10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

If Zds move to SoR = not much opponents to fight.
If Zds move to JQ = not much opponents to fight.
If Zds move to lower tier = not much opponents to fight.

IRON should be so proud not QQ.

ZDs move to fight around EU timezone and they pick BG that show so much respect to IRON. (If they move to SoR that means they think Coin+HB are better than IRON)

1. They rate IRON as a worthy opponent.
2. BG has to fight SoR for 3 straight weeks = ZDs can fight IRON for 3 weeks.

If a good guild pick your guild as an opponent that means you guild is good.

Be proud and fight!!

Everyone keeps saying this, but they all fail to realize that ZDs starts up hours before IRON does and they log about an hour after IRON even gets ramped up and starts. So you are all telling me that ZDs came from EU to have fights for about an hour a night with IRON? I hope it was worth it for them…

To be fair though, it’s not unusual to see IRON begin to play earlier than they did this week. Seems Wrex’s illness reduces the time available that IRON can fight ZDs.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

IRON joins SoR – weeks of SoR chest thumping pvd “WE IS BETTER THAN YOU!”

ZDs joins BG – SoR QQs more than a 5 year old girl that didn’t get her Hello Kitty Pez dispenser.

Tables turned = epic QQ

Youy are wrong here. When we came to SoR T1 was unbalanced, messy. 1st matchup in the leagues last week was very close, beacuse T1 became competitive and quite balanced.

That’s the huge difference between IRON and ZD moving to NA.

You realize you told him he was wrong when he was 100% correct, right? The moment SoR received [IRON] (who’s numbers squashed ANY guild BG or JQ had in the EU timezone) they went on a tear and were basically unchallenged because of numbers. Only when Coin moved to BG was when there was some resistance (with big thanks to those RK and HB who showed up as well).

The week before IRON moved to SoR, WM playing overtime along with any early NA people who had nothing better to do was exactly why BG’s EU timezone seemed strong, when in fact it was only people playing outside of their ‘timezone’.

I bring this up because that 18k lead SoR had? Yeah, it was evaporated because of people willing to play outside of their timezone. BG wants to win (especially after all the kittentalking), so much that their commanders and troops are willing to stay up a few extra hours to try and rally the server and bring it back from what started to look like a very grim Monday. If SoR isn’t willing to put in extra hours, cool. But, ZDs was NOT the driving factor of the massive cut into SoR’s lead that happened into Sunday/Monday.

It’s been said in this thread a few times. SoR’s forces went to bed with a comfortable lead believing they had it in the bag and could at the very least sustain it throughout the week. They awoke to a rude awakening.

With only about 3-4k of a lead left, its quite possible a bunch of people went “well wtf?” and pretty much everyone was demoralized because of the hard work they put in over the weekend was gone over the course of two timezones, again, thanks to overtime. That said, SoR has notoriously never ticked at kittening 15 ppt ever, fights or no fights.

I remember when SoR was trying to recruit before free transfers ended, he said “We CANNOT teach spirit, we CANNOT teach honor, we CANNOT teach motivation, we CANNOT teach courage.” You guys need to find that again.

Also, T1 in leagues was so competitive because each of the three servers have timezones that they excel in. JQ has its SEA, SoR its EU into early NA, and Blackgate has its Late NA into OCEANIC. Throw in the fact that all three servers had the achievement floodgates burst open with countless hordes of players who probably haven’t WvW’d at all, and the strategy of trying to keep JQ down due to their easier schedule for the entirety of the league, you can plainly see why it was so close. It’s a lot easier to see the cracks in a server when there is no third superpower to hide such.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“BG can hold stuff on TCBL because TC has no one there” Go to TCBL durring NA prime and TRY telling me that we arent trying to defend. Theres a 4 hour period where we actually have the strongest force on the map every day.
If you’re going to point fingers, point them at yourself first. Yesterday we flipped a hills that had mortars finished (we broke the gates, and let SOR cap it) and then flipped bay later that night with the same upgrade status, AND defended garrison from the Choo blob.

if you are talking about my post, please read it a little more closely at the start. Im talking about the late NA/Early oceanic time period.
I do wvwvw for 8 hours a day, multiple days a week, and I get to see every map because there’s 0 queue’s for any of them. TC does not have people during that time period. That’s not a flaw, no one expects T2 servers to be running zergs on every map during that time period, hell, SoR doesnt run a zerg on every map during that time period, it’s part of the reason we were losing PPT.

I meant no offense to TC at all, or your NA crews,

in Match-ups

Posted by: dkarpostag.5849

dkarpostag.5849

Everyone keeps saying this, but they all fail to realize that ZDs starts up hours before IRON does and they log about an hour after IRON even gets ramped up and starts. So you are all telling me that ZDs came from EU to have fights for about an hour a night with IRON? I hope it was worth it for them…

And you keep saying your thing as well, however I`m not so sure about that. Yesterday ZDs raid was ongoing while we heard, that iron was raiding in EB with descent numbers. That was announced about hour and a half (or maybe two) before ZD raid ended. I`m kind of sure, that you did know that because of community. Why didn’t you show up? Not calling you cowards or whatsoever, still – question remains.

