10/4: TC/SoS/DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: divine faithborn.8365

divine faithborn.8365

I would like to thank TC for zerging our keep at about 4 pm central time this afternoon. Even though you took it, one of your members dropped me a keg of wvw experience and started a chain of level ups that gave me a free 7 wvw levels.

Thanks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

I would like to thank TC for zerging our keep at about 4 pm central time this afternoon. Even though you took it, one of your members dropped me a keg of wvw experience and started a chain of level ups that gave me a free 7 wvw levels.

Thanks

all im hearing is that you couldnt kill them enough to save you’re keep but in end sounded like you had fun, T.T wish i was you

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Thanks

Consider it motivation to keep fighting the good fight?

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Sos is formidable, they’re like our polar opposite. It would be nice if your sea fought our na, and your na fought our sea. Hehe

SoS doesn’t have any major SEA guilds. We have a few smallish guilds that’s it… and by small I mean ~10 people lol.

TC on the other hand has Awe and INVC and some others.

Happy to hear you think we’re formidable though

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Actually…there’s really not “some others”. That’s just about it. The rest of the crew in SEA right now is militia.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Thanks

all im hearing is that you couldnt kill them enough to save you’re keep but in end sounded like you had fun, T.T wish i was you

Yeah he actually got one of those,had a raised eyebrow on when he linked it.
Wish all of you dropped more of those ^^

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Match-ups

Posted by: Im Not So Nice.2360

Im Not So Nice.2360

And on to proffesional trolling,did Pink got 500 thieves yet?
Still waiting to see a pure thief zerg fight.

Actually, we did do a thief zerg during last weeks matchup. If you’re a good boy, maybe we’ll do it again this week.

Also, we may or may not have 15 people in the guild who regularly play thief.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Sos is formidable, they’re like our polar opposite. It would be nice if your sea fought our na, and your na fought our sea. Hehe

SoS doesn’t have any major SEA guilds. We have a few smallish guilds that’s it… and by small I mean ~10 people lol.

Thanks for the pointing out, though I have to point out that the Awe you see run with the commander as militia now.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

And on to proffesional trolling,did Pink got 500 thieves yet?
Still waiting to see a pure thief zerg fight.

Actually, we did do a thief zerg during last weeks matchup. If you’re a good boy, maybe we’ll do it again this week.

Also, we may or may not have 15 people in the guild who regularly play thief.

Ah excelent,now if you manage to break the stupid guardian blob meta we might be getting somewere.
On other notes nice battle at eb valey,too bad all red seems to be of opportunist flavor this match up.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Match-ups

Posted by: Embur.6042

Embur.6042

Great fight at Orgath TC, RIP <3!!!!

Embur – Leader of Mindless Zerg [ING] Dragonbrand
http://mindlesszerg.enjin.com/home

in Match-ups

fishball.7204

Thanks for the pointing out, though I have to point out that the Awe you see run with the commander as militia now.

Ah ok… you guys always seemed pretty organized even from the CD days so your guild name stuck in my mind

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

Great fight at Orgath TC, RIP <3!!!!

You guys fought hard TC… but in the end…. we got ya.

kitten good job Crit and ING!!!!!!

Attachments:

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Abstraction.3019

Abstraction.3019

Goodjob [ING] and [Crit] tonight.
Proud of everybody for wiping the TC ebg megazerg at Orgath to end the night.

Tomas Kopitar – Mindless Zerg [ING]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sofspades.5814

Sofspades.5814

Dude, I totally want to know the numbers. I know we were rocking a measly 30 to 40 man group, but they were out numbering us 3 to 1 at the very least. Oh and to encourage all my fellow rangers out there. Ran a trapper CTP geared build surrounded by many and stayed alive the whole fight downing players left and right. Contrary to popular belief, you aren’t useless guys.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Actually, presence isn’t as active as before in wvw. We’re just 5 in wvw during sea time since the patch changed wvw for us. But invc is going strong.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Dude, I totally want to know the numbers. I know we were rocking a measly 30 to 40 man group, but they were out numbering us 3 to 1 at the very least. Oh and to encourage all my fellow rangers out there. Ran a trapper CTP geared build surrounded by many and stayed alive the whole fight downing players left and right. Contrary to popular belief, you aren’t useless guys.

