3 times at splenden with almost 3 times the size of our zerg which consisted of almost all pugs – see video. The Norn Knt commander dying twice was my favorite part =) Btw did u loose SM over a camp lol?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Only reason you capped Sor keep was because we allowed you to, Also you lost not once but 3 times at splenden with almost 3 times the size of our zerg which consisted of almost all pugs – see video. The Norn Knt commander dying twice was my favorite part =) Btw did u loose SM over a camp lol?

You have a interesting perspective, I would have to say that you out numbered us at the camp (btw we all have a ton of pugs) so I’ll say that we must have been fairly even. But if you want to point out wipes or failures, how many time did you guys fail at taking anz? Debatably the easiest tower to take? Loosing SM isn’t that big of a deal considering we were able to take it back before the next tick so you’re welcome for the dragonite and achievement points.

As for SoR’s keep, you are right you did basically let us take it. Tbh we were surprised. We figured JQ would come in and take the cap which we were prepared for you to do. Don’t think that we were there solely for PPT, we wanted the keep flipped, if it was you or us, it didn’t matter. Also I after we capped it we left so you all could take it uncontested…

Also is killing that KnT commander that glorifying? I’m assuming you don’t get to do it all that often…Well in all I’m glad you guys had fun, it was a fun night for us as well. Plus skill lag was at a low until the keep fight.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I’m just glad that JQ managed to overcome all of the odds and make it into gold league, despite not having anywhere near the numbers, skill, or coordination of any other server! Way to go, JQ, the little server that could!

No but seriously lets end this in an exact three way tie to screw over Anet’s dumb league system.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

I’m just glad that JQ managed to overcome all of the odds and make it into gold league, despite not having anywhere near the numbers, skill, or coordination of any other server! Way to go, JQ, the little server that could!

No but seriously lets end this in an exact three way tie to screw over Anet’s dumb league system.

That’s what I’m sayin! That would be hilarious

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

JQ always crying about 2v1 this matchup. Take a look at JQ BL. Heavy 2v1 against SoR. Yet no one’s crying here.

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

I was on EB since the reset and it seems like BG is getting 2v1 from other servers

in Match-ups

Vol.5241

tldr: everyone gets 2 v 1’d

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

We at JQ know you all are teaming us and we will still triumph on the weekdays. Proof we are the real stacked one.

Edited that for you. You’re welcome.

A stacked wvw server would only work if.. well.. guilds could get into wvw maps.

This conversation is like the pot calling the kettle black, coming from either SoR or BG.. or any server with a transfer pot, for that matter.

Its hard to have reasoning with crying kid like siegfried, well hes known as BG’s big whiner afterall. He doesnt realize that during the league it doesnt matter if we are overstacked as all three servers have Queue all over BLs for almost entire day and night.

It’s sad you have to resort to name calling already. It’s only Tuesday. You have just reinforced what I have been ‘crying’ about for months – JQ is PUG central.

Wait, are we pugs or are we stacked?

Your internal conflicts confuse me.

Someone hold me, I’m /scared

Attachments:

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

(edited by Ghoulina.2976)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

to the guy repping The Iron Rectangle [IRON]

Kudos to you

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I would actually be 100% for that if we could pull it off.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Kudos to you

They are recruiting too!

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

This is what I had from earlier in the page before I got demoralized by the fact that I messed up SoS’s matches and didn’t want to do those again…

JQ    3 1 1 1 2 2 1 = 27
SoR  2 1 2 1 1 1 3 = 27
BG    1 2 1 3 1 1 2 = 27

It requires BG to throw the 4th week match, which is impossible naturally, but could be done because its Maguuma (they will definitely push as hard as they can). We 3 would all get first. I really want SoS and Mags to tie for 3rd as well, but it’s such a pain to plan without too many thrown matches (shooting for none), and I don’t think its possible to get one of them to tie with TC.

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Not only did Anet give JQ the easy schedule they also rigged it that only BG and SoR get skill lag and JQ doesn’t.

That is just comedy gold.

Let me join in…..

Anet looked at all the transfers and said JQ doesn’t have a chance compared to how stacked BG and SoR is so they gave us a fighting chance.

And the fact that the under stacked BG server has pulled ahead 2k after NA primetime no way indicates that they are the stacked server.

Comedy gold I tell you.

What’s comedy gold is you seem to actually believe Anet has given a specific server that kind of advantage.

in Match-ups

Vol.5241

This is what I had from earlier in the page before I got demoralized by the fact that I messed up SoS’s matches and didn’t want to do those again…

JQ    3 1 1 1 2 2 1 = 27
SoR  2 1 2 1 1 1 3 = 27
BG    1 2 1 3 1 1 2 = 27

It requires BG to throw the 4th week match, which is impossible naturally, but could be done because its Maguuma (they will definitely push as hard as they can). We 3 would all get first. I really want SoS and Mags to tie for 3rd as well, but it’s such a pain to plan without too many thrown matches (shooting for none), and I don’t think its possible to get one of them to tie with TC.