Norn Necro
Marching with ZDs
Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

He meant TC has nothing in the time period where ZD and IRON play in. It’s post NA / early OCX . TC does have EU players … in fact its a stronger time slot than our OCX/SEA… but i believe its more late EU / early EST base of players? i can’t speak for them. Prior to EU though, the gap has been exploited proven so that we can only muster up defense on TCBL / Garri and maybe our EB Keep – we’ve never attempted to strech out to our opposing BL’s with any expectation that we’ll see it in the morning.

That would require … more OCX/SEA and a guild in the early EU timeslot.

NA though we have forces on till usually late night, even losing. We dun care about score – we do however know when to let a tower sit (cough) JINX not letting our 5 man take it back, yep that was me standing there on my uplevelled (yes same guy who took out catas in back) watching at spawn – btw I had 0 expexctation we were going to take it back.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

OMG SOR WITH ALL THESE QQs.
Cry more. Make more excuses.
Timezone? Russia is like 1~2 hour early than EU?
We in the United States, there is a EST and PST.
They are 3 hours different.
And IRON guys, why didnt ZDs went to lower EU server?
Why didnt IRON went to lower EU server?
SOR had a good ride with IRON when they 1st came to SOR.
WHY cry now? cause SOR cant get easy PPT on EU timezone anymore? <—Very TRUE.

Just last week, SOR was like BG sux, BG no longer T1 server.
More cry. It makes your server even more weaker.

After watching your post history…
Calm down and show me where starscream touched you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I dunno about the rest of JQ, but I’m personally curious/excited to fight a new guild. If you keep playing the same people constantly, you’ll never learn anything. Bring it on!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

This is very shameful behavior, SoR. The minute we get a guild, you guys tank the score to attract guilds. It is just not possible otherwise to hit 20 PPT.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

This is very shameful behavior, SoR. The minute we get a guild, you guys tank the score to attract guilds. It is just not possible otherwise to hit 20 PPT.

Enough with this kind of stuff please guys. Clearly this is not what’s happening this week. It’s a morale/desire issue, plain and simple. We’ve all experienced it.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Enough with this kind of stuff please guys. Clearly this is not what’s happening this week. It’s a morale/desire issue, plain and simple. We’ve all experienced it.

No, he’s right. I’m ashamed. This is a game after all.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

Precising that you’re from the US wasn’t necessary, this made it clear.
Please learn the geography of the rest of the world.

You might have to first learn about its existence but hey every journey has a first step.

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

No, he’s right. I’m ashamed. This is a game after all.

I can kind of see where Seigfriend is coming from. I’ve never seen SoR at such a low PPT before and I think the main reason is because they’re demoralized. Losing Garrison, their EB keep and a 20k lead is unfamiliar for SoR.

Being demoralized is one thing. Giving up intentionally to attain some goal is another thing entirely. That’s all I’m saying.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

Precising that you’re from the US wasn’t necessary, this made it clear.
Please learn the geography of the rest of the world.

You might have to first learn about its existence but hey every journey has a first step.

it’s 2 hours different… i dont see anything wrong with it. I have been in both Russia and Uk and now im in Us

ps : . in Us guilds prime time are totally different each guild ( west, mid. east ). i dont think i see ppl use it as excuse >>.

BG

(edited by Sunt.6835)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

superduperstackgate just trying to justified their stacking power by creating a scenario that does not exists. i am betting zd leading coin, rk and hb on door pounding with few opponents and laughing at how well they do it. their new motto is just do it.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

I want to say I’m really proud of the SoR members that have been showing up late NA night after night. Super proud of Jamezay, Aurust and Brutus the past few nights — your commanding has been awesome, and you have pulled us triumphantly through some fights I thought we were going to die in.

I skimmed these last. . .ugh, 20 pages of forums? . .and was seeing some rubbish about SoR turning on IRON? What utter trash. We <3 IRON. Unfortunately I miss most of them due to timezones, but when I do get to run with them it’s great.

/back to having dreams about calling water fields.

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Its just a shame that BG still hide behind towers/keeps when they got nothin to loose
#ScaredGate?

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Akkadian.7206

Its just a shame that BG still hide behind towers/keeps when they got nothin to loose
#ScaredGate?

Not as scared as IRON is of a little competition.

/Haymaker.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

#ScaredGate?

/Haymaker.

If only they would play during our timezone.. We would sit them right down in the corner pity really

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

#ScaredGate?