3:1 would be impossible. Maybe 2:1, but TC prob had more like 50-60.

Also, rangers rock! My first commander icon was on a ranger. I prefer it for militia commanding, but warrior is a must for guild leading. =(

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Speaking of DB, quit mobbing our bloodlust while your own BL is full-capped.

I know this is probably DB’s worst week(s) since TSYM and the others all went to SoS last October, but keep your self-respect through this.

Besides, outside of the crappy idea that are the leagues, the number one villain in your tragic story is TC. How about we get a 2v1 going so they can feel your pain as well? Just because we’re outnumbered doesn’t mean we have to be outmanned.

But we wanted the advantage of having that bloodlust so we can pretended we are not outmanned at all. And who cares bout PPT?

All that time talking to the Maguuma folks is clearly rubbing off. If you start claiming that DB is winning because it has better roamers then you might as well go fully over to dark side.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

bandwagoneers.

:O? We got some bandwagoneers?!?!?! Why weren’t we informed?!

Of course you didn’t; you went from tier 4 to tier 1.5 purely due to a fluctuation in the Earth’s gravity that cause bull dung to be more naturally buoyant.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

The most frustrating thing about fighting TC is that there are moments when we get a full map going that we can match them.
If SoS just had a few more NA groups we could provide for each other what both our servers have been lacking, a balanced match. Heck SBI is looking pretty game, perhaps we might get a balance tier 2 some point in the future.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

bandwagoneers.

Of course you didn’t; you went from tier 4 to tier 1.5 purely due to a fluctuation in the Earth’s gravity that cause bull dung to be more naturally buoyant.

You are being purposefully ignorant if you think TC’s rise and DB’s rise are comparable.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

bandwagoneers.

10/10 troll bait successful. I didnt know that it took 10 months for bandwaggons to get that far, especially given that DB pulled it off in a month, and then QUICKLY fell apart. To a lesser degree you could look at kaineng for basically the same thing. No, TC has never been the “bandwaggon”, and we’ve never gotten influxes of guilds in a short time. Just over the last 2 weeks tier 1 servers have gotten more guilds than I can count on a single hand. HELL TC has even LOST some guilds recently.

please be more mad.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Did SoS get a ton of transfers or did a few guilds leaving really gut us that badly during Oceanic/early SEA?

I have noticed TC does seem weaker than what we were up against in our previous encounter.

Yeah so weak! we’ve sat at 500+ ppt all day, I hope you like the rest of the week.

Nice try, Magummybear. You’re no TCer.

I’ve been TC for around 2 months now. Got tired of Mags PVF/QQ’ing and the way people viewed the server as a whole. I came to TC to experience the Dolyak parades and RP, I can say I’m not disappointed.

(edited by Jereme.1840)

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

bandwagoneers.

Cute story. Please tell me more, I might send a draft to M. Night Shyamalan.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Did SoS get a ton of transfers or did a few guilds leaving really gut us that badly during Oceanic/early SEA?

I have noticed TC does seem weaker than what we were up against in our previous encounter.

Yeah so weak! we’ve sat at 500+ ppt all day, I hope you like the rest of the week.

I’ve been TC for around 2 months now. Got tired of Mags PVF/QQ’ing and the way people viewed the server as a whole. I came to TC to experience the Dolyak parades and RP, I can say I’m not disappointed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2x Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmception?

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

You are being purposefully ignorant if you think TC’s rise and DB’s rise are comparable.

What’s the difference between TC’s rise and DB’s rise?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

bandwagoneers.

10/10 troll bait successful. I didnt know that it took 10 months for bandwaggons to get that far, especially given that DB pulled it off in a month, and then QUICKLY fell apart. To a lesser degree you could look at kaineng for basically the same thing. No, TC has never been the “bandwaggon”, and we’ve never gotten influxes of guilds in a short time. Just over the last 2 weeks tier 1 servers have gotten more guilds than I can count on a single hand. HELL TC has even LOST some guilds recently.

please be more mad.

Speaking of which, TC does have a new guild to welcome to the server, which is a welcome change after the sad departure of some of our other guilds. I swear we should actually try and get a recruitment message up in the forums before the Season gets here. >_< Anyways, you guys in SOS might be more familiar with our newest transfers from Ehmry Bay though.