No one in the majority is going to throw the match just to ‘stick it to anet’s face"

Go look at how difficult it was for some guilds to throw matches to get into leagues.

It’s all just a dream.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

No one in the majority is going to throw the match just to ‘stick it to anet’s face"

Go look at how difficult it was for some guilds to throw matches to get into leagues.

It’s all just a dream.

I know, that’s why I was trying to plan it with minimal thrown matches and volunteered my own server for the 1 throw (we are actually all pretty nice dudes so I could see it maybe working). The deviations in 1st/2nd for the same matches (SoR vs BG) could just be one server not pushing as hard as the last week, which is actually really easy to plan and happens naturally all the time.

Edit: I think on a guild level, this could work, but convincing pugs not to spawncamp Maguuma for example would be really hard. Though I’m sure SoR could keep them more than busy (also why I chose that matchup).

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Kudos to you

They are recruiting too!

Now we need BG to create The Iron Circle [IRON]

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

JQ’s stacked SEA averaged a tick of 300 last night, there is going to be more of it to come,

JQ already have 2 automatic wins over SoR and BG thanks to the schedule

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Kudos to you

They are recruiting too!

Or The Iron Pentagon more corners

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Your target audience is filled with competitive PvP based players. I don’t believe any of us recognize the word lose easily unless it’s in a sentence involving “the other team.” If you were really wanting to grab the attention of the masses, you would state your purpose and goal for all of this. As a stakeholder in a project that you would want to do such as this, what am I going to benefit from doing this? Would your goal even truly get hit?

Some things you would want to personally review before trying to get a ton of people to even remotely want to do what you are recommending is evaluate the “what would Anet do?” scenario. Anet would probably not care and make a post stating that they will do tiebreakers for the 3 way ties. That would be the simplest resolution for teams being tied for positions. Is this supposed to be some sort of protest toward Anet on making leagues? With that in mind, I don’t believe you are going to rally the support you are aiming for, just for the mere fact that at least we have something. Keep in mind this game is not pay per month based and we do get updates with skill balance changes, some WvW changes here and there, even with their overall focus on PvE which would be their cash cow. We as WvW’ers are the minority compared to the PvE masses that are out there.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

(edited by Jedbacca.6297)

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

The rewards would be everyone getting the first place chest or whatever you’re supposed to get for winning, assuming that is what happens anyway. Also Mags, TC, and SoS getting something, instead of nothing, if somebody could plan it correctly (aka not me).

I personally don’t care either way what happens. I would find it funny to mess with ANet’s plan though. Also I’m not trying to be the spokesman for something like this. I was just like “hey, if we took 2nd in the 7th week… JQ and BG could tie… I wonder if all 3 of us could tie…”

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

JQ’s stacked SEA averaged a tick of 300 last night, there is going to be more of it to come,

JQ already have 2 automatic wins over SoR and BG thanks to the schedule

They were ticking 390 for quite a while.

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Your target audience is filled with competitive PvP based players. I don’t believe any of us recognize the word lose easily unless it’s in a sentence involving “the other team.” If you were really wanting to grab the attention of the masses, you would state your purpose and goal for all of this. As a stakeholder in a project that you would want to do such as this, what am I going to benefit from doing this? Would your goal even truly get hit?

Some things you would want to personally review before trying to get a ton of people to even remotely want to do what you are recommending is evaluate the “what would Anet do?” scenario. Anet would probably not care and make a post stating that they will do tiebreakers for the 3 way ties. That would be the simplest resolution for teams being tied for positions. Is this supposed to be some sort of protest toward Anet on making leagues? With that in mind, I don’t believe you are going to rally the support you are aiming for, just for the mere fact that at least we have something. Keep in mind this game is not pay per month based and we do get updates with skill balance changes, some WvW changes here and there, even with their overall focus on PvE which would be their cash cow. We as WvW’ers are the minority compared to the PvE masses that are out there.

buzzkill

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Luckily not everyone attempts to generalise from one post to an entire server.

And it would be the same server as myself, who posted in the same thread:

I commanded BG’s EB for several hours earlier.

At no time did it seem like JQ had any lag advantage. To suggest that they do is – imo – just plain silly.

But if it doesn’t suit your pet theories and carefully nurtured insecurities you just seem to ignore it.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

buzzkill

I know right, negative nancy over there, no fun in T1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

Oh, I’d like to say thank you to the two SoR I killed yesterday who gave me Black and Celestial unidentified dyes and the BG just a minute ago that I got Abyss off of.

Love killing you guys <3

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Kudos to you

They are recruiting too!

Or The Iron Pentagon more corners

kitten true say :P

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

buzzkill

Seriously. Why follow boring Jedsus when you could follow Wahammad?

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

I saw SoR Sea ticking +270 most of the time today.

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

I don’t even know for which server that KeeZee posts in this world of “I have a 2nd account on JQ/BG/SoR”.