It is easy to undermine your own e-thuggery when you are admittedly taking your ball and going home because things didn’t go your way in a videogame. Seriously where are the IRON PR people this kid is just plain sad and making your guild look bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Shifty, take a deep breath bro.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

All kidding aside. It is getting a bit painful to watch this kid post.

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

I really don’t understand how shifty hasnt been kicked from IRON yet embarrassing troll

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

I couldnt care less, sound a bit mad if you ask me

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

dragon.8071

/Haymaker.

stop talking of iron scare of competition. iron won’t back down from fair fights. iron prime time is later than zd’s. zd have enough time to pvd and build up defenses while waiting for outnumbered sor’s eu forces. iron tries to establish some control. bg being the big stacked monster who outnumber opponents 3-1 asking for fights? lol. little competition? is there any when you tripled your competitor? funny stuff stackgate.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

I was being serious about that comment but you seem a bit up tight with ZDs now.
Back on EU we had great fights with them, but their primetime seemed to have shifted forward for whatever reason

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Rarely do EU guilds come to NA, and IRON tucks tail and runs at the first sign of a competitive battle.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

wow i can’t believe t1 servers are actually qqing about coverage and whatnot

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

I couldnt care less, sound a bit mad if you ask me

Don’t confuse anger with pity. Keep trying there though tiger. It might be painful to watch but certainly entertaining.

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

After this week BG 10pts, JQ SoR, TC 6pts, Mags and SoS 4pts

BG wanna win – should consider sending some of your SEA/OCX force over to TC to ensure JQ does not win.

\lightbulb

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

I was being serious about that comment but you seem a bit up tight with ZDs now.
Back on EU we had great fights with them, but their primetime seemed to have shifted forward for whatever reason

Well, part of it could be attributed to daylight savings time, which Russia doesn’t participate in. The time difference between London and Moscow widened by an hour last Sunday when normal time kicked back in and they rolled their clocks back. I’m not sure when the rest of Europe shifts if they haven’t already. I know us yanks move our clocks this Sunday.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Akkadian.7206

#ScaredGate?

/Haymaker.

If only they would play during our timezone.. We would sit them right down in the corner pity really

Crashing through your doors
in a massive Russian tank
when will those Euro boys
just shut up and get spanked~ ha~ ha~ ha~

Deaths about to ring
drink vodka day and night
those ZD boys will pillage and kill
until IRON comes out to fight oh~

Here they come, watch them run
the excuses are all here
timezone this and you stack that
but there is no blob here~!

Come on son, 1v1
You guys know where its at
Test your luck, but watch your butt
Your neck might just get snapped.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Deaths about to ring

the excuses are all here

Come on son, 1v1

This the best Christmas knock off that came from soviet. Now make one to the music of monster mash

~X

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

Deaths about to ring

the excuses are all here

Come on son, 1v1

This the best Christmas knock off that came from soviet. Now make one to the music of monster mash

~X

is… is it meant to be sang in a Jingle Bells tune?

HELP I’M BAD AT THIS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Rarely do EU guilds come to NA, and IRON tucks tail and runs at the first sign of a competitive battle.

You really are clueless child aren’t you.

Iron, if run before 6pm UK time always would be lucky to push 20 people. Against 40+ (generally much more then this) there is next to no chance of success unless you can farm a choke point, which is only possible against idiots.

6pm-8pm Iron is starting to ramp up their forces. this 20 people will eventually reach 30-35 on a good night and carry through for a few hours. However by this time ZD has logged off and their map blob has dispersed and replaced by COIN/HB/RK map blobs. These hand holder guilds are fought constantly whilst IRON has a significant number disadvantage without complaint. Sure we may lose the battle or cut our losses however generally more are killed then lost.
It been hilarious the last couple of nights when IRON and COIN had equal numbers, after one loss COIN would not engage until RK and the rest of the blob arrived. They would literally hide/run until the others near. Yet no complaints, hell it a compliment that they are so scared they need to hand hold.

ZD do not fit into EU prime time, they log within 1hr of EU time starting to ramp up. People with family generally come home from work at 5pm, spend time with wife/children and eat dinner and then start to play. Sorry if you lonely and dont get to do that, but we not going to demand people to take time of work or ignore their real life to fight some russian’s that play in an unoccupied time zone.

Sure we may get a 20man group out in future matchups when we got some people back that fit in that slot (and/or want to lead in that slot), BUT said group will not be able to do much in regards to open field fights against the 50+ man blob that ZD will be running at the time… and sitting behind arrowcarts so you can farm said groups is not the IRON playstyle so you wont see it happen.

The ONLY way that ZD will find any competition in NA is if another russian guild comes over to either SoR or JQ (or one the tier 2 servers). Likelyhood of this will be slim.
You would know that even in the EU servers that Russian timezone has always been a key one that gave servers a significant advantage. I faced off against them many times at various levels and it always has been the same.