Looking forward to seeing more Good Fights [GF] on the Coast. =3

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

What’s this talk about rice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHri7zuZ0e8

Let’s be epic random

http://youtu.be/kfano8FvbB8

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

No more anime for you sir.

Let’s be epic random

You too.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Match-ups

ActionCat.4162

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

Ive been on DB since day 1 and what ive seen is we have hovered in T2 since about the 3rd month of the game. Yes we have had influxes of people, we lost some after the initial release to SoS and other servers and then we were pretty solid wvw population wise for a while. Then we did get more people joining about ehh.. 3 months back and then they all just left with many more this time for the league crap.

There are many many people who bandwagon because they want to win easy without a fight or any level of difficulty. Its just a sad fact of the greedy mentality of todays world.. quick and easy.

I do know that TC did lose guilds to the T1 craze as well even though they still have many players and yes I remember those months were DB fought the hell out of FA and TC for weeks on end with pretty close match ups.

Now… DB has lost tons of people and TC at least has retained some wvw population. I wouldnt be surprised if DB gets put in the silver league after our rating has tanked. TC… i kinda feel bad for you guys, you gota face the never ending blob zergs of T1.. that massive skill lag and long ques.

I do have to say i did really enjoy that fight last night though at ogres camp on EB. That was one hell of a fight and both sides really went at it!! We were on team speak having a blast, so thanks for the great fight!

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

No more anime for you sir.

Let’s be epic random

You too.

Hehe, i like this better though.

^————^

Go tc.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

TC… i kinda feel bad for you guys, you gota face the never ending blob zergs of T1.. that massive skill lag and long ques.

It’s not all bad, we get some good fights, just can’t compete with their numbers. Yea the lag sucks but the queues aren’t bad at all, virtually non-existent when we face T1 servers. We have longer queues this week fighting you guys.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Sov – goes to camp, sees SOS. FT meme. Runs away. Weeeee

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

bandwagoneers.

Not at all. You did get this big by adding to your numbers, and it took you a long time. You didn’t get the “traditional” bandwagon, but you continued to get transfers after you moved into tier 2 and continued to gain after that.
Just because it wasn’t some overnight effort to try and stack a server, doesn’t mean you didn’t gain some people looking for better their situation and add themselves to an already large WvW population.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

Why would I be mad?

You also haven’t had these numbers for 10 months.
I have mad respect for TC, but this “we’ve been here the entire time” thing just doesn’t hold water except for those of you who’ve been there since before the end of free transfers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

...then you might as well go fully over to dark side.

Candles! Get your candles here. Only 1 silver each. Light up your life. Give yourself hope. To carry on. Fill your nights with song. All that. 1 silver. Candles!

What was before, and what will be, are not now. Or candles.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

fishball.7204

Thanks for the fights tonight TC, our OCX crew had a lot of fun fighting you guys.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

Why would I be mad?

You also haven’t had these numbers for 10 months.
I have mad respect for TC, but this “we’ve been here the entire time” thing just doesn’t hold water except for those of you who’ve been there since before the end of free transfers.

I hate to break it to you, but thats an AWFUL lot of us (I’ve been here since starting the game in November). Tier 2 isnt so unbalanced because of us, as I said a few weeks back, its because of people leaving the other servers in T2. We’re basically just recruiting to try and compete with tier 1 at this point.
Also, while you are right about TC getting a lot of transfers over the last 10 months, it dosent qualify us as “band waggon” status. The growth was too slow, and for a while we struggled against FA, and we certainly had problems in tier 2 at first. Another factor to consider is that TCs actual population is much larger than it appears to be, given that we have a very large PvE dedicated population that sometimes crosses over.. but are usually fairweather at best.

Lunar Fighter

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

ActionCat.4162

Thats an issue with DB, we have a large pve population that doesnt get involved with wvw that much, otherwise we would have a monster wvw population.

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

Ive been on DB since day 1 and what ive seen is we have hovered in T2 since about the 3rd month of the game.
-snip-

However true this is, before DB got all their transfers, they were hovering around the lead of tier 3. Then jumped up to being ahead of TC in T2 within 2 weeks after getting said MASS of transfers. (Should I bring up the extremely aggressive recruiting by noodles and mayo?)

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Oh oh oh, my mistake! I thought most Magummybears, well, liked Maguuma for what it was. Guess a quick browse at someone’s posting history isn’t as telling as I thought.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

…then you might as well go fully over to dark side.

Candles! Get your candles here. Only 1 silver each. Light up your life. Give yourself hope. To carry on. Fill your nights with song. All that. 1 silver. Candles!

What was before, and what will be, are not now. Or candles.

That is extortionate. I think I’m going to undercut you and sell my tea candles at 95c each.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Thats an issue with DB, we have a large pve population that doesnt get involved with wvw that much, otherwise we would have a monster wvw population.

That’s the problem with every server in the game.
I’m actually going to be LMAO with glee as T1 loses it’s kitten during leagues when all the PvE folks go into WvW and clogs their queues for hours.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

That’s the problem with every server in the game.
I’m actually going to be LMAO with glee as T1 loses it’s kitten during leagues when all the PvE folks go into WvW and clogs their queues for hours.

I would like this to happen so bad.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

Ive been on DB since day 1 and what ive seen is we have hovered in T2 since about the 3rd month of the game.
-snip-

However true this is, before DB got all their transfers, they were hovering around the lead of tier 3. Then jumped up to being ahead of TC in T2 within 2 weeks after getting said MASS of transfers. (Should I bring up the extremely aggressive recruiting by noodles and mayo?)

Tier 2 hasn’t been competitive because it keeps on being home to folks trying to “create” the next super-server.
I have no idea why Fort Aspenwood has failed to launch, but I hear a lot about internal problems and no one likes the way they play the map lately.

SBI is going to be interesting because they formed in order to win the Silver League but keep stacking so much they stand an excellent chance of drifting into the Gold League depending on how next week goes. I personally expect them to fold like a wet noodle, but we’ll see how it goes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

-snip-

Tier 2 hasn’t been competitive because it keeps on being home to folks trying to “create” the next super-server.
I have no idea why Fort Aspenwood has failed to launch, but I hear a lot about internal problems and no one likes the way they play the map lately.

SBI is going to be interesting because they formed in order to win the Silver League but keep stacking so much they stand an excellent chance of drifting into the Gold League depending on how next week goes. I personally expect them to fold like a wet noodle, but we’ll see how it goes.

We actually had some of our best and most intense weeks when T2 was home to the superserver projects (KN and DB). Too bad those dissolved so quickly.

TC rallying to overtake DB and take the win on the very last night of the match after being overpowered and talked down horribly by bandwagoners remains my favorite memory in WvW.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/36/69

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

It’s nice to see that db’s waking up. welcome to the game.

As always, good to fight against SOS’s ocx team.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

bandwagoneers.

please be more mad.

-snip-

FA won tier 2 a handfull of times, and they were able to realistically compete with TC not -that- long ago, same goes for DB… you know, before all the bandwaggon guilds moved on. Back before they started losing people, and before FA lost BT, they had the manpower to make tier 2 at least -close-. The problem with BT was that they didnt USE that manpower effectively, and instead chose to play from 8-10 central time every night, pick one map and farm all they could and then dissapeared, sometimes without actually taking any objectives on the map other than a tower. It was always fun to turn their farm around on them and end up farming THEM though. All of my posts in a nutshell: “I miss the days when other T2 servers were competitive.”

Saying that T2 is only populated by “the next big thing” servers is under shooting the efforts that TC and FA made since launch to get to where they are. Getting out of tier 4 was purely by effort on TCs part. A lot of our PvE crowd started getting into WVW, which might seem why TC got mass transfers, when those people were already on the server. We have been getting a slow stream of wvw dedicated guilds for a LONG time now, but you should not under value the efforts of the commanders and guilds we’ve had since launch. The same way I would not undershoot DBs original crowd, who I’ve always respected, even through all the muck that was the bandwaggon guilds.

TL;DR: We put in more work than you’re giving us credit for. Same goes for FA. (Not that you’re talking down to us, but by relation, we’re included in that broad statement you made about T2)

Lunar Fighter

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)