Anyways, that me just back from being out with the family for halloween. Gonna go relax

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Deaths about to ring

the excuses are all here

Come on son, 1v1

~X

HELP I’M BAD AT THIS

Yes …. and you leave yourself so very vulnerable there with that comment (I’ll take it as genuine trust in me not to take advantage of ya like trax)

Crashing through the doors =(Dashing through the snow)

Come now – he even wrote up ~ ha ha ha, and Ooohhh (he said oh but read it like ohhhh jingle bells / here they come)

#TimetoReinstateKaraoke@TC

~X

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

BG wanna win – should consider sending some of your SEA/OCX force over to TC to ensure JQ does not win.

\lightbulb

JQ already bought a bunch of SEA off BG preseason, how bout you petition JQ to spread some of the SEA guild love.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Please explain how we are running? We’ve fought every battle given..
But also on EU (you wont know much about because you don’t seem to have been there) weve fought a lot tougher opposition than whats present here.

We had thought ZDs had chickened out for whatever reason and decided to have an earlier primetime to what was on EU but it appears that all this clock changing has screwed us over from fighting eachother. But also as Corran stated, they play at an earlier time anyway.

Stop with the bullkitten of IRON running we never have and never will, ‘we fight till we die’

@Corran apart from GH are there any other russian guilds that can come to any of the other servers because thats what weve tried to do with any EU guilds and thats to steer them away from the server your in. I only bring this up because aparently theres another russian guild joining BG from Piken :/

The rebirth begins

(edited by Shifty.4985)

in Match-ups

dragon.8071

JQ already bought a bunch of SEA off BG preseason, how bout you petition JQ to spread some of the SEA guild love.

i heard it was your new sea that kicked them out to jq? omen, plx, and ??? sounds more like a trade. only sea bg loss was a small group of merc? am i missing any others?

Zerg Doors [ZD]

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

Deaths about to ring

the excuses are all here

Come on son, 1v1

~X

HELP I’M BAD AT THIS

Yes …. and you leave yourself so very vulnerable there with that comment (I’ll take it as genuine trust in me not to take advantage of ya like trax)

Crashing through the doors =(Dashing through the snow)

Come now – he even wrote up ~ ha ha ha, and Ooohhh (he said oh but read it like ohhhh jingle bells / here they come)

#TimetoReinstateKaraoke@TC

~X

dude were you around when Nightlight lead karaoke night. he can sing Whitney Houston songs with finesse and THOSE HIGH NOTES MENG.

also they make people like me sing backstreet boys. don’t ask why.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

BG: the organ grinder
SoR (IRON): the monkey
TC: the guy who keeps throwing change in the hat.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

\lightbulb

Son of a … well you know what they say about those with deep pockets…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

<3 to my SOR friends who fight on.

OP’d thief, lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

i heard it was your new sea that kicked them out to jq? omen, plx, and ??? sounds more like a trade. only sea bg loss was a small group of merc? am i missing any others?

[SUPR] left to SBI last week

[HB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

If you consider 50+ players with 2 veteran commanders small for SEA. This was the prime reason for all the League week 1, BG is dying yadda yadda talk. I guess the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

-KNT- BG

(edited by Krakah.3582)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

IRON joins SoR – weeks of SoR chest thumping pvd “WE IS BETTER THAN YOU!”

ZDs joins BG – SoR QQs more than a 5 year old girl that didn’t get her Hello Kitty Pez dispenser.

Tables turned = epic QQ

Youy are wrong here. When we came to SoR T1 was unbalanced, messy. 1st matchup in the leagues last week was very close, beacuse T1 became competitive and quite balanced.

That’s the huge difference between IRON and ZD moving to NA.

Oh yes, then SoR stopped bringing guilds over after IRON, I remember that…

…totally did not happen.

Also, I remember my guild totally stopped coming out to play WvW when IRON moved to SoR..oh no wait, we actually fought harder during our timezone to pad points against IRON’s inevitable gains.

WvW is 24 hours. The results are a sum total of the effort of the guilds and players of a server. I apologize for being snide in this post, but using the excuse of one guild to not come out to play is disrespectful. Don’t say it’s just the opinion of one person in one guild….is that one person responsible forall those points SoR is not holding? I’d much rather hear that you guys were on break or that your own population somehow is not there for one reason than another instead of slinging mud at another server that simply did exactly what all T1 servers have done.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I guess the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Didn’t you see the schedule? JQ is always green…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The bullkitten per tick in this thread is off the charts

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

The bullkitten per tick in this thread is off the charts

Hey Shini, go back to your own forums else me and Cuddles will have to do something about this!
And you know it aint guna be pretty

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Hey you guys just need to slow it down a bit. Theres too much to read

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Hey you guys just need to slow it down a bit. Theres too much to read

Pages 13-32 all look the same. Just pick one and copy it 20 times.